Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: My junkyard TA01/02 project....(pic heavy)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default My junkyard TA01/02 project....(pic heavy)

After much thought and some collecting of parts over the years (mainly TA series parts) Ive decided to go through my parts boxes and build a junkyard type of build. In the past ive started projects and never finish them, but with this one, i knew it would work. I had the parts and know how and it came together quite nicely. You want something different? Well here it is lol

To start off, i wasnt sure if i should put this in the 2.2 scaler forum, but figured you guys might like this. So lets get on with it, so i took a Proline tuber chassis and cut it up which i wanted to mount it on top of the TA01 chassis. I had to hack a lot of the bottom part to get this done, but after that, it fit perfectly!

Before (pictured with some 1.9s)

After some hacking at the bottom portion of the chassis.

Now, to get the body to sit even further down, i had to cut the body mounts off to make the tube chassis sit flush in top of the rear shock mount.

After i did all that, i built up some framing to reconstruct and build a panel that will hide pretty much everything. As you can see, all the white styrene is all what i built of course. Its not pretty, but its mostly hidden after i glued the styrene body panel and painted everything black.

I ended up bending the one bar you see with the screw mount on the end of it, i cut that off and made a new mount for the front side of the body. Its more for show then anything.

I drilled a hole in the chassis then ran a bolt through it and there it is..all finished.

To mount the tube chassis to the TA01 chassis, i used two mechanical speed control mounts for the TA chassis. worked out perfect. Its solid and the tube chassis isnt going anywhere! I had to open up the rear of the chassis a little bit to let the gear box pop out a little bit. Perfect fit!

So, heres the finished roller so far. The only tweaks ive done was put a high torque steering servo and just messed with the shocks a bit.

As you can see, there isnt much for ground clearance, but hey, thats ok! Because its not going to be a hardcore rig, just something fun to drive. As for electrics, im just sticking to the budget minded way to build, nothing hardcore, just something to get it running and to be reliable. Should be a nice trail running/light rock crawling type of rig. Thanks for lookin and any comments and suggestions are certainly welcomed!
ToTheMAXXcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: My junkyard TA01/02 project....(pic heavy)

Man thats sweer lookin so far, i have many extra parts and looking foward to be able to do this someday. Its nice to see people using spare parts to make something unique vice just buying something new
Andy774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:28 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Bro, that truck looks awesome. Looking forwards to more updates

Subbed
TrilloThrillo110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:28 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Those are the df buggy arms, right?
Derek Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 07:02 PM   #5

How does she run? Great idea for my TA01. Maybe I can ask for a parts list? Awesome!
ferdinandy is offline   Reply With Quote

My junkyard TA01/02 project....(pic heavy) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Spitfire(Pic Heavy) JDeezie82 Axial Wraith 51 07-31-2014 06:08 AM
2.2 Junkyard Build (pic heavy) Tex_50613 2.2 Scale Rigs 19 07-14-2014 09:15 PM
I might as well have one too (pic heavy!) CAPCbass Axial Wraith 23 08-16-2013 01:04 AM
Project Offroad WorkForce Dually Pic Heavy TheManCave RC4WD Trail Finder 2 28 04-22-2013 11:54 AM