Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Anyone using the Incision SS links?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2016, 09:38 AM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Anyone using the Incision SS links?

Also, does anyone know anyone at VP? It's been a week and I still haven't recieved a response about my broken link.
powder4breakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2016, 11:27 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by powder4breakfast View Post
I forgot to snap a photo. I'll do it today. But, just like drm above, I would hit the links. I have VP VVD, Stage 1 kit, sh-7954 servo with Axial horn. Proline Flat Iron XL's which are pretty big.
Thank you. I'm trying to determine how well the links would work on my SMT10. It's hard to get much of any steering before the tires hit the lower links on the SMT10.

Quote:
Also, does anyone know anyone at VP? It's been a week and I still haven't recieved a response about my broken link.
"Awesome". I'd contact Harley via Facebook or Instagram.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 01:47 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Does Harley have his own handle on Facebook? Or is he simply the one who answers messenger requests on Facebook for Vanquish?
Old 12-20-2016, 02:09 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

He has his own. "Harley Designs". Pretty responsive if you message him.
Drm31078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 03:55 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

So I was able to talk with Harley via Facebook. Very nice guy. I will be taken care of.

VP is super busy right now which I can understand. Hopefully, they're making some more Incision KMC grenade wheels in black 1.9 so I can order and throw them on my SCX10 II ;)
Old 12-20-2016, 07:02 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Harley and Rob at Vanquish are very helpful, especially considering the time of the year!

I had a billing problem on a single Incision wheel purchase direct from VP and was helped very quickly.

I may be getting the SS links soon, but probably not until I destroy a kit link or two...might be proactive and go ahead beforehand. Dunno.

Although... the JEC Racing links are incredible - and notably more expensive.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:16 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Will one of you guys, please, upload a top down or bottom up picture of the clearance between the tire and the lower links at full steering lock?
[IMG]link 5[/IMG]

[IMG]link 4[/IMG]

[IMG]link 3[/IMG]

[IMG]link 2[/IMG]

[IMG]link 1[/IMG]

Surprisingly, while the tires hit the links, they just barely hit. I had it in my head that they would have gone way past the links. The tires definitely hit enough that it is a problem if you don't set end points. Depending on how the vehicle is weighted or tilted, the tires would hit the actual shock/link mount and springs as well as the Incision SS links below. This is important because you could use some bent or angled rod ends with the SS links turned the right way to get more clearance; but, you can't move the shock/link mounts or the shock springs themselves.

Again, I have VP's stage one kit with VP knuckle weights and VP VVD's, Incision SS links, SSD Rock Racer wheels and Flat Iron XL's

Hope this helps. Sorry it took so long.

edit: I'm using a link from my SCX 10 II on the one side until I get my broken Incision link sorted which is why there is a skinny straight link in there.

Last edited by powder4breakfast; 12-21-2016 at 12:17 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 12-21-2016, 12:22 PM   #68
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
[IMG]link 5[/IMG]

[IMG]link 4[/IMG]

[IMG]link 3[/IMG]

[IMG]link 2[/IMG]

[IMG]link 1[/IMG]

Surprisingly, while the tires hit the links, they just barely hit. I had it in my head that they would have gone way past the links. The tires definitely hit enough that it is a problem if you don't set end points. Depending on how the vehicle is weighted or tilted, the tires would hit the actual shock/link mount and springs as well as the Incision SS links below. This is important because you could use some bent or angled rod ends with the SS links turned the right way to get more clearance; but, you can't move the shock/link mounts or the shock springs themselves.

Again, I have VP's stage one kit with VP knuckle weights and VP VVD's, Incision SS links, SSD Rock Racer wheels and Flat Iron XL's

edit: I'm using a link from my SCX 10 II on the one side until I get my broken Incision link sorted which is why there is a skinny straight link in there.
Do you have slw hubs? if so what size??
rcbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 01:16 PM   #69
Quarry Creeper

No. Using the stock SSD hex mount with VP 12mm hexes.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:53 AM   #70
RCC Addict

Default Anyone using the Incision SS links?

These are much heavier than stock! Nice pieces though. I did notice there's a clearance issue with the front driveshaft and the lower front link. Might need to change that out, I'll see how it looks with the truck assembled and the suspension installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LSXGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:30 AM   #71

Quote:

Thank you for the pictures! For some reason I thought the lower Incision links were bent to allow more clearance for the steering. I'm not sure why anybody hasn't done that yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSXGMC View Post
These are much heavier than stock! Nice pieces though. I did notice there's a clearance issue with the front driveshaft and the lower front link. Might need to change that out, I'll see how it looks with the truck assembled and the suspension installed.
The stock links are close to the driveshaft so if the Incision links are thicker they are definitely going to rub. Bummer.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 10:53 AM   #72
Quarry Creeper

You can rotate the links. Doing so will eliminate rubbing on the drive shaft for sure. I have no rubbing (stock Axial drive shaft). Rotating them so that the bend is away from the drive shaft should also situate the other bend for better steering.

Not sure if what I described makes sense; but, check out people's Incision SS pics and you'll see that not everyone has their links oriented the same. Also, not all the links have symmetrical bends. You can flip some links 180* to change where the bends are.

Edit: And remember that on a Bomber (in some cases) you aren't going to get much clearance past the lower links before your tires hit the actual shock springs ...depending on hubs, tires shocks etc. I would think different SLW hubs would have the biggest effect on changing this..?

Last edited by powder4breakfast; 12-22-2016 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:07 AM   #73

On the link end that's rubbing... remove the link from the mount on the axle.

Grab yourself a longer bolt.

Move the link end to the outside of the mount toward the center of axle.
Install new bolt completely through mount as you normally would, but be sure link is on inner/outside of axle mount.

No... I wouldn't mount every link on a rig top and bottom, front and back like that. But I've never encountered a problem with one or two ends mounted outside their original location without full support on both sides

Will give you all the clearance in the world and you can also trim the tire side of the mount down considerably if that too is hitting tire.
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 10:39 AM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Yup, inside of the link mounts works great.

WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:27 AM   #75
Quarry Creeper

Just noting that it has been 2 weeks since I broke my Incision link and contacted Vanquish via their website. I also sent a separate email. Although I later contacted Harley on Facebook and he assured me I would be taken care of, no one at Vanquish has yet responded.

It seems like someone should be able to open either the email or contact letter and acknowledge the situation in a two week period.
Old 12-27-2016, 11:23 AM   #76
RCC Addict

I've emailed and called them more times than I can count, never received a single response.

Harley always chimes in and says "just call them, they're great!" But alas, not one returned call/email in 3 years.

They do have a warranty... buy another one.
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 11:40 AM   #77
Quarry Creeper

^^^Sounds about like where this is headed. Problem being that you can't buy a single SS lower link. So, shell out another $45.00 to pull one link out of a kit.

If VP wasn't the most expensive brand I could understand the lack of responses better. Just like so many others on here, I loaded my Bomber with VP parts. Quality is worth it with the buy once cry once mentality ...but not when it actually breaks and you can't get anyone to acknowledge you for weeks.

I am not complaining as much as just sharing this experience as it happens while trying to figure out where this is going to end up.
Old 12-27-2016, 12:10 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Strange... I was charged for 2 wheels after clearly stating in the notes that I wanted one, contacted them and they refunded the difference within a few days.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 12:18 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Update:
Called VP and got a hold of Rob. I explained the situation. I was told that other people in warranty would have to look at my email and decide. I explained that I had emailed 2 weeks prior and had yet to receive any response. Rob asked me to re-send the email to him. I told him he would have it in 2 minutes with pictures. I sent the email to him within 2 minutes of hanging up the phone ...so lets see.
Old 12-27-2016, 12:50 PM   #80
Rock Crawler

Maybe I am in the minority but I have had a bent rear axle warrantied, screws fall out of incision wheels warrantied, and missing rod ends replaced. I sent an email via their website contact page and received a response within 24 hours along with replacement items shipped quickly....
Drm31078 is offline   Reply With Quote

Anyone using the Incision SS links? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
vanquish incision chassis and links help? perry3182 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 4 01-21-2010 07:58 AM
VP Incision chassis links - what length? Rig Rocker Axial AX-10 Scorpion 9 12-23-2009 04:56 AM
VP Incision Deezul Axial AX-10 Scorpion 2 12-01-2009 05:44 PM