Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Arizona

Notices

Thread: Lake Havasu Crawling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 02:33 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Lake Havasu Crawling

I am thinking of having a crawl night/day in the Lake Havasu area. If interested what is a good time and a good location? I would like to get something going and possibly working into comp. I used to be a shop/track owner but am currently working with HPI at some 1:1 events. Hopefully this will help grow the hobby in this area. PM me or shoot me an e-mail welte2005@yahoo.com with your thoughts.

Thanks, Scott
SWelte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2008, 04:38 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

hi scott,
that would be alot of fun,my son and i would love it,also i have a co-worker that would come.

mike from LHC
yz120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:00 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Hey Mike glad to hear. It would be great to get something going.

I am looking for a location to do this. I am new to crawling, but not R/C.

I just built a WK comp. crawler that I am still working the bugs out, I have a two other WKs that are for people to try. My wife runs one that is slightly mod'd, and the other has the convertion done. I probably won't be doing much till after November 7th thru 9th. I work with (not for) HPI and will be at the Parker Splash with a try me area set up at my camp. So I have been busy getting 3 R/C trucks together along with my 1:1 rig. After that I will really work on a time and location. I am just putting out the word to see what the responce is.

Thanks and I will post here any new news.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:16 PM   #4

Default Crawling

Hey there sounds like a blast
LtPhildoe1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:51 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Went out and did some scouting today. I went up to the end of Bison and hooked left around the hill, then dropped down into the wash, found some ledges and side hill stuff to mess around on. Ran around for about an hour. It was pretty good. With some work it may be a good area. Just have to drive some dirt to get there. Also I found an area next to Lowe's. If you turn on Chenoweth (road to the dump) go to the first street, Victoria Farms, turn left, on the right hand side between Lake Havasu Storage and the utility station there is two rock slopes to run on. And the bonus about this area is no dirt road.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:06 AM   #6

i hear that makenzies off road has a small indoor course. i`ll call and check into it.

so do we know who scott is? did he used to sell redline oil products??????

steve
METALBMX28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:16 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

I have talked with Josh(? I've been known to screw up a name) at McKenzie's, he said they go somewhere in Rotory Park.

No......I have never sold Redline oil products.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:36 AM   #8

there is a few spots in rotory park that look good. one is by the foot bridge by the rc track the other is the area by vehicle bridge.
METALBMX28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:44 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtPhildoe1973 View Post
Hey there sounds like a blast
I will try to get your truck to you soon.
hitman46mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:42 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the info. I need to get out and walk around Rotory. I was down at Sara park yesterday and walk a little bit of the hiking trail towards the river and saw what looked like some nice areas. I just don't know how tight the Rangers are in that area. The last few days I have been trying to scout as many areas as possible.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:28 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

scott,sounds like you are really looking hard,hope something develops soon as my son is itchn to test his bmvII chassis`d wheely king,i finnished it tonight.
i think i need to go a tooth or two lower on the pinion,he cant wait to test it(he is only 10yrs old).
Old 10-31-2008, 12:20 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

That's cool for your son, Hope he has a blast. Yeah I'm looking all over, today I did a drive on Rotory and there is a small area right on the beach at the beginning of the parking lot by the rc off road track. Had a little impromptu crawl in my front yard tonight, lots of fun. The yard by the street is nothing but rocks.

After this 1:1 run I have next weekend I will get with evryone and see if we can nail down a place and time. Until then I will keep looking for spots and if anyone comes up with a cool area let me know.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:02 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

I was at Home Depot and noticed that there are 2 areas in between the highway and the parking lot that may be good for a little crawling.

I'm done with the Parker run and ready to get something going.

What day or days are good?
What area would you like to try?
What times?
Old 11-12-2008, 05:13 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

you make the call of when & where and i`ll show
Old 11-17-2008, 03:18 PM   #15

Hey there. I'm a noob to this forum. I've lived in havasu off and on for a decade or so, but haven't been back for about 5 years. I'm planning on coming back in January(the axial will be in my suitcase). I was reading the thread and trying to think of good places to crawl. It's been a while, but isn't "Castle rock" out in desert hills kind of like a little bit of Moab? I was thinking it was kind of that smooth grippy red rock that fills my dreams. Maybe it's just a pile of sand, rocks and gravel like everywhere else though, my memory isn't the best. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
bgnfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:19 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

Don't know....Have not looked at that area too much. Maybe someone else has info on that area.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:07 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgnfreek View Post
Hey there. I'm a noob to this forum. I've lived in havasu off and on for a decade or so, but haven't been back for about 5 years. I'm planning on coming back in January(the axial will be in my suitcase). I was reading the thread and trying to think of good places to crawl. It's been a while, but isn't "Castle rock" out in desert hills kind of like a little bit of Moab? I was thinking it was kind of that smooth grippy red rock that fills my dreams. Maybe it's just a pile of sand, rocks and gravel like everywhere else though, my memory isn't the best. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

checked out castle rock today,not much to crawl on-plus it was slippery.
i did notice a spot under the 95 overpass across from the church on maricopa looked pretty good. and also along the stairs leading from the london bridge parking lot to mcculloch blvd looked good but not very wide.
i`ll keep looking.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:55 AM   #18
Rock Stacker

I'm still lookin too. I talked with the guys over at McKenzies and they are down for a GTG. I have been workin on a crawl area in my yard. It's coming together pretty good and I can light it for night runs. I should sit down long enough to figure out how to post pics, but I just can't seem to get them to work.

If we find a good spot I'm thinking of getting together on a Sunday afternoon.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:57 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

found a spot today!
entrance to sara park-park in the dirt right side just before the two rock formations on both sides of the road-this is the mcculloch blvd entrance.
go down the hiking trail till you get to the waterfall around 150-200ft.
a little bit of everything.
SWelte,check it out and let us know what you think.
if you would like to meet up to check it out PM me.
i can do sunday if you like
Old 11-21-2008, 10:38 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

I'll have to check that out. Was looking in that area yesterday. I will have some time to spare Sat. a.m. to do a drive by.