Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Scrappy Frog - The Poison Dart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #181

nice build
laganm21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #182
Quarry Creeper

10x man
jimmyshor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:13 AM   #183
Rock Stacker

Hi Chris,

fine videos, I like them soo much and I'm very jealous.
We just came back from holidays in the south of France and there were so many rocks and mountains...and you will not believe what I did...I left my PD at home!! The weather was so shitty that I would have had a lot of time to crawl, but had no crawler... Am I an idiot?

Blader
Blader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #184
Quarry Creeper

Damn man

At least one crawler (i own 3 and a trailtruck) is with me in all my journeys. That and:
a) few screwdrivers
B) few screws
c) few zip ties
d) a plier

Those are permanently with me...on those rocks i had some problems (missing screw from right back shock) and, if you look closely, a zip tie is around a driveshaft, as it kept popping of (maximum abuse). Obviously, Scrappy could not perform at it's best, but i did not end prematurely the crawling session (read it fun)

Regards,
Chris

PS. Recently i managed to pay off my apartment and car (over 85.000 euros), and i am nearly broke, but in the future, i intend to upgrade the C-hubs and knuckles with VP ones (the ones that resemble with the XR10's).
Old 07-13-2011, 02:23 AM   #185
Rock Stacker

Hehe, I didn't have any place in my car, on our journey the trunk of my VW Touran was stuffed sooo full, there were no 2mm of room for the crawler, the spare parts, the tools and the box of batteries.
Next vacancy I'll take a truck...

In my opinion, paying the apartment and car is much more important than tuning a "toy". Well done!!

Regards to Romania, had a customer of Romania with a BMW 5 in my shop yesterday, was a nice guy.
Axel
Old 07-13-2011, 02:43 AM   #186
Quarry Creeper

Man, i drive a Hyundai santa fe Plenty of space, last year i went on a trip in Europe with my wife, daughter and mother-in-law. Stuffed the car with everything, i didnt take the crawler as i had a fried servo....

In Romania, almost 95% of BMW owners are "rednecks"....well, in my language they are called "manelisti" - a term wich is very specific to our past 10 years culture - that term anyhow, does not exist in any other language. Therefor, i came to hate BMW for what it stands in my country (bought only to show the world what a great guy a BMW owner is, how cool he is and the rest are so full of crap and the list could go on). Nevertheless, BMW cars are a pure example of german engineering, pushed to max.

Well, back to Scrappy. I drilled the wheels, now i try to find a way to undo that, as i dont like the result that much.

PS. Do you sell cars ?

Last edited by jimmyshor; 07-13-2011 at 02:45 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:24 PM   #187
Rock Stacker

Well, a Santa Fe has lots of space... did you fill it completely?
With ladies things?? Did you have 10% of it????

Ok, I understood what symbol BMW is for you.
They were young guys, and I think they were exactly what you think about them. But it is not the question of the CAR !! As you described.

No. I don't sell cars, I have a shop for car parts since 1994, I sell brakes, clutches, shocks a.s.o. .
Old 07-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #188
Rock Crawler

most BMW owners in the states are the same. we call em douches,Im pretty sure that means the same there too ya?

And here Rednecks wouldnt be caught in anything other than an old ford or chevy or ride on mower(craftsman) While drinking a ButWhiper and sportin a nascar hat

Last edited by Mr. crawl; 07-13-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Mr. crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #189
Quarry Creeper

Actually, my videocamera (Sony FX1000), my photocamera (Nikon D700 fully equiped) and other stuff occupied quite some space

Anyhow, that was nothing compared to the camping trip in the mountains i made after returned from Europe. The tent, electric power generator, and all the other stuff just filled my car....yet, i managed to sneak in a crawler - it worked for 30 minutes, as the servo fu(ked up again....but..what the heck...plenty of beer and wine to compensate =))

Man, i so wanted to ask you guys....not very happy with my DNA dig....it works, but i think there is a lot of room for improovement.....does it worth to switch to Hurtz ? (in the future, ofcourse).

@Blader - i resurected my trail truck (SCX10, 12.3'' wheelbase now). Using that brushless ESC from Robitronic (Speed2Star Crawler) and an old LRP engine (sensored). After doing only the "pairing" with my remote control, i noticed a veeeery nice hillbrake. You were right though, that esc is not as shitty i thought....
Old 07-28-2011, 08:51 AM   #190
Quarry Creeper

I went in the past weekend in the mountins with my family and did a little crawling with scrappy - still not happy with side stability (dont know if it is the correct term to use)...one possible cause for this could be the drilled whells...

Anyway, not so many improovments to make to scrappy (mayhe those 8 degrees knuckels and hubs and a Hurtz dig....but dont think it will improve that much the performance)...

I bought an used SCX10 rig (RTR), and i am thinking to revive an older project...the one before Scrappy...the black Widow project, and AX10 axle based rig, with HR Rock Racer Chassis, an R2 tranny with built in dig. I already have the chassis and i love the way it looks....now it depends how good it performs. What do you say ?
Old 07-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #191
RCC Addict

Hey Jimmy,

Just a thought on your side hilling. Curious, I did not go back in and read but, what foams are you using in the tires ? Also I am sure that motor hanging out will for sure cause a issue with weight distribution. Actually, it will distrupt on bothsides of the rig. Just my .02 on the matter. And we all know what that is worth over here.
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #192
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRV KRAWLER View Post
Hey Jimmy,

Just a thought on your side hilling. Curious, I did not go back in and read but, what foams are you using in the tires ? Also I am sure that motor hanging out will for sure cause a issue with weight distribution. Actually, it will distrupt on bothsides of the rig. Just my .02 on the matter. And we all know what that is worth over here.
Cant remember what foam i have in the wheels....2nd stage in front, but kill me if i remember what i have in the back...i think it's stock foam....hell knows....
Old 07-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #193
RCC Addict

Just a thought, Might consider some Crawler Innovations NOVAS. Or even the proline units. if you contact CI with the weight of the rig. They will hook you up with a great foam set up. Top notch Customer service !
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote