Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: ***HARDKNOCKZ El Nino III***

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #21
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Default re: ***HARDKNOCKZ El Nino III***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEDROCKZ View Post
I like the VP front link mount. Got it on my GC3 sporty. Drilled some new hole to be able to use the GC3 kit length links and moved the servo a bit forward. It all made a nice little package with all the elects on the front axle.

Swell parts list you gots going on. And Nabil for a coach
Figured I couldn't go wrong with it. I have a few other options if it doesn't work out but I'm sure it'll be fine. Thanks for posting that pic. Cool to see it on a rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabil View Post
how many of those frsky recievers do you have? how many work? everyone single one I bought wont bind to my 4pk wether in c1 or c2 modes. /hijack
Hey!!! You think just because you're my new sponsor & hookin me up PHAT you can just come onto MY thread & litter it with your chit chat? Well....

Of course you can. Shoooo...you can kiss my sister, drink my beer & borrow my truck. Well, maybe not borrow my truck after the last pic you texted me but you kiss my sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_The_Battery_Man View Post

Calm down sparky. Im just flippin ya sheet

Why would I call someones truck gay if it's running my parts? That automatically makes it a boss

Now get to buildin pumpkin or we cant be friends
Oh I KNOW you was jokin cuz if you wasn't...I'd grab ahold of them loops in yer ears &....um....tell you to be nice...ya big stupid head poop.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Sweet list of parts ya got there.

Let's see if we can't whip ya something sweet up to hold those axles together?

Chaotic has multiple new things is the near future that I think you might just be able to use.

I've been out of town doin a little R&R but once I'm back me and Marc will tackle the new obstacles
head on!
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #23
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Crawlers View Post
Sweet list of parts ya got there.

Let's see if we can't whip ya something sweet up to hold those axles together?

Chaotic has multiple new things is the near future that I think you might just be able to use.

I've been out of town doin a little R&R but once I'm back me and Marc will tackle the new obstacles
head on!
Right on Nick. I was just kickin some ideas around with Marc so we may just see a little sumtin sumtin soon.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Very nice build JD and from the sounds of it the missing link is on its way!!! I am too currently building a sporty but with ar60 axles.

Nick if ya are making a new one then put me down for the pre-order!!! Love my switch and would love to have another chaotic in my stable!!!

When I get a chance I will put a thread together for it.
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #25
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammoth View Post
Very nice build JD and from the sounds of it the missing link is on its way!!! I am too currently building a sporty but with ar60 axles.

Nick if ya are making a new one then put me down for the pre-order!!! Love my switch and would love to have another chaotic in my stable!!!

When I get a chance I will put a thread together for it.
I think between the ideas that the Chaotic boys have & those that TheScorpKing & I are hammering out...we'll have a pretty swell setup indeed. Can you say low slung, carbon fiber, titanium, aluminum....SEXY??? I KNEW that ya could.

Of course this is all in the infantile stages so it'll be a few but keep yer balls peeled fo sho. EYEballs ya durrrrty bastages.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
I think between the ideas that the Chaotic boys have & those that TheScorpKing & I are hammering out...we'll have a pretty swell setup indeed. Can you say low slung, carbon fiber, titanium, aluminum....SEXY??? I KNEW that ya could.

Of course this is all in the infantile stages so it'll be a few but keep yer balls peeled fo sho. EYEballs ya durrrrty bastages.
Yes it sounds very sexy indeed!!! Just like my Switch. I`ve got time as my build is gonna be a slow one. I just pulled what I had sitting around and had basically enough to build a sporty other then chassis and some much needed upgrades from those listed below!!!
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #27
RCC Addict

He said Balls LOL
And yes we are all durrrrty bastages around here
Hmmmm very interesting indeed i also would love to add another chaotic to the pack.
sign me up for one as well i'd even wait to build my sporty if this is the case even tho the ringer is nice but chaotic's service has been second to none,and sinces my special has been so sweet and got me into the winners circle acouple times
chevotafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #28
RCC Addict

very nice. when you come to sac. bring with there are a few that run them in the 2.2s comps would be great to see in action.
donzx12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Too much talking....not enough building.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #30
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammoth View Post
Yes it sounds very sexy indeed!!! Just like my Switch. I`ve got time as my build is gonna be a slow one. I just pulled what I had sitting around and had basically enough to build a sporty other then chassis and some much needed upgrades from those listed below!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevotafun View Post
He said Balls LOL
And yes we are all durrrrty bastages around here
Hmmmm very interesting indeed i also would love to add another chaotic to the pack.
sign me up for one as well i'd even wait to build my sporty if this is the case even tho the ringer is nice but chaotic's service has been second to none,and sinces my special has been so sweet and got me into the winners circle acouple times
Hopefully we can get some prototypes out soon but again...VERY early in the planning stages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzx12 View Post
very nice. when you come to sac. bring with there are a few that run them in the 2.2s comps would be great to see in action.
Abso-friggin-lutely. I'm lookin forward to hangin with you guys. It's gonna be like RC crawlin boot camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Yeah yeah. Just waiting on some parts.

I DID however just receive The Champion of Everything's Nats winning 2.2s rig this morning. HOLY GUACAMOLEY!!! Frickin thing is just DUMB. DUUUUUMB I tell ya. I'll be studying this mean green machine VERY closely & steali....err...BORROWING some of his tricks fo sho...cuz I'm gonna give em back when I'm done so yeah...borrowing.

Anyhoooo...Nabil had a little mishap so the chassis package hasn't made it yet but I'm good with that for now. I'm BEYOND stoked & WAY beyond grateful to have a cool mudder fugger like Nabil in my corner. Not many cats would say "Hey...take MY rig until you can get your's built." Thanks again & again Nabil. Yer good peeps man.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Dammit, thats what i wanted to post up! haha.. anyways,,, I AGREE
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:51 PM   #32
Try to Bend it

JD talk..............never
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:55 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Nice Rig JD! Man what a sweet list of parts...Can't wait to see it perform on the 6th. This season is going to rock!
TheAxialNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #34
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Quote:

Yeah yeah. Just waiting on some parts.

I DID however just receive The Champion of Everything's Nats winning 2.2s rig this morning. HOLY GUACAMOLEY!!! Frickin thing is just DUMB. DUUUUUMB I tell ya. I'll be studying this mean green machine VERY closely & steali....err...BORROWING some of his tricks fo sho...cuz I'm gonna give em back when I'm done so yeah...borrowing.
Just slap one of your throw away lids on Nabil's rig and say it's done.
Then send him back a stock AX10 with his lid on it.
Eazy Peazy, Lemon Squeezy.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:05 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenwheely View Post
Yep, that's what I'd do....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:37 AM   #36
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittman View Post
Dammit, thats what i wanted to post up! haha.. anyways,,, I AGREE
Dont be hate-in. Shoooooooo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlucks View Post
JD talk..............never
Throw another shrimp on the barbie mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxialNut View Post
Nice Rig JD! Man what a sweet list of parts...Can't wait to see it perform on the 6th. This season is going to rock!
Thanks brutha. I'm lookin forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenwheely View Post
Quote:
Yep, that's what I'd do....
I WOULD do that but yeah...funny thing...his rig never showed up Nope. No Jamali rigs here. No siree Bob. Weird huh?
Old 09-28-2012, 12:03 PM   #37
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
I WOULD do that but yeah...funny thing...his rig never showed up Nope. No Jamali rigs here. No siree Bob. Weird huh?
Well, you DO have the worst luck with shipping
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #38
RCC Addict

Hey if chaotic need some guys to test the new chassis i'd love to be one of there test pilots
But i know u have lots
chevotafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:26 PM   #39
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Default Re: ***HARDKNOCKZ El Nino III***

Whelp...I reckon it's time to update this thread since I've had the new CHAOTIC CRAWLERS EL NINO III 2.2s chassis for a couple of months now.

As you can see...I started collecting parts for this build a long time ago but my mop topped brutha Nabil loaned me HIS 2.2s rig for a few months so needless to say...motivation to build my OWN sporty was lacking.

But alas...the bastard wanted his rig back so the time came to get UNlazy & build a rig.

Chaotic had been teasing us for awhile with their newest chassis. Texting us pics, making changes, texing us more pics, making MORE changes but I must say....THIS little gem was worth the wait. I know, I know...team driver singing his sponsors praises...blah blah blah. But honestly...I was VERY impressed with this pile of carbon fiber when it finally hit my bench.

As always...machining, quality etc were top notch but the actual DESIGN of this chassis was what impressed me most. In a world where vendors have to struggle to design parts that not only WORK well but are also different enough from another vendors product so as not to cause issues...Chaotic hit this one outta the park.

Of course I didn't touch this thing until the week before WCS so the pressure was on. ESPECIALLY since my pro rig was down, 1.9 was down & the Wraith needed some work. Needless to say...I didn't take any progress pics of this build. But no worries because since she failed SO miserably at the WCS...she's getting torn COMPLETELY down for a proper rebuild.

Disclaimer: EVERY issue this little truck had was COMPLETELY due to the fact that I built her WAY too fast...finishing up in the hotel room the night before the event. NONE of the vendor products were to blame. Okee dokee?

So...this is where we're starting...

The Chaotic Crawlers El Nino III

RTR weight with a Thunder Power 850mAh 3s pack is at 4.62lbs which is pretty snazzy since again...I just threw this rig together without thinking or worrying about weight.

Parts list as she sits now...

Chaotic Crawlers
El Nino III 2.2s Chassis
El Nino III Ti link Set
Rear CF 4-Link Plate
Front CF 4-Link Servo & Battery Plate
XR10 Bent Titanium Steering Link
Vanquish Products
SLW VIII Drilled
Wraith Knuckles
XR10 C-Hubs
AX10 Lockers Fr & Rr
XR10 VVD's
Axial
AX10 Axle Cases
36/14 Hvy Duty OD Gears Fr
43/13 Hvy Duty UD Gears Rr
SCX10 Aluminum Bodied Shocks
AX10 Trans
WB8 Driveshafts
XR10 Plastic Lockouts
Creation Fab
Splined Long Front Tubes
Smooth Long Rear Tubes
Bypass
Transmission
BWD Heavy Duty Motor Mount
Duratrax 32p 56t Spur
Traxxas 32p 11t Pinion
Robinson Racing Steel Idler & Dif gears
Electronics
Hitec 7950
Castle 10 Amp BEC@7.4v
Creation Fab Bypass
Tekin FXR Decased
Futaba R614FF TX RX
Futaba 4PKS
Motor
Holmes Hobbies Custom Pro 540
Wind: 35
Timing and/ or Vehicle: 6 degrees XR
Armature: 5mm web 10mm comm SKEWED
Can: Two magnet FB12 (black)
Endbell: Laydown
Brush installation: Bolted
Bearing Upgrade: Ceramic ABEC 7 (China)
Balancing type: Epoxy
Wire fill: Highest fill
Wire Leads: No motor leads
Armature Slotting: Horizontal "Smooth Power"
Weight Kit: Stage 3

This was one of the motors for my XR but when I started having electrical issues the week before the comp, yanked em & threw in the Crawlmaster 13t's that JRH rushed out to me. I have another 13t Crawlmaster that he sent me for THIS rig so she's gonna scoot.

Tires
HB Sedonas HEAVILY Shaved, Siped & Clapped Out
Losi Boss Claws Shaved & Trimmed
Foams
Fr-Crawler Innovations 2-Stage OLD SCHOOL Foams...Medium Inner, Soft Outer
Rr-Stock Losi Boss Claw Foams Trimmed
Miscellaneous
CW Crawlers Carbon Fiber Wraith Steering Arms
Robitronics Servo Arm
RC Bros Knuckle Weight Holder & Weights
Traxxas Revo Rod Ends
Traxxas Revo Aluminum Hollow Balls
Losi Stock MRC Silver Springs (Soft) Front
Losi Mini-T Blue Springs (Firm) Rear
35 Weight Shock Oil All Around
Losi Grappler Pro Lid Painted by ONE DISCO CAT! in about 25 minutes

So thats how she sit at the moment. Here's a few more pics...

As I said...She was thrown together QUICK right before The West Coast Shootout. On the VERY 1ST shakedown Thursday afternoon before the 2.2s event that following Friday morning...she actually did really well. The only things I wanted to change was actually add some knuckle weight since I ran her with none & play with the rear shock & link locations a little to fine tune her.

I gotta a pack thru her that day before heading off to dinner at the WORST pizza joint in all of Apple Valley (Thanks Erik & Marc ) I was able to play with her a bit that night in the hotel room & got to the comp site the following morning to run her for a few minutes verifying that the changes that I made were all positive.

So I confidently threw her down on the start gate & after easily clearing gate #1...my ENTIRE tube, knuckle, C-hub, wheel & axle pulled clean outta the axle case. I took a drivers touch & was able to slap it back into place...although stay there it did not. Somehow...I was able to progress to gate #7 like that before throwing in the towel. Seems I forgot to run 2 screws through the axle case, into the tube further down the axle to prevent this VERY thing from happening. Again...that was COMPLETELY my fault. I knew it needed to be done & paid for slacking off on the build.

So after a quick fix with the help of Marc (Crawler-Dad) I was onto course #2 thinking "Thats a poopy start but if I can clean the next 4 courses...I MIGHT have a decent chance at a top 10 finish." Judge is ready. I is ready. My truck...not so ready. Drop in out of the start gate, make the turn to head to gate #1 & I have no front wheel drive...because my driveshaft fell off of the output. I take ANOTHER touch, get the damn thing back on, reposition to the start, get almost to the same spot when it falls off again...this time taking the output shaft with it.

So THIS is where I called it a day & figured since my pro rig was put together rather fast too & I was chasing some electrical issues...I'd better use that time to run HER around a bit.

So yeah...needless to say with a +24, +38 & TWO +50's for the DNS's...The ONLY way I'd be close to that top 10 is if there were only 10 drivers...& they all stayed home. THEN I'd have my top 10 alright

Rest of the weekend was a blast & redeemed myself well enough in the 2.2p class.

So I came home & started ordering parts for this COMPLETE rebuild. Obviously the Crawler Innovation output kit with Maxx shafts was high on that list. I also ordered some new electronics since these were robbed from here or there. She'll have a new BRSL or Micro Sidewinder. Have em both coming. A new Holmes 13t Crawlmaster is ready for work. I also have a nice, big selection of foams coming from Eddie @ Crawler Innovations. I figured since my old school DD foams are starting to give & he has NO plans of making em again...I'd better get onboard with the closed cell stuff. I have a few other plans as well & will start tearing her down tonight since parts have already started trickling in.

So keep dem eyeballs peeled for the HARDKNOCKZ EL NINO III REBUILD

J.D.

Last edited by HARDKNOCKZ; 03-20-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #40
D-Wray 4 Prez!

So was it 6 lbs before you blew the dust off. That is one sexy rig. Yo sponsors hooked you up yo! And they got a sweet rig to watch out of it.

I wish someone paid me in gum.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote

***HARDKNOCKZ El Nino III*** - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HARDKNOCKZ Switch III HARDKNOCKZ Videos! 9 12-21-2012 07:38 AM
el nino 2 darkfly Tamiya TLT Crawlers 12 01-14-2010 04:37 AM
el nino 2 build! revoracer99 EnRoute Berg 12 12-24-2009 08:07 PM