Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Its the scx10....NO.....its another damn JeeP???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 07:26 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Its the scx10....NO.....its another damn JeeP???

I dont care what tires it comes with. Smartass!

And again, i wont buy another rig from axial until i see something different.
Doesnt mean i wont buy parts for my already x3 scx10's.

And i know i aint breakin anyones bank either. Lol
SwampDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2014, 09:34 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
Proline, hint hint....
Yep, thats what my I replaced my 2012 Jeep Rubicon body with. Its the reincarnation of my 88 XJ I had to scrap when I replaced it with a 97.

I was really impressed with the factory SCX Jeep body, so I kept it new an an put it away.

I would be stoked to see a Axial XJ with interior such as the old pro-line kit which is no longer being sold. I would buy one in a heart beat, I wouldnt care if it was nothing more than the same thing I already had. Its a good platform.

John
johnfm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:49 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Sure, scx10's are great, and the "new" rig has some pretty cool lights and stuff, but I really hope this isn't the big release I keep reading about. Come on Axial, just go and build an IFS truck, you already have the parts for it...
micro racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:50 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Lights, Wheels, tires, paint i must say AT LEAST they changed out their servo to double ball bearing even if it is analog now.
autonomous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:32 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfm3 View Post
Yep, thats what my I replaced my 2012 Jeep Rubicon body with. Its the reincarnation of my 88 XJ I had to scrap when I replaced it with a 97.

I was really impressed with the factory SCX Jeep body, so I kept it new an an put it away.

I would be stoked to see a Axial XJ with interior such as the old pro-line kit which is no longer being sold. I would buy one in a heart beat, I wouldnt care if it was nothing more than the same thing I already had. Its a good platform.

John
Rpp has the interior I believe.

Edit: yep in Stock.

http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/pro333700.htm
Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:28 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by autonomous View Post
Lights, Wheels, tires, paint i must say AT LEAST they changed out their servo to double ball bearing even if it is analog now.
I am sure they have tested the compatibility of the Axial radio system with the analog servo but I was always under the impression that an analog servo on a digital radio system was a no go and could eventually lead to a blown servo.......

My programmable Futaba radios have the facility to cater for both analog and digital but it has to be programmed to send out a different pulse or signal.
mr lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:31 AM   #27
Pebble Pounder

The model T went the way of the dinosaur because technology and the competition (even back then) moved on. People would stop buying them to get something better. And THAT is why the scx10 still dominates the market. There is still NO other rig that balances scale, performance, parts availability, and aftermarket support like the scx10. I have to say it is stunning to me that no one like traxxas has seriously gone after this market, which has seen Axial raking in money hand over fist for YEARS now. The Telluride is obviously not a serious attempt to dethrone the scx10.
As far as I'm concerned, they can keep releasing the scx10 with new body styles. It sucked when you could only but a honcho or dingo body. Art least there is some variety now, although I admit the jeep card has perhaps been played to often. Bring out truly unique bodies for the scx10 and it's all good, IMO.
GraciousOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:45 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro racer View Post
Sure, scx10's are great, and the "new" rig has some pretty cool lights and stuff, but I really hope this isn't the big release I keep reading about. Come on Axial, just go and build an IFS truck, you already have the parts for it...

I don't know if you spend any time around 1:1 off road rigs, but even the Toyota guys cut out the IFS an weld in Full Axles. The toughest race in off road "The King of the Hammers" is still a mix of IFS in Full Axle. With a majority of the competitors running Full Axle. Mainly for strength. For as long as the industry is favoring full axles, Axial will do the same. In MY opinion, Axial is doing the right thing keeping with the basic suspension setup. Its tried an true. I also like how with the way they are setup now, adding rear steer is relitivly easy as they use the same axle tube front an rear. Just add c-hubs an knuckles.

What I would like to see is the SCX with a 2 speed tranny from the kit or RTR. I want better crawlability in 1st, an speed like a wraith in 2nd. The other thing they should do, dump the front upper links in favor of a true 3 link suspension with a pan-hard bar. An just delete the link that is at risk of interfering with the drive line.

