Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Rcpilotjr's Dingo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Rcpilotjr's Dingo

I think I know that R1 in the background.
greengoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

So a few weeks ago I did toast the XL5... Short between cooling fins and motor I believe. Check first page for my updated set up!
rcpilotjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #23
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Good thinking on the wiring! I've been hesitant on lights in the lexan bodies because it's a PITA when it comes time to take the body off. In the future I'll keep your idea in mind.

Looks great with the bead locks. It SHOULD have come with them from the factory (Axial you suck) glad to see you're having so much fun with it. I love to drive my Dingo.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post
Good thinking on the wiring! I've been hesitant on lights in the lexan bodies because it's a PITA when it comes time to take the body off. In the future I'll keep your idea in mind.

Looks great with the bead locks. It SHOULD have come with them from the factory (Axial you suck) glad to see you're having so much fun with it. I love to drive my Dingo.
Thanks, Jus! It would be nice if BL came from the factory but the way this thing drives makes up for it. LOL! I will probably be getting ANOTHER Dingo but may go with a different build concept on the same chassis.... (Hint hint-new thread in a few weeks )
Old 06-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Old 06-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Old 06-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Lookin good bro, I like the red a lot more.
Trentenowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Thanks Trentenowns, I do agree. The red looks SO much better. That's the first thing people say when they see old vs new pictures.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Did you just buy a new body or remove the paint, paint the outside of it? I already have a honcho..this is making me want a dingo:p It looks like you have so pretty good spots to wheel also! Great build! :thumbsup:
Trentenowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #30
Pebble Pounder

I did wind up getting a new body and painting it. I believe it is Tamiya Red or Pactra's Red backed with Pactra Silver. I used to wish that the kit was still the Honcho but this thing grew on me QUICK. Me and a few buddies wheel at Flat Rock Park in Columbus Ga. In the ~7 months I've had this truck we still haven't explored it all. Lol Thanks for kind words, really appreciate it!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Looks great!! You do need a driver in the seat though. I want to get an interior for my Honcho and put George Bush in the drivers seat
JetBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #32
Pebble Pounder

Time for another update. My previous motor, Team Orion 27T, started making the "Screech Of Death". I tried new brushes, commutator cleaning, and new bushings to no avail. I'm now running a Trinity P2K2 Pro 27T. I'm beginning to stay away from water a lot more and most of the stuff I go through barely submerges the bottom of the tire. So my question to anyone who reads this, how would a Novak Edge ESC and Novak Ballistic 25.5 or 17.5 motor combo run in this rig? Finally, I'm rebuilding the shocks on the truck and it's kinda funny looking without them. Slammed SCX10 anyone???? LOL

Old 06-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Well the Dingo has some changes coming. Proline '56 Ford F-100 body will be painted up and put on, custom links will be made, and a Novak 17.5T brushless will all be on the way here in a few days. Credit for making me want the '56 F-100 goes to my buddy, greengoblin. Check out his build thread for some pictures of how that body looks on an SCX10. Dingo gets a new home and new life. A.K.A. project old school
Old 07-02-2013, 07:06 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Intresting wiring for sure, might be adapting that to my rig. Was hesitant as well on putting lights in the body. Was going to do the servo extention cable, but this will work as well
Richterat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #35
Pebble Pounder

Well guys, here is a round of pictures. The Green/Black '56 Ford Pickup is Dingo gets a new home and new life. A.K.A. project old school. The Copper Honcho is Project taco.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

Well my LHS had two pair of Rock Crusher X/T tires that were special ordered but not picked up. I went ahead and bought them. Just from the thirty minutes of testing I've done, I believe these tires are better on the rocks than Axial's Ripsaws. As a test I stopped the truck on a slope that would have had the Ripsaws slipping as I put the power back to it and the Rock Crushers did not slip once. These are now one of the few non-Axial parts on the truck. Not counting electronics, the only other non-Axial parts are the Robinson Racing spur gear, the 11t Robinson Racing pinion gear, and beadlock rings from MTHead.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:41 AM   #37
Rock Stacker

Those tires look really good! Looks like you have some good places to crawl!
Stangman92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

I have the same tires. I'm curious to hear your verdict on them, myself I'm not too sold on them. They a bit hard for my liking, and the load up quite quickly in the mud. They look super cool though. So let me know what you think of them.
Louisbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:57 PM   #39
Pebble Pounder

Stangman, thanks for the kind words. We crawl/scale/trail at Flat Rock Park in Columbus, GA. It's got a great mix of everything.
Louisbaby, after today, I believe the tires work just a little better than Ripsaws on the rocks. However, the tires do not deform/flex much around obstacles which hurts performance everywhere else. I have also noticed they cake up with mud. I'm putting the stock Axial foams in and will report back if there has been an improvement in overall performance.
Also, I'll be starting on a CMS setup this evening. Now for some pictures from todays run with greengoblin.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #40
Pebble Pounder

So the CMS is done! I used a stock aluminum link to make the steering linkage. Cut it down to ~70mm shaft length and tapped it with a "3MM-0.50" tap. So really the only parts I used not included with the kit were two 3mm flat head screws and two 3mm lock-nuts to hold the factory servo plate to the frame rail. I'd recommend no shorter than 15mm for the flat head screws. I used the front shock hoop hole and one of the holes for where the front brace was. See the pictures for a visual reference. Also, take the time to make sure your servo horn is straight forward or backward (depending on your trucks setup) when the wheels are straight, other wise you will run into clearance issues when turning and the suspension is articulating at the same time.

Last edited by rcpilotjr; 08-04-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Rcpilotjr's Dingo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my new dingo :) giviko Axial SCX-10 5 02-19-2012 11:21 AM
another dingo stanmondz Axial SCX-10 2 02-14-2012 05:52 AM
Dingo tr koch131 Axial SCX-10 0 03-20-2011 10:15 AM