Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: RTR AX10 Gone Rock Racer........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2008, 11:06 PM   #81
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPLORx4 View Post
Aluminum links won't help my problem though. The plastic links themselves seem to be OK, but where the 3-link ball joins to the mount on the axle, the ball has a lot of slop inside the mount. Does yours have a similar problem?
Oh I see now. I just used a small piece of fuel line on each side of the ball stud to remove the slop.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2008, 09:17 AM   #82
Quarry Creeper

Perfect! That's a great tip. Thanks. That'll save me a few bucks!
XPLORx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:18 AM   #83
Rock Crawler

Default Rock Racer!

All i can say is WOW!!!Great video Paul. I think the Rock Racer thing will really take off in the future.I just picked up an ARTR yesterday and am leaning toward using mine as more of a racer than crawler.I nstalled a Trinity Speed Gems 14D and 19 tooth pinion with a 3000mAh 6-cell pack.I took it out for a maiden run last night.I moves pretty good but need a little chassis tweaking yet.Hers a few pics as she stands now.

RiderZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:06 AM   #84
Pebble Pounder

dude did you see that speed ,i know what im ordering when my rtr comes in , an xl5
BEN214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:18 PM   #85
RCC Addict

Bender I must say the rig looks like fun. I would like to see some paddle tires on it, and how it dose on a hill climb.
You must learn to crawl before you walk.

Last edited by Creepy Inc.; 02-11-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Creepy Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #86

Default Re: RTR AX10 Gone Rock Racer........

Hey Bender, I have modleded my crawler after your rock racer. Putting in the 12t motor and a 22t pinion with the same shocks. First time out i snapped the CV joints on the rear driveshaft, so I went and bought Integy HD driveshafts and spun the internal shafts off of the set screws. Do you have any advice or exprierence with this so that I can get back in the game? And Integy is not helping at all with no response and no way to get ahold of them besides their ticket method which isn't very smooth at all. Thanks.
joshjflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:46 AM   #87
Rock Crawler

C.I. Maxx Drive Shaft Upgrade Kit
dstrbd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #88

Thanks that is definately a sweet kit, but the mrs will definately not buy off on that since i just go out and romp on it. Also that is a sweet profile pic dstrbd1. Will have to look for another idea.
joshjflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #89
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjflores View Post
Thanks that is definately a sweet kit, but the mrs will definately not buy off on that since i just go out and romp on it. Also that is a sweet profile pic dstrbd1. Will have to look for another idea.
Look into the MIP's they are the strongest shafts but a little heavy. Quite a bit cheaper though. Run them with 2 set screws and you should not have any problems.

The profile pics is my 1:1 Crawler. Link to build up is in Signature.
dstrbd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #90
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjflores View Post
Hey Bender, I have modleded my crawler after your rock racer. Putting in the 12t motor and a 22t pinion with the same shocks. First time out i snapped the CV joints on the rear driveshaft, so I went and bought Integy HD driveshafts and spun the internal shafts off of the set screws. Do you have any advice or exprierence with this so that I can get back in the game? And Integy is not helping at all with no response and no way to get ahold of them besides their ticket method which isn't very smooth at all. Thanks.
Do your current driveshafts have the older universal joint, or the newer CV joint at the transmission and axles? You could look into using either Traxxas Jato or Maxx driveshafts. That is probably the least expensive option.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:59 AM   #91
Quarry Creeper

Bender I know you built this particular rock racer back in 08' but now that is has been 4 years gone by, what would you do different but still using the ax10 as the foundation of the build if you did this again today? Just curious since im building a rock bouncer/basher from a AX10 cause of the chassis options that are out now. I chose the UGC FASTBACK 2 and im waiting on it to arrive. I would like to get your opinion on this now since you did one a while back.
donhd04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #92
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by donhd04 View Post
Bender I know you built this particular rock racer back in 08' but now that is has been 4 years gone by, what would you do different but still using the ax10 as the foundation of the build if you did this again today? Just curious since im building a rock bouncer/basher from a AX10 cause of the chassis options that are out now. I chose the UGC FASTBACK 2 and im waiting on it to arrive. I would like to get your opinion on this now since you did one a while back.
Honestly, there isn't much I would change. This rig was really fun and pretty durable. I am in the process of building another rig like this using Axial's soon to be release Ridgecrest. Should be just as fun as this one was.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #93
Quarry Creeper

Well I just went back and looked at the ridgecrest and I gotta say I almost wish now I would have waited for it instead of going on and getting the AX10 RTC. DAMNIT.
donhd04 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/122056-rtr-ax10-gone-rock-racer.html
Posted By For Type Date
Axial AX10 Scorpion: RTR/Rock Racer Tips and Tricks Build This thread Refback 10-05-2011 05:55 AM