*Flame On*

Old 03-26-2014, 09:06 AM   #29
RCC Addict

I'm not a big fan of when a company separates themselves from creativity and goes full retard on the sponsorship and licensing bit. It is all about money after all, and a lot of us do like Jeeps, but damn!!!! Really?!?!? Another jeep? Another
1:1 sponsorship? It's becoming generic. Time to release something that we can customize a little.
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:53 PM   #30

So is everyone upset about just the body? Or the SCX as a whole?
DynoXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:01 PM   #31
Rock Stacker

They probably make just as much money from licensing as they do from selling the darn RC Jeeps.
Jeepbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:32 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynoXG View Post
So is everyone upset about just the body? Or the SCX as a whole?
Im just upset because everyone else is
Kidding aside:
Speaking for myself. I think The body looks great, and the rig as a whole looks good, im a huge jeep guy, and this jeep body is awesome. I'm just not going to buy one. I also love the SCX platform. I'm just not a fan of all the poster boy stuff. I'm just one opinion though.

They could have just released the wheels, and the light bar as seperate items and called it good.

I'd like to see them flex their creative muscle. Mash it up a little.
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:38 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhugger View Post
Im just upset because everyone else is
Kidding aside:
Speaking for myself. I think The body looks great, and the rig as a whole looks good, im a huge jeep guy, and this jeep body is awesome. I'm just not going to buy one. I also love the SCX platform. I'm just not a fan of all the poster boy stuff. I'm just one opinion though.

They could have just released the wheels, and the light bar as seperate items and called it good.

I'd like to see them flex their creative muscle. Mash it up a little.
Did anyone else notice that Axial produced the G6 Wrangler after the 2012 rubi, an the public cried out how it was poorly made as compared to the 2012 Rubi in the details. Details like molded fender flares on the G6 vs the installable fender flares on the 2012 body. An it looks like the C/R body in my opinion looks like its the 2012 rubi body repainted with added lights.

John
Old 03-26-2014, 01:43 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Did anyone else notice that Axial produced the G6 Wrangler after the 2012 rubi, an the public cried out how it was poorly made as compared to the 2012 Rubi in the details. Details like molded fender flares on the G6 vs the installable fender flares on the 2012 body. An it looks like the C/R body in my opinion looks like its the 2012 rubi body repainted with added lights.

John
That's essentially all it is. Just a re-worked body scheme and some extra bits to make it a "new" model.
Lentsnh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:45 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh2012 View Post
That's essentially all it is. Just a re-worked body scheme and some extra bits to make it a "new" model.
An jeep guys like me will buy the body an save it in our collection with the rest of the body's we collected.

Mark me as someone who is at fault for supporting the stupidness of Axial's new build.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:58 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I don't know if you spend any time around 1:1 off road rigs, but even the Toyota guys cut out the IFS an weld in Full Axles. The toughest race in off road "The King of the Hammers" is still a mix of IFS in Full Axle. With a majority of the competitors running Full Axle. Mainly for strength. For as long as the industry is favoring full axles, Axial will do the same. In MY opinion, Axial is doing the right thing keeping with the basic suspension setup. Its tried an true. I also like how with the way they are setup now, adding rear steer is relitivly easy as they use the same axle tube front an rear. Just add c-hubs an knuckles.

What I would like to see is the SCX with a 2 speed tranny from the kit or RTR. I want better crawlability in 1st, an speed like a wraith in 2nd. The other thing they should do, dump the front upper links in favor of a true 3 link suspension with a pan-hard bar. An just delete the link that is at risk of interfering with the drive line.

*Flame On*

I don't know if you spend any time around 1:1 off road rigs, but IFS is the wave of the future for Ultra-4 and Rock Racing. KOH started out as rigs all running straight axles until Campbell decided to try an IFS trophy truck style front end to make up time in the desert sections. The straight axles still crawl better than the IFS rigs, but the IFS is able to make up the time difference easily in the desert sections. The IFS swallows the whoops and varied terrain at higher speeds and puts less stress on components due to the varied give from both sides of the vehicle. These guys are wanting Axial to make a rock racer, hence the IFS.
alpine4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:03 PM   #37
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4x4 View Post
I don't know if you spend any time around 1:1 off road rigs, but IFS is the wave of the future for Ultra-4 and Rock Racing. KOH started out as rigs all running straight axles until Campbell decided to try an IFS trophy truck style front end to make up time in the desert sections. The straight axles still crawl better than the IFS rigs, but the IFS is able to make up the time difference easily in the desert sections. The IFS swallows the whoops and varied terrain at higher speeds and puts less stress on components due to the varied give from both sides of the vehicle. These guys are wanting Axial to make a rock racer, hence the IFS.
IFS is only in professional racing, mainly in desert racing as you said about trophy trucks an desert racers. I spend quite abit of time in the 1:1 realm in the trails off camber trying to climb hills. Owning a few myself. Like I said, king of the hammers is a mix with a larger majority towards full axle.

