Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Look what i got!! Bens build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2017, 10:39 AM   #41

Default Re: Look what i got!! Bens build

I noticed my kit was missing some of the plastic ball ends so I had to use some spares from an old wraith

Last edited by brapskidoo; 10-09-2017 at 03:21 PM.
brapskidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2017, 03:24 PM   #42

Can someone help me out with shock setup? Im really having trouble finding constant info. I hear people going to a U4 setup thats super low with short course shocks and super thin wt oil. Id like to keep my stock shocks and set it up fairly low but not flimsy. The buggy right now is sitting WAY too high
Old 10-09-2017, 09:00 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brapskidoo View Post
Can someone help me out with shock setup? Im really having trouble finding constant info. I hear people going to a U4 setup thats super low with short course shocks and super thin wt oil. Id like to keep my stock shocks and set it up fairly low but not flimsy. The buggy right now is sitting WAY too high
There is no constant info, everyone like something different & it depends entirely on your terrain & use.
Don't look at ride height till you've got all the electrics & a battery in.
Axial has softer option springs that will sit it lower but you can also wind the spring adjuster up.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:44 PM   #44

I will be using an sanwa airtronics m12 gold in the bomber. This is by far my favortie radio Ive ever owned

I took this combo out of my associated b6 buggy. its an lrp spin esc and team orion vts2 17.5 motor. I geared it with an 11 tooth pinion on 2s and it did hardly anything and for some reason it was like the motor was skipping/cogging. Ive never seen this before it was not to good. I was really disappointed with the placement of the esc and battery. It was extremely frustrating to get in and setup. Any thoughts on why my motor was skipping? Sensor harness was plugged in.

Old 10-12-2017, 02:45 PM   #45

Could my timing be too high??
Old 10-12-2017, 03:38 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Got a video?
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:52 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
Got a video?
No i don't sorry. It seems fine at wide open. But it seems like there's no power, it's going really slow and it's like a magnet is broken or something. Gearing maby??
Old 10-13-2017, 02:14 PM   #48

anyone??
Old 10-13-2017, 05:59 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Sorry, I dont know much about motors.

Maybe try to get in touch with John Holmes on these forums?

Or ask in the motor section

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:38 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Quote:
Does anybody have any tips on a window mesh?
Rubberized window screen. The stuff is the perfect scale looking and acting material. As for your shocks, I'll take a stab at that. U4 setup with short shocks and thin oil, piston hole size dictates the workings of that. Yes, lower to the ground at the expense of lost wheel travel, using the tires to try to overcome it. Thin oil allows the shocks to work faster with the standard pistons. So now you have to run soft springs because the oil doesn't dampen the shock, otherwise leaving you with a pogo stick. That is fine and dandy up to medium speeds, then you can out-drive your suspension, and you don't realize it either. Video is a wonderful tuning tool, slooooooowww motion. If someone actually made a good dual spring setup that would solve many of the world's problems. The Savage big bores I'm going to run are an excellent solution, but are a mile long so no good for the regular Bomber. I'm not a crawler yet, but I will wager that a lot of sag will be your friend in most every application, and I will attempt to prove that theory on my build when done. Replicate 1:1, that we know works. Or, throw some 1.9s on it if you have them and re-gear. 3/8" lost axle clearance vs roll overs. Pick your battle. Drops the cg while keeping the stock shocks.
MAC FAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 01:51 PM   #51
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I will be using an sanwa airtronics m12 gold in the bomber. This is by far my favortie radio Ive ever owned

I took this combo out of my associated b6 buggy. its an lrp spin esc and team orion vts2 17.5 motor. I geared it with an 11 tooth pinion on 2s and it did hardly anything and for some reason it was like the motor was skipping/cogging. Ive never seen this before it was not to good. I was really disappointed with the placement of the esc and battery. It was extremely frustrating to get in and setup. Any thoughts on why my motor was skipping? Sensor harness was plugged in.

Jus t a thought, I've been doing this for a while but am by far no electronics expert, maybe that esc and/or motor is not up to pushing around a 7 or 8 pound beast like the bomber? The b6 has to be 1/2 the weight or less. I would research those items to find out the limits and go from there. Make sure All connections are strong. Are you positive that the battery had a good charge and is in good working condition? Sometimes a heavy vehicle combined with borderline week electronics will over tax a battery and cause stuttering.

If connections are good and battery is good I'd bet my $ on that savox servo causing issues. They draw a lot of power and cause "Brown outs". I have dealt with this in my tekno sct when I first got it. Unplug the servo to see if there is any change in performance. If so the easy fix is a castle external bec. Look them up. The 10 amp is plenty, it's like $20 but you will want the program card so you can set the voltage, another $20 I think. This will separate the servo from the rest of the system and allow plenty of power to the rest of your electronics. In most situations it will help things run cooler because you are not putting all that draw on the internal bec of the esc. I hope this makes since and helps. It was very frustrating for me as I'm sure it is for you but if its the servo this is the fix. Good luck man.

Last edited by Mikeinsocal; 10-14-2017 at 02:05 PM. Reason: More info
Mikeinsocal is offline   Reply With Quote

Look what i got!! Bens build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 12:42 AM
Bens Fj 40 build aircooled67 Axial SCX-10 29 03-31-2010 04:02 AM
Climbin and crawlin @ bens nd4spdbh Videos! 4 07-14-2005 09:26 PM