Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Blasphemous EvereSCX-10 ‘01 Tacoma Drift Build?! WTF?!?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2021, 02:13 AM   #21

Default Blasphemous EvereSCX-10 ‘01 Tacoma Drift Build?! WTF?!?

RWD anyone??

Messed around with it again today & had too much front chatter from the CVDs that it would cause the front of the chassis to bounce off the ground in full lock on either direction. Even with steering trim turned down below 50%, I couldn’t get rid of it…so I did what any “normal” person would do & experimented if I could get more angle from the front & if more was indeed achievable, how would it do as a RWD chassis?

Answer: a whole lot better than 4WD. Lol. Granted, I only ran test runs in the limited area of my dining room, but damn did it surprise me.

Need to start shifting the weight around as I had the heavy 3s LiPo secured at the most rearward point of the truck to aid in swangin’ her back out as a 4WD, but I figure if I move the battery in front of the trans, it’ll allow me to get a little more angle that’s controllable. Again, not built as a comp drifter, but damn is it fun to swang around somewhat aimlessly.

Running a 11.5t brushed motor on 3s for the time being until new brushless esc arrives. If the Savage XS motor doesn’t work with the esc, then I’ll be picking up a sensored motor since the esc will be a sensored unit from HobbyWing.

I can get a little more angle from the steering, but I need to figure some things out first in order to get all of it.

More test runs to be had tomorrow with some footage hopefully. New wheel setup arrives tomorrow. 2.2 Fly Wheel adjustable offset wheels in white on white. Gonna paint the lip Metalcast red to match the 1.9s & leave the faces white. Need the bigger wheels to “scale” the appearance.

Play around with weight distribution, tire & suspension settings, gyro settings & it should do just as good as the 4WD to RWD converted chassis’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by kANAkSz; 06-29-2021 at 09:02 AM.
kANAkSz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2021, 02:30 AM   #22

Default Re: Blasphemous EvereSCX-10 ‘01 Tacoma Drift Build?! WTF?!?

Shakedown video of the RWD conversion from earlier today.

https://youtu.be/3qer8AbXusI

Very hard to maneuver with all the weight sitting behind the rear wheels. Constantly wanted to spin out & very hard to initiate a drift even with the handbrake & even more so trying to hold the drift with barely any grip from the front tires.

Have since relocated battery in front of the trans & right behind the front wheels. MUCH easier to control & get sideways now & control it. With the weight in the back, I could barely swing it around a container. Not so much the case anymore.

Shakedown test #2 tomorrow & hopefully it does better. Still need to figure something out for the steering as I’m not getting the full angle possible, but it works for now with a little throttle control & e-brake finesse.

Need to go back to brushless ASAP as this motor won’t last much longer on a 3s battery pack. Lol. But they were only $12 for the pair off Banggood so I don’t really care that much. Already burnt out the same motor that was in the civic.

Old 08-13-2021, 12:16 AM   #23

Better late than never…

Still have some fine tuning to do, but she drifts pretty well. Just needs a better driver.

https://youtu.be/mtxiwlqbeuw

Old 08-13-2021, 12:17 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

cool build but that body is just wrong a roof rack and a spoiler and massive camber on a solid rear axle truck just looks way off
but other than thats its pretty cool
i like the build and out of the box thinking
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 01:01 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
cool build but that body is just wrong a roof rack and a spoiler and massive camber on a solid rear axle truck just looks way off
but other than thats its pretty cool
i like the build and out of the box thinking

Lol. Roof racks on a Tacoma is a Hawaii thing. Granted, they weren’t on the 4 doors & more on the single cab 90s Yotas, but I couldn’t get my hands on the single cab Yota body until recently. You’d be surprised how many mini trucks used to run roof racks back in the day, & some still do.

Go beach all day, load up your stuff in the bed & rack, & go drifting afterwards.

I know it isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I meant this to be like an extreme, riced out version of a backyard drift build. Like those guys that have ridiculously big wings for no other reason than looks.

As for the camber, I haven’t found any wide enough over fenders or kit parts from other bodies that would fit. The current over fenders I have on the truck are the widest I could find & I didn’t like the look of more than half the wheel sticking out past the body.

