Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: my honcho

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 02:46 AM   #241
Quarry Creeper

Totaly agree with the las 2 post if you don'like what some one is building why comment in it and just move on like "mom always say if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all"
9700trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2011, 02:25 AM   #242
Quarry Creeper

God your right man I had a terrible day at work that day and should have never posted negatively, I'm sorry indeed man it looks fine. Could prpobably out crawl mine anyday. My apologies
EEM-CrawlinMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:42 AM   #243
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEM-CrawlinMachine View Post
God your right man I had a terrible day at work that day and should have never posted negatively, I'm sorry indeed man it looks fine. Could prpobably out crawl mine anyday. My apologies
dont worry about man.. people need to vent..haha, the good thing is everything is paid for..
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:16 PM   #244
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEM-CrawlinMachine View Post
Glad to see that some people own up to mistakes that they make.
By the way ax10wannabe sorry bout the weekend 2 week old baby at 5am was in the hospital today so didn't end up going crawling maybe next weekend
Old 08-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #245
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9700trevor View Post
Glad to see that some people own up to mistakes that they make.
By the way ax10wannabe sorry bout the weekend 2 week old baby at 5am was in the hospital today so didn't end up going crawling maybe next weekend
thats alright.. i was busy anyway.. im racing this weekend in grindrod and my cousin and his dad are here for the week.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:23 PM   #246
Rock Crawler

thats who bought the other winch from lester! looking good, I bought the first one, love it! works great on 8.4v but will get too warm after running for longer than 5 minutes. and i have the button in the interior till i buy a 4 channel transmitter!
Spiike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:27 PM   #247
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiike View Post
thats who bought the other winch from lester! looking good, I bought the first one, love it! works great on 8.4v but will get too warm after running for longer than 5 minutes. and i have the button in the interior till i buy a 4 channel transmitter!
I got the same winch got a 2 pack for the price of one off ebay and we split the deal but we do buy alot of stuff from lester's love the fact that if you see it on tower hobbies that is the price you pay by the way spiike where in the Ok valley are you living and what else do you have for rc's
Old 08-04-2011, 12:16 AM   #248
RCC Addict

well clean up the bumper and got some paint tossed on it. will get some pics later.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #249
RCC Addict

sorry guys had some family here still from the bbq, they are gone now so i should be around more often.... here's my bumper, was looking at it and saw that i missed a few spots painting it so going to throw another coat on. but i did get some pics to show how it looks on the truck.

winch is not bolted down yet.

what do you think??
Old 08-08-2011, 02:10 PM   #250
RCC Addict

i should mention that i just tea kettled it into the river the other day...

there was a bunch of heading to the river behind our house and i thought i'd take the rig along and was playing on a little area with a 1 foot ledge that runs along the river, im running 2 batteries up front and of course the ass end proceded to pass the front and it landed upside down part way in the river... scared the crap out of me so i told myself that was enough and parked it..
Old 08-09-2011, 01:41 PM   #251
RCC Addict

sprayed another coat on the bumper yesterday so i will get the winch mounted up today.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:15 PM   #252
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX10wannabe View Post
sprayed another coat on the bumper yesterday so i will get the winch mounted up today.
did you get the electronics figured out for the winch yet so they work with the transmitter
Old 08-09-2011, 10:42 PM   #253
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9700trevor View Post
did you get the electronics figured out for the winch yet so they work with the transmitter
havent tried yet. but will soon

EDIT: i just did it, filed down the little tab and jammed it into the receiver.

Last edited by AX10wannabe; 08-09-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #254
Quarry Creeper

hey do you have any detailed photos of how your servo is mounted to the chassis? was it a DIY thing or a kit? I just looked all through this thread and couldn't find a single pic with the servo mounts in it, lol

I just mounted mine last night with my own DIY method, but I haven't tested it yet (waiting on rod ends to make links), so I'm just peeking around for other options in case my first trial fails when I link it up
iamsuperbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:48 PM   #255
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder View Post
hey do you have any detailed photos of how your servo is mounted to the chassis? was it a DIY thing or a kit? I just looked all through this thread and couldn't find a single pic with the servo mounts in it, lol

I just mounted mine last night with my own DIY method, but I haven't tested it yet (waiting on rod ends to make links), so I'm just peeking around for other options in case my first trial fails when I link it up
my servo is in the stock location on the rtr honcho.. havent moved it. i did put a aluminum servo horn on it though.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:09 PM   #256
Quarry Creeper

wow okay, lol, nevermind then

for some reason that looked like it was chassis-mounted in some of those photos to me

sorry
Old 08-09-2011, 11:37 PM   #257
RCC Addict

Quote:
wow okay, lol, nevermind then

for some reason that looked like it was chassis-mounted in some of those photos to me

sorry
thats ok.. lol.. i hooked the winch into the receiver so i took some pics when i had it apart for ya. im running an hs645mg servo.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:50 PM   #258
RCC Addict

here's my stock setup.

update:

been thinking of doing an interior for my honcho body. i have a new bright jeep body laying around with some seats and a dash, was gonna save them for a another build but decided to use them.

^^ there's a dash, 2 buckets and a bench seat... i got bored and painted the inside of the bucket seats green. been looking around a lot on floor pans and stuff.. crappy part is that i dont have much plastic around and im broke so cant buy any.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:00 AM   #259
Quarry Creeper

gonna put a Jeep interior in a Toyota body? I dunno about that...
Old 08-10-2011, 12:13 AM   #260
RCC Addict

Quote:
gonna put a Jeep interior in a Toyota body? I dunno about that...
yup.. im thinking about it