Notices

Thread: First (non kit) build - GSpeed v1/c1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2021, 04:30 PM   #21
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: First (non kit) build - GSpeed v1/c1

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtorrob View Post
Finally got the wheels mounted to check width (9”) and get ready to start mounting the body. This is probably the most stressful part for me.
Looking good so far! I like the wheel and tire combo, but curious as to what size hubs you used to get the 9" width.

And yeah, I hear you on the body! Mounting was fairly easy for me. It's the prep and painting that has my stressed!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2021, 06:46 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Default First (non kit) build - GSpeed v1/c1

This is coming together nicely. I’m stoked on how well the ar45’s tuck on my c1 build, looks like you have yours setup just as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBuggy View Post
one thing I noticed on mine when installing the servo (also using the lay down mount) the servo arm if not the correct size will end up hitting the chassis before it reached full throw when turning left.

I also have run into that issue when running a 24mm servo horn, but in my case it was due to the drag link being too long. I ended up with an 80mm eye to eye drag link, and still use the 24mm servo horn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 07:58 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBuggy View Post
Coming together great!

Something you may want to look at, is one thing I noticed on mine when installing the servo (also using the lay down mount) the servo arm if not the correct size will end up hitting the chassis before it reached full throw when turning left. I am only saying this cause your servo arm looks pretty long. I had one with similar mounting points and I just cut the horn down to the last hole I need and then it fit no problem.

Thank you! Yeah I’ve been dealing with either too short or too long of a Servo arm. It doesn’t hit but it’s about a mm away from the chassis when full throw. I have the tgh one on order so hopefully that one works a bit better.
realtorrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 08:04 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Looking good so far! I like the wheel and tire combo, but curious as to what size hubs you used to get the 9" width.

And yeah, I hear you on the body! Mounting was fairly easy for me. It's the prep and painting that has my stressed!

Thank you! 6mm hubs are on their now. May need to push it out to give the tire room on full steer.

Prep and paint is going to be a whole experience within itself I think haha
Old 07-02-2021, 08:10 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
This is coming together nicely. I’m stoked on how well the ar45’s tuck on my c1 build, looks like you have yours setup just as well

I also have run into that issue when running a 24mm servo horn, but in my case it was due to the drag link being too long. I ended up with an 80mm eye to eye drag link, and still use the 24mm servo horn.

Now you tell me! Haha.

I had to order separate custom drag links, (80mm ) after building the link set I ordered and trying a million different ways to get the longer drag link that I originally had to fit.

Lesson learned, don’t always expect what you order to fit perfect, make adjustments, measure and order to your personal specs for your build. This is why I love crawlers, as well as why I’m going crazy. Lol
Old 07-02-2021, 01:46 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Now you tell me! Haha.
It’s recent news to me also!

What I finally figured out, the mounting points for the steering links on the knuckles are closer together on ar45 portal axles compared to ar45 straight axles and ar44’s. I had put together a v3 with mostly stock 10.2 length links with no problems, however using ar45 portals requires short tie rod and drag link.

Old 07-02-2021, 03:28 PM   #27

Laying out electronics..

60/40 is the number I’m looking for form what I read.

Looks like I’m pretty close minus the esc which shouldn’t cause too many issues weight wise.

Now to see if the numbers hold with the body!

Old 07-04-2021, 08:30 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Laying out electronics..

60/40 is the number I’m looking for form what I read.

Looks like I’m pretty close minus the esc which shouldn’t cause too many issues weight wise.

Now to see if the numbers hold with the body!

One of these days I will get a scale setup like that. I like to think I have a decent sense of of the weight distribution based on knowing the weight of the parts I used but I would also like to see how close or far off I really am.

Nice build so far!
TBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 08:50 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

So you did not use the skinny monkey skid?
treadway47025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 09:38 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadway47025 View Post
So you did not use the skinny monkey skid?
I ended up going with the Vader monkey skid for the 3 gear trans, the monkey skid pushed the rear lower links back too much.
Old 08-15-2021, 08:59 PM   #31

Slow build, got distracted with some changes in direction.

New TGH wheels came in the mail and they tuck nicely .

Had a Toyota body ready to go for class 1 but then had the great idea to do an f350. Does anyone have any examples of how they mounted and built a class 1 f350?

Old 10-26-2021, 08:52 AM   #32

Finally updating this thread! Finished the build and now I’m obsessing over what’s next.

Think I’m going more of a scale truck next. I found out that the build part was the most fun. Seeing these creations come alive is addicting.

Anyone have any suggestions as to where to start on a scale build? I’m leaning toward the rc4wd blazer kit. I like the body and scale axles etc. I can then destroy and accessorize as needed hahaha

Enjoy the pics I got at proline by the fire.

Old 10-26-2021, 09:01 AM   #33
RCC Addict

Man somehow I missed the last updates, but this turned out really nice.

Almost any of the rc4wd rigs would make great scale builds, and you’re right, building is most of the fun.

It’s taken me a while to learn that I have to have a clear plan/function for each rig I own. Other wise I end up with similar vehicles that don’t get used, or just don’t hold my interest. Also I’ve stopped beating myself up about starting projects and selling them off for the next one
Old 10-26-2021, 10:28 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Man somehow I missed the last updates, but this turned out really nice.

Almost any of the rc4wd rigs would make great scale builds, and you’re right, building is most of the fun.

It’s taken me a while to learn that I have to have a clear plan/function for each rig I own. Other wise I end up with similar vehicles that don’t get used, or just don’t hold my interest. Also I’ve stopped beating myself up about starting projects and selling them off for the next one
I’m trying not to build anymore gspeed builds, I figured I could always just make a new body for the setups I have. I don’t do too many crawling competitions so that’s an easy one. Just sold a comp rig that I didn’t build to make room for whatever is next.

I have a feeling with the the more scale builds it will be harder to sell if/when I decide to do so. So much time and effort, but on that note selling means the money rolls over the next build ��

Thanks for the recommendation for rc4wd. I figured it the easiest way to get into more scale builds before I jump had first into a one off complete custom using anyone and everyone’s parts, as well as fabricating my own.

Thanks for the

First (non kit) build - GSpeed v1/c1 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TBuggy's GSpeed build TBuggy 1.9 Scale Rigs 28 05-27-2022 06:20 PM
topher builds an Element Kit + Gspeed TGH V3 Topher Builds Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 22 05-13-2021 11:30 AM
Noob GSpeed Build - ? About Parts SertRC 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 01-14-2021 06:56 AM
LightWeight GSpeed V2 Build! scxguy Axial SCX-10 1 04-02-2019 06:40 PM