Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Axial Bomber Will not roll Freely

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2020, 10:36 PM   #21

Default Re: Axial Bomber Will not roll Freely

Thanks voodoo.

I have had that apart a couple of times, but will take another look. AX31067- if I remember, isn’t that slightly “coned”? Coned side goes toward the trans housing?
Cocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2020, 05:59 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

CoCamper - Voodoobrew has a good point. Possible input shaft assembly issue?

Maybe check to ensure the motor mount plate and the inner spur gear cover are seated properly to each other and together to the trans housing.

Also, check the slipper plate, AX31067, where it stops at the end of the flat on the trans input shaft and the end of the flat on shaft as well. It may be that one or the other is damaged by tightening it down all the way and now the slipper plate is contacting the inner spur gear cover. I'm surprised there is no spacer between the trans bearing and the slipper plate to ensure a fixed location of the slipper plate. Although, being that the bearing is retained by an e-clip, the e-clip would probably be destroyed if there was too much pressure applied when tightening down the slipper tension nut. Can't win I guess.

Just thought of something else as I re-read this. Check the bearing is fully seated in the trans housing. The e-clip would prevent the shaft from sticking out as far as it should if the bearing isn't fully seated.
nightcrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 06:29 PM   #23

Thanks nightcrawler, I appreciate your insight. I am going to take it apart tonight to investigate.

I’ll post back in here with what I find.
Old 02-21-2020, 09:19 AM   #24

Thanks again for your input guys!

I'm not too ashamed to admit I'm still a newb, but I'm learning as I go!

I had recently installed the Vanquish motor plate/cam in anticipation of upgrading my motor. It was after I got it all put back together that something did not feel right, but I was having a tough time pinpointing what didn't feel right. I had taken it apart twice looking for something, anything, that looked out of place but nothing had jumped out. Last night I took it all apart again, this time looking specifically at the areas voodoo and nightcrawler pointed out. Sure enough, I could see rubbing on the trans housing that I had not seen before. Looked closer, and I found the motor plate was not 100% seated on the little stubs it mounts to by maybe 1-2 mm (the screws were all tight). Took it off, inspected it and compared it to the stock plate. All looked good, so I put it back on and this time made sure it was fully seated by giving it a little tap with my rubber mallet. Put it all back together, cranked my slipper clutch all the way down and then backed off a full turn, and everything moves as it should!

Thanks again for taking the time to point out areas to look at and inspect. Maybe somebody else will run into this issue and find this thread.
Old 02-21-2020, 09:48 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Very nice of you to come back, update and state what was found. To many times folks get answers or solve a problem using information shared. Then go off into the night never to be heard from again.

Folks here willingly share good knowledge, ideas, gained form experience to help others along.

It needs to be recognized and thanked, as you have....

Well done

pep
JacktheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:56 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacktheRipper View Post
Very nice of you to come back, update and state what was found. To many times folks get answers or solve a problem using information shared. Then go off into the night never to be heard from again.

Folks here willingly share good knowledge, ideas, gained form experience to help others along.

It needs to be recognized and thanked, as you have....

Well done

pep
Thanks!

I have been around forums for a long time, and I personally hate to see them dying a slow death! I have seen the "ask for help and disappear" posts many times, and I try to not do that as I know someone down the road will be searching for the same thing I was. As you can see, I don't post much, but I do a lot of searching and reading. Heck, I bet I read 30 different threads looking for as much information on this issue as I could.

Of course now I am reading a bazillion different threads on which Puller Pro I should get! I think I'm about to hit the "buy" button on a PP V2 Rock Crawler standard 3500kv, until I read something else!

Axial Bomber Will not roll Freely - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bomber loves to roll ddewey78 Axial RR10 Bomber 7 01-21-2016 07:07 AM
New Yeti kit will not roll freely. braveheart3 Newbie General 4 10-27-2015 03:17 AM
One wheel spins freely natskiboy Axial SCX-10 9 05-13-2012 08:56 AM
should these axles be spinning freely? (freewheeling) 53 willys Axial XR10 14 10-31-2010 08:47 AM