Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Chevy Crew Cab

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2007, 10:30 PM   #221
Rock Stacker

Thumbs up

Its killer, I love how clean your truck looks. I gotta get mine painted and one of those grill guards. BTW how do the BFG's work on your crewcab? they seem kinda hard!
Love the flex with those Diaz leafs, he's a brilliant man, I mean who would of ever though of using plexi for leafsprings!!!
boggercrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2007, 10:35 PM   #222
I had the hottest girlfriend at the MSD Nats

its strange, the bgfs i have are much softer than ALL the other 4 sets ive had, the only reason i kept these. i think i got a knock off set. theyre very soft actually. i havent wheeled with them yet for no good reason, maybe i will to just compare. all the other bfgs i had were really hard and just awful performers. the 350 tires are actually pretty good, although i do have them siped. i doubt its a big improvement over stock. i am thinking about taking some 400 grit sand paper to the inside carcass of the hilift tires to get them thinner and maybe conform better to the ground. i dunno. well see.
obijuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:44 PM   #223
Rock Stacker

Yea the set I have remind me of the tires that came in model car kits about ten years ago, there just a step up from hard plastic. I' ve been xperimenting with cuting down Moabs to fit the hummer wheels but with the axle swap and work, I just haven't had time to really sit down and do it. I would like to just buy a set from Xtreme but there never in stock and he narrows them a bit much for my taste, but I think I saw a post from 1badjeepbruiser saying that xtreme will cut and shut to your specs, so maybe I'll hit him up, I just like to try stuff myself first and try to save the cash.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:58 PM   #224
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by obijuan View Post
contact david diaz of diazdesigns in the vendors section, they are the bruiser leafs and are $40 new.

So I am reading this right and you are using the Bruiser Leafs and not the Juggy leafs? So what do you think of the Flex? I have been contemplating which ones to buy but didn't want to raise my truck with the Juggy Leafs to get the flex I have seen with some of the trucks that have been posted up.
Eviltwin_52s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:03 PM   #225

yeah just the buiser leafs, they set the truck at the perfect height. identical to the highlift leafs i had before. they flex great, i get negative arches. i had to adjust my shocks travel and mounting positions to get the max compression out of them. i am sitting at ride height at full droop. doesnt bother me cause when its flexed out the body flexes on the chassis as well, so it appears as though i have more travel in the shocks than i really do. my body is mounted by an ancient mayan secret. velcro. shhhhh the chassis is only solid mounted together at the transmission and everywhere else is flexable. the trans is the fulcrum of the chassis. 'na mean?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:24 PM   #226
Quarry Creeper

I know this is probably old news but LED's have a cathode(-) short lead and anode(+) long lead

Sweet a$$ build by the way..real talent involved there
jwcustomwurks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:36 PM   #227

thanks homie, i didnt have that clarified. too bad i cut em! while in the subject, how am i gonna power all these leds, i think i am going to put in 10. maybe more. will 9v be ok? also got some resistors or whatever they are. got about 10 of them too. should it be like a loop or each light set connected to the battery? can you tell i dont know what im talkin about here?
Old 05-17-2007, 12:59 AM   #228
Quarry Creeper

series vs. parallel I'm going to tell you that first off I don't know everything about this subject. But here's some helpful material
http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/mods/H...20an%20LED.htm
http://unclean.org/howto/led_circuit.html
http://www.instructables.com/id/E9NFEFO2ZGEV2Z9QKZ/ <----decent
http://www.teamrocs.com/technical/pages/wiringleds.htm
http://www.physicsforums.com/archive.../t-126693.html <---some decent reading material
jwcustomwurks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:08 PM   #229
Rock Stacker

Red face

Hey OBIJUAN, hows the crewcab comin'? any updated around the corner? what about paint?
Old 05-21-2007, 08:22 PM   #230

nah not really, i am working on my 12mm hex design for bruiser axles so i can still run my 1.9s. also i have just been wheling the crap out of it. i need to basically quit playing and get it together man. also have been fullsize muddin and working on my rig. i just picked up a set of duals for my dually project coming up. ill get something together for yall pretty quick.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:07 PM   #231
RCC Addict

I put led's in a savage, and just made a 3 cell pack. my hobico charger does 1-8 cells so no problem there, 3.6v is perfect for the ultra brights, use 180 ohm 1/2 watt resistor to drop the voltage for 3v led's. I put them on a switch and used a small turnbukle to turn it on and off with a servo so I had lights on the go.

and as stated earlier, they are polarity sensitive.
hairba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:54 PM   #232
Pebble Pounder

I love this truck
tcmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:07 PM   #233
Rock Stacker

Talking

Hey Obi, when you get a chance can you see if you have a pic of how you mounted your servo?
Old 05-26-2007, 08:55 AM   #234

little update for yall. yesterday i started working on the bed again and i think its ready for paint. i made a busted out tailight because i blew up the led foolin round with em and poof! so i put the broken one in the busted out socket. looks allright if you ask me, it wont work but just be for looks. since i only got two red led's

also sold off the axles in prep for dana 60 bruiser axles with dedenbear knuckles and im super broke right now. after this im gonna go look at a 75 3/4 ton with a 465/205. probably gonna buy it.
the bruiser axles are really wide comparitively and i think im gonna switch to stock car wheels to get the track width in more. believe it or not, stock cars are a deeper offset than the hummer rims. maybe i wont switch and just look dumb.

heres how she looks now:

and the light lenses:

and the steering servo:

hope all that helps and let me know what yall think.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:04 PM   #235
Rock Stacker

Talking

thanks for the servo mounting pic, once I get my frame from you I'm ready to go and with that pic it will take the guess work out of where the best place to mount it at is. THX
Old 05-26-2007, 10:56 PM   #236
RCC Addict

How did i never see this thread before? Looks nice, i like the body i don't think anyone has ever done it to a clod before.
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:02 PM   #237

yeah a few have done it but not with the detached bed and interior. i have not seen that stuff. i personnally will never run a truck without a detached bed, its just so badass to see the body lines tweaked out when trail riding. i have my chassis only fixed at two mounting positions in the center of the chassis. it acts as a fulcrum and allows for alot of flex within the truck itself and not just the leafs. also the body is only mounted with velcro and sort of adjusts itself to the chassis when flexin. notice the frame rails in relation to the grille and body: (i totally gotta whore out this pic)
Old 05-26-2007, 11:04 PM   #238
Rock Crawler

Quote:
(i totally gotta whore out this pic)
lucky....was she a good one?
foodstamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:05 PM   #239

and this one:
Old 06-04-2007, 10:58 PM   #240
Rock Stacker

love the cc and the blazer i have a 87 on 36's with the stock 10bts but i dont really thrash it bad just a mudder. cant wait for the proline blazer body to come out!
87bigblazer is offline   Reply With Quote