Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: my honcho

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #501
RCC Addict

called the LHS and ordered an ax10 comp crawler.... so the honcho will be a tow rig like i said before. i will be swaping all the electronics from the honcho to the ax10 so i can have a drag brake the electronics from the comp crawler will be put into the honcho which should be the new 2.4ghz anyways.. im happy with that as long i can still run my winch with the radio.

also been debating taking the chains off, looks like i might be doing some crawling this weekend (friend is going to pick up his new body for his ax10, so i might as well get some crawling in too) so guess i'll pull them off..... i will get some CA glue for my tsl's when i grab my comp crawler so i can run them again... i kinda miss them actually..
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2011, 05:43 PM   #502
RCC Addict

well got my bumper finally bolted on. its mounted inside the frame rails when the plow is not on the rig, but when i go to mount the plow i'll have to mount the bumper on top of frame rails... gonna crawl with the bumper on this weekend and see how it does.. i will get some pics posted up in a few minutes.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:15 PM   #503
RCC Addict

haha whoops guess it was more than a few mins... lol.. apparently i left the camera outside in the unheated shop and brought it in and tried to take some pics.. lense was all foggy so i thought i should let it thaw out.. here's some newly mounted bumper pics. will be running this bumper this weekend to see how much it gets hung up on stuff.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #504
RCC Addict

did some crawling yesterday got a couple pics. will post later. as i was putting the rig into the 1:1 to meet a friend the front end folded under the rig.. damn.. hmmm.. upon further inspection found out that the swivelly ball thing on the front y-link fell out, pulled the ball right through the mount on the axle.. got a new axle mount and a metal ball swapped out. got a DNF the 1st run because got through gate 6 and the ball popped out again.. damn.... off to the workbench again... tore it apart got it fixed up... again.. the redneck side of me kicked in and added a zip-tie through y-link and around post to mount servo plate. finally got it back together and ended up with 54 points which is good for me and i've been pretty consistent so thats good. oh and tried to run with the bumper.. think i need to narrow it a bit and a skid plate from bumper to mount so it doesnt get caught on rocks as much.

hopefully my new rig shows up this weekend so i'll be running that and will start a new thread.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #505
Quarry Creeper

I used a longer screw and an unused shock piston to keep my wife's 3link mount from pulling through.
SC Convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:21 PM   #506
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Convert View Post
I used a longer screw and an unused shock piston to keep my wife's 3link mount from pulling through.
i put a washer on screw, put screw through ball added another washer and screwed it into y-link and it seems to be holding up now... outside washer should stop it pulling through.... i'll run it like this and see how it goes..
Old 12-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #507
Quarry Creeper

Could always just 4 link it and be done.
SC Convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:49 PM   #508
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Convert View Post
Could always just 4 link it and be done.
i could and i've thought about it lots but not sure if i want to. think i light just keep it 3 link and if it becomes a problem then i'll upgrade to an aluminum 3 link.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:39 PM   #509
RCC Addict

got some CA glue so im gonna add a little to help hold the bead on my TSL's..
Old 12-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #510
RCC Addict

got my inner fenderwells trimmed a couple nights ago.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:23 AM   #511
RCC Addict

got my swampers glued up. i think right now not gonna put weights in the wheels with the tsl's being as soft as they are they grip really well already..

was talking to a couple friends i crawl with and im gonna host a little get together next year probably april or may and crawl in the creek that i was in a couple months ago.. there's no snow still so cant get any snow pics.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #512
RCC Addict

forgot to add some pics here last night. i did test out a new section of my course last night.. added some "stairs" to the big rock and wanted to try it with the honcho and see if it was do-able.. did already here's some pics.
here's what i wrote in my course thread > so tried crawling the big rock.. honcho did already had to add a couple small rocks here and there to fill in some gaps..drop off ledge is kinda fun, land it just right and the rig will sit there on its nose but hit it too fast and your going over on your lid. here's a couple pics.

i tossed my TSL's on today too..
Old 12-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #513
Quarry Creeper

hey here is the link where I got some idea's for my ax10 there are pics on the skid plate mod we were talking about today by the way post some of the pics from today wanna see

http://www.rccrawler.com/axialcompbuild.html
9700trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #514
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9700trevor View Post
hey here is the link where I got some idea's for my ax10 there are pics on the skid plate mod we were talking about today by the way post some of the pics from today wanna see

RCCrawler.com- Your #1 source for Radio Controlled Rockcrawling!
i got like 42 pics today so i will post them in the scale video's section.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #515
RCC Addict

Default Re: my honcho

it snowed a bit last night so i'll hook up the winch and plow test it out and get some pics.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:17 AM   #516
Quarry Creeper

hey got a 4 link plate if you want it is just sitting there doing nothing I can even shape it for ya like mine
9700trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:35 AM   #517
RCC Addict

sounds good.

i did some snowplowing today.. it works pretty good, snow was kinda wet though..just ran a second battery had no problems.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #518
RCC Addict

tried a different mounting position for the bumper and plow but it didnt work so had to go back to the crappy way.. went out to the deck and finally broke the winch hook.. looks like i'll have to find one or make one.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:53 PM   #519
RCC Addict

havent done nothing with the honcho lately because im getting my new ax10 "up to speed" with some upgrades..but i did get one of them bernzomatic little oxy torches so new bumpers and a cage might be in the works soon.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:39 PM   #520
RCC Addict

well im going crawling at a friends house tomorrow night for new years and im taking both rigs. last time i ran the honcho the bumper got in the way quite a bit so i decided to give it a little trim.. i cut the "wings" off and added a skidplate.

here are some pics. gonna run it like this and see how it does i can always add to it if i have to. havent painted it yet because i wanna make sure its going to work first, if it does then i'll paint it.what do you think??