It’s still a work in progress, I’ve been scouring sites looking for a short course body with wide fender arches, like the slash, that I can hack apart & mount the wider fenders to the truck to get rid of the camber & make it a little more controllable in the terms of RWD drifting. Right now I’m only using about 1/3 of the contact patch just because I want the top of the wheel somewhat in the fenders. High offset wheels are needed due to link & shock points getting in the way of the steering angle I want to achieve without making custom mounts & hacking the axles.

But don’t worry, I’ve been looking at my truck & thinking I should have kept it close to stock too. Lol. Thinking of buying another Tacoma body & leaving the bed intact, no wing or rack & maybe just the front splitter & rear diffuser for a cleaner build & use the 2 bodies as I see fit. My single cab body is getting delivered today, so I’ll be busy hacking up a HSP Flying Fish chassis & converting it to RWD for that body since the wheel base fits the regular drift chassis.

Mahaloz for taking the time to scope out the build bro.

Old 08-13-2021, 06:09 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

As much as I hate "stance" builds, your truck out awesome. It's certainly something different from the norm.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
smc-93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 09:28 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

ha ha ha last time i was i hawaii the speed limit was 25mph and doorless vw busses seemed to be the car of choice of course that was before the mini truck craze lol
only racks ive ever seen on a mini truck were surf racks i never understood the wing thing on anything they just looks cartoonish in my opinion but hay its your rig and just cause its not my style i can still resect the build
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 11:11 PM   #28

Got rid of the roof rack, wing & old diffuser. Made a new template diffuser & transferred to styrene for final build. Made a new wider front splitter while I was at it. & for anyone wondering about that empty “boxed” space in the middle of the diffuser, I’m planning on cutting some extra lenses I have laying around, painting it clear red & wiring up a flashing red LED light to mimic those F1/Touring Car rear fogs…or your run of the mill BRZ/STI mod everyone does.

Cut, fit & color matched some DemiWorks E30 Rocket Bunny Fenders.

Gonna change offsets to 6mm from 9mm all around & reduce some of the rear camber.

Added some camber & toe out to the front using spacers on the steering link & she handles much better thanks to a tighter steering lock on the leading tire compared to trailing tire needed for RWD drifting.

Gonna cover up the bed floor using a lexan sheet to tidy it back up & only leave the bed to cab bracing exposed. Switching to some side exit exhaust tips. Looking into those backfire kits that shoot actual flames out just for the hell of it. May add a engine sound box too for shits & giggles. We see.

Probably gonna switch the rims to some DS Work SP1 adjustable offset wheels & use these wheels on my RWD converted HSP Flying Fish chassis I’m currently working on.

Last edited by kANAkSz; 09-04-2021 at 12:53 AM.
Old 09-04-2021, 04:00 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

There's a guy I follow on YT who's building a 6x6 62 C10 drift truck that built a 1:1 Taco drift truck. Here the link for the build break down.

https://youtu.be/gbPnMFV1ydI

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
W1ck3d0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 01:10 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by W1ck3d0n3 View Post
There's a guy I follow on YT who's building a 6x6 62 C10 drift truck that built a 1:1 Taco drift truck. Here the link for the build break down.

https://youtu.be/gbPnMFV1ydI

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

This is one of the trucks that inspired me to build the Tacoma. Lol. This one & the engineered to slide white Tacoma out of NZ.

This specific truck is what made me look for the E30 fenders.

Originally wanted them when I started the truck, but they were out of stock but finally got my hands on them.

But that 6x6 C10 is insane. I just subscribed to his channel to see the updates. Lol.

Mahaloz bro

Last edited by kANAkSz; 09-04-2021 at 01:14 PM.
Old 09-05-2021, 01:17 PM   #31

Fenders & diffuser mounted. Looks a lot better with these fenders.

Blasphemous EvereSCX-10 ‘01 Tacoma Drift Build?! WTF?!? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally got a SCX10 (Tacoma build) 802coma Axial SCX-10 190 08-08-2016 06:39 PM
c1 honcho/tacoma my first build thread fish-hunter Axial SCX-10 35 05-19-2014 11:07 AM
Long time Tacoma build rockhugger Axial SCX-10 16 03-19-2014 11:59 AM
Honcho now Tacoma Build!!! BOWTIE Axial SCX-10 236 08-18-2011 11:49 AM