Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Renslip's Tuber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 10:56 AM   #41
Rock Stacker

That must be one of the nicest tubers that i have seen here on Rcc.
The pictures are just as awesome.
savage from the north is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2008, 04:43 PM   #42
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Renslipevol my orange jeep tuber for the scale nats was nearly undrivable it was so top heavy, and i didnt even have the roof rack you have. the thing that saved my rig and made it a damn good performer (other that STEEP vertical climbs, just too much weight) was weighting the wheels, i put 3 oz in each wheel, i was too lazy to reopen the beadlock, so i just stuck the weights on the inside of the back of the rim. made a HUGE difference in tip over angle

good luck! kick some ass
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:05 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Excellent job man. This is one killer Jeep & beautiful pics!
Crawln Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:42 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

I may just chuck whatever weight will fit inside the tire, within reason. Then again i probably won't. I may....I don't wannt look like a fool. The M22 needs to perform. I used some solid 3/16 on the rails, hoping it would pull the COG down a little bit. But that Holmes hobbies 7T puller is a pig hooked up to the R2. I know one thing, those upper links angled down aren't helping traction. I need to make one like yours. The one thing with this Jeep is that its predictable. I know when she's getting close to 40 degrees its just about to tip. It will be my first time out with other drivers so, Its going to be interesting like the first day at a new school.

Thanks Crawln Coles, savage from the north and bugz2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
Renslipevol my orange jeep tuber for the scale nats was nearly undrivable it was so top heavy, and i didnt even have the roof rack you have. the thing that saved my rig and made it a damn good performer (other that STEEP vertical climbs, just too much weight) was weighting the wheels, i put 3 oz in each wheel, i was too lazy to reopen the beadlock, so i just stuck the weights on the inside of the back of the rim. made a HUGE difference in tip over angle

good luck! kick some ass
Renslipevol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:28 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

The M22 is a great looker, and performed pretty well yesterday. Yes, the comp crawlers outcrawled it, but if you gave points for the scale factor, things probably evened out Nice to see that you weren't afraid to give her snot and push it to the limits!

Hey, I guess you beat out the Fat Girl since I broke that extended driveshaft before I even really got a chance to open her up on the rocks! Just glad I brought 3 rigs with me

A couple of pics and video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygoN-laTQs8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRZUD8phkuk

Yes, he was that close to the water, and yes, he almost took the M22 for a swim a couple of times. Not sure why you guys were playing down there, plenty of nice rocks in behind

Overall, it was a good time yesterday. Not too much carnage, and even some Japanese tourists watching and clapping for us
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:32 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

SWEEET! I didn't even realize you were taking video or pictures! I love that video! Yes, it was a great time, minimum breakage, but most of it could be fixed or rock rash....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli View Post
The M22 is a great looker, and performed pretty well yesterday. Yes, the comp crawlers outcrawled it, but if you gave points for the scale factor, things probably evened out Nice to see that you weren't afraid to give her snot and push it to the limits!

Hey, I guess you beat out the Fat Girl since I broke that extended driveshaft before I even really got a chance to open her up on the rocks! Just glad I brought 3 rigs with me

A couple of pics and video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygoN-laTQs8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRZUD8phkuk

Yes, he was that close to the water, and yes, he almost took the M22 for a swim a couple of times. Not sure why you guys were playing down there, plenty of nice rocks in behind

Overall, it was a good time yesterday. Not too much carnage, and even some Japanese tourists watching and clapping for us
Renslipevol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:10 PM   #47
RCC Addict

Beautiful build, I know how a Jeep tuber build can get out of hand.
Attached Images

hitman46mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:10 AM   #48
Pebble Pounder

wow love it great job
lobi1kanobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:06 AM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Very nice work
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote