Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: gottorque's F-Bomb

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2016, 09:55 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: gottorque's F-Bomb

It's been a little while but I finally was able to figure out the rear axle. Considered getting another V2 to match the front....but the SCX10 width F9 on my wraith was calling my name.

It was Harley's PRT HD build that inspired me to do this,
-Centered Currie F9-

So out comes the F9 ready for the transplant. I ordered black centered Currie tubes from VP and got the centered axle shafts from Ckrc.

Yes I will be retaining the scx width F9 truss as I prefer it over the standard Centered RJ truss. It is not a direct bolt on however.
*holes will need to be drilled and tapped for the axle tube ends of the truss as the existing holes on the top of the axle tube do not match up*. I did anticipate this and will do that over the weekend. Following that, it is ready for install. I currently have a HD UD gear set in there as well.
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2016, 02:41 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Rebuilt the rear Axial shocks with the King caps/collars. Gave em a wipe down and filled with 35wt oil. Also trying out stock yeti 380 rear springs. Amazing how much nicer a set of shocks feel following a rebuild.

And I was able to get the F9 figured out.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:13 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quick update.

My buddy gave me a set of those halo lights that plug into RX power. They are white LEDs with blue halos and while they dont really match the orange, why not throw em on anyway. Ive been wanting a set of LED headlights for the front and they are pretty bright running off of 7v bec power. There is a switch that turns the center led on and off but the Halos are always on

Still messing with suspension, but I'm liking this setup. Running the gold springs with the shocks mounted all the way forward on the axle and all the way back on the chassis, just for that extra angle to increase the leverage a bit. I get some sag as well which is good. In the rear I am now running stock Yeti 380 rear springs with 1/4" of preload

Rock chucker
Old 12-29-2016, 08:33 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Update.
After reading a bunch through the Bomber thread, I'm finally convinced enough to give the much shorter Twin Hammers trailing arms a go on FBomb. Just so happened I had 2 stock sets of them laying around so why not.

Did I mention it looks better, cause it really does. More proportional to the real one.

I had been running the Vanguard system since I built the bomber, great for racing, but useless for crawling. So I tossed in a 21t Titan motor and some 60/10 gears so it'll actually crawl.

Running stock/under in the diffs, I was able to pilot my way around some pretty big rocks. Those R35 KR2s and CI foams had no problems hooking up in dry rocks. I never crawled with the stock length arms, but I can tell it was more maneuverable with the shorter arms. Breakover angle still was poor but i just bump the throttle on the top and power over.

While I do plan on switching back and forth between the brushed and brushless motor, the Twin Hammers arms are staying
Old 12-29-2016, 08:48 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Looks good. Without reading back through it all, is that the stock spare tire rack?
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:59 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
Looks good. Without reading back through it all, is that the stock spare tire rack?
Yup. All stock. I could take it off or move it up higher, but staying true to the real Bomber Fab car, It looks the best where its at I think.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:59 PM   #27
RCC Addict

New beadlocks for the F Bomb. TFR Carbon face SLW compatable beadlocks. Saved quite a bit of rotating weight over my last set of beadlocks.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:14 AM   #28
RCC Addict

Quick update.

Since the last post, I have removed the VP axles and gone back to plastic housings in order to be legal for Axial Ultra class, which is basically a spec class of sorts.

I've installed a Castle Mamba X Sensored 3800kv system in it for some added get up and go. Geared 60/10 with the Wraith trans, it still has a respectable low end crawling prowess (but nothing like my wraiths 2300 Roc412). Running 2200 3s packs.

I had been running the R35 KR2s for a year now and wanted to try something new, so picked up some 2.2 KLR Golds. Running CI DW foams
Old 07-05-2018, 08:34 AM   #29
RCC Addict

Well...it has only changed a little bit in a year
60+ miles so far this year, one new motor, modded battery tray, no more purple vinyl and headlights and rear race light bar. At some point I started using a UC Fab sway bar too.

Stock Bomber on right and mine on the left (belly dragger)

gottorque's F-Bomb - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
gottorque's Underground Creeper gottorque Venom Creeper 72 09-05-2014 02:33 PM
gottorque's baXJa gottorque 1.9 Scale Rigs 7 07-08-2014 04:52 PM
gottorque's MAAAAD wraith gottorque Axial Wraith 13 12-10-2012 09:06 PM
gottorque's Project VelociRaptor gottorque 1.9 Scale Rigs 10 09-04-2011 01:55 AM
gottorque's finally done build gottorque Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 6 06-16-2010 04:12 PM