Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: My new chassis design - bodyless tvp design.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 07:53 AM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Got the plates in and painted up, starting to get it all together. Once it's running, I'll post a build thread on the new design.

I do want to mention that I'm a little dissatisfied with the quality for this set. The first set was cut nice and neat, and had the protective layer still on the lexan. This one has burrs all around the edges, the protective layer is gone, there are a ton of light scratches all over the plates, and there was a layer of sticky gunk all over that I had to take goo gone to. And I thought costs increased because of finish quality. I washed them up and de-burred the edges, so it's fine now, but I thought I paid this much so I wouldn't have to deal with that.

Anyways, I'm going to run with the "Karnage" name for now. I think it's easy enough to remember, and there's no way you can mispronounce it.

One thing I really really really like about the new design is being able to mount the shocks outboard and not have any clearance issues with the tires at full turn.

build thread coming soon...
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links