Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Greatscott's RR10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2018, 07:36 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: Greatscott's RR10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antsiranean View Post
Where do those silicone bushings go? A pic would be appreciated. I am about to build a Bomber and have o lycka a few more bits and bobs to get. Not counting the kit itself.
They go in the shock cap instead of the plastic ball.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2018, 11:05 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antsiranean View Post
Where do those silicone bushings go? A pic would be appreciated. I am about to build a Bomber and have o lycka a few more bits and bobs to get. Not counting the kit itself.
The top of the shocks ride on uncaptured ball ends, which are VERY annoying to deal with when mounting the shocks on to the chassis. It is a chintzy mount for a pretty good shock. The bushings solve that problem...

RR10 by GreatScott, on Flickr

RR10 by GreatScott, on Flickr
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:10 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Thanks! Added to the wishlist. Odd that you have to buy them as an upgrade, considering how cheap they are.
Antsiranean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:21 AM   #44
RCC Addict

They also come stock on the wraith...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:42 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Just upgraded to aluminum panels. They are Integy, but they were a good price and fit well.

Untitled by Scott O, on Flickr

For some reason the paint did not adhere to the panels that came in the kit, I obviously screwed something up, just don't know what. I have painted up my fair share of laxan bodies, did all of the normal stuff, I have never had a paint job flake up like this before.

The big spot on the left is where the paint of off of the laxan showing a big air bubble between the paint and plasatic.

Every place that is a lighter grey is where the paint is off of the lexan.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:24 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

So, I have come to realize that running full-size 3S packs in this thing sucks (4300mha). The run time is great, but getting them in and out is a pain. So, I was thinking of running 3S 2000mha (ish) packs. Granted these packs are not all that expenisive, but before I buy a few of them I wanted to know if anyone else ran packs like this, and about how much run time to expect (Mamba X with a 1900kv sensored motor).
Old 08-25-2018, 05:07 PM   #47
RCC Addict

I've been running Floureon 2800 3s packs in mine. They fit very easily, even more important since I just changed to a balance plug powered servo. Combo trail/crawling I've been getting right at 2:45 - 3:00 hours run time.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 09:33 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

I am having a bit of annoyance with this rig. The drag brake sucks, really sucks!

I am running a Mamba-X with an 1800kv motor on 3S. This combo on both my TRX4 and TRX6 are wonderful, there is a little bit of slippage on the steepest of grades, but that is it. In the Bomber, there is some resistance, but even on small inclines it rolls. I have gone through and checked all of my settings, everything is as it should be. I know the portals help the TRXs a bit, but the Bomber is miles away from either of these rigs.

Any suggestions?
Old 07-19-2020, 11:23 AM   #49
RCC Addict

You could always gear it lower to increase the motors advantage over the wheels (and therefore, holding power) if you're willing to give up some on the top end. If you don't want to lose top end speed, switching to a higher kv motor and gearing down is an even better option with really no negative trade offs (except having to buy another motor!) I don't know if increasing voltage (as in: running 4s) would also increase it's holding power, but it would certainly allow you to run lower gearing without losing top speed. With that low of a kv, I wouldn't even flinch at feeding it 4s, or even 6s for that matter, you've already got multiple small 3s batteries that could be run in series to experiment with this. Other than that, weight loss would be where I'd look next.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Greatscott's RR10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Greatscott's Rubicon Build Greatscott Axial SCX-10 24 05-10-2021 08:09 PM
GreatScott's TF2 Reboot Greatscott RC4WD Trail Finder 2 74 07-30-2018 05:55 AM
Greatscott's TRX4 Greatscott Traxxas TRX-4 17 07-14-2018 11:20 PM
Greatscott's M2 XR-10 Greatscott Axial XR10 94 01-27-2015 11:55 AM
Greatscott's SWX (Finished at last!!!) Greatscott Axial AX-10 Scorpion 7 03-08-2010 11:02 PM