Don't try to compare desert trucks to rock crawlers. IFS is great in the desert with high speeds an LCG. But can not handle the abuse of Rock Crawling like a D60 can. An the other factor being cost. That in itself will prevent it from going much further.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:09 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
IFS is only in professional racing, mainly in desert racing as you said about trophy trucks an desert racers. I spend quite abit of time in the 1:1 realm in the trails off camber trying to climb hills. Owning a few myself. Like I said, king of the hammers is a mix with a larger majority towards full axle.

Don't try to compare desert trucks to rock crawlers. IFS is great in the desert with high speeds an LCG. But can not handle the abuse of Rock Crawling like a D60 can. An the other factor being cost. That in itself will prevent it from going much further.
KOH started as all straight axles and is slowly shifting to a mix of IFS and straight because of the desert aspect, as is all of Ultra-4 which is ROCK RACING, not desert racing. The rock guys are putting IFS in their rock rigs so they can go faster through the rocks and sand. The IFS handles the abuse of rock crawling just fine, this isnt a stock Toyota 7.5" front end we're talking about. These are custom Currie centers with custom outer CV's designed for extreme travel and abuse on the rocks and desert. Things are changing now that rock racing is the big thing.

Don't take my word for it though. You should let Tom Wayes know IFS cant handle the rocks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar7iJbWbiRU
alpine4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:24 PM   #39
Rock Stacker

Can't say I'm surprised it's another Jeep. However I am overjoyed they released new tires and a different wheel. To be honest it's about damn time there is a licensed 1.9 BFG, I would have thought someone would have had one out 3 years ago. The upgraded servo probably won't matter much since: 1. the BEC is pretty weak on the stock ESC and most likely won't be able to make use of that extra torque 2. The stock steering link bends when your in enough of a bind to need that extra torque. 3. The fact is it still has a plastic servo horn that the splines will strip out on when you are finally able to make use of that extra torque. What I think is messed up is the $60 price increase over the Silver Jeep for a bunch of crap that doesn't improve functionality out of the box. A plastic light bar doesn't justify that increase since you can get a 6" VP Rigid for $60. Neither do tires since they are still just licensed plastic and rubber. The servo's also no reason for an increase since a high torque servo should have been on there originally.

Really, I'd be happy if Axial were to fix what has been wrong with the stock RTR since the OG Dingo. They need to: 1. Strengthen the stock steering link(thicker plastic or Metal) 2. Come with an external BEC so the servo isn't so weak. 3. thicker stock Links. 4. Shocks that don't leak.

...and if they were to revamp the SCX-10 into a truly new rig. I think what they should do(along with what was mentioned above) is: 1. Make the axles like an AR-60 with removable diff covers, and Wraith style knuckle and C's. 2. Stock CMS 3. Low profile trans like the Hot Racing using the guts from the current proven trans. 4. A deeper interior to go with that extra clearance gained from the LCG trans. Heck a deeper interior would be a huge improvement to the current JK. 5. Keep the chassis and all the durable components that we all have grown to love about the current SCX-10. 6. A NEW licensed body, I'm thinking a licensed 1st Gen 4-runner would be perfect. They are very popular in 1:1 form and there has never been a great scale version of one. I wouldn't care if it was a hardbody or a Very good lexan body with details like Tamiya bodies have. They could even do a removable hard top like the current JK. 7. I almost forgot to mention this, NEW SLIDERS.

In short.... I think the new rig is totally pointless other than the introduction of the new wheels and tires. I would be happy if they were to either fix the current SCX-10 or totally revamp it. Keep in mind if they do revamp it or make those improvements I don't want the price to increase any more(or at least more than $10). $420 for this "new" SCX is just plain stupid since your basically paying $120 more just for some different lexan and plastic(iirc the OG RTR prices were $330 for the honcho and $300 for the Dingo, and $220-$260 for a kit). Let me know what everyones thoughts are on what I've proposed Axial should do, I think it would be a good way to make the SCX-10 new again. They can always call the IFS/Solid axle rig something else since that really will be a new rig.

Ben

Last edited by 88RRC; 03-26-2014 at 02:26 PM.
88RRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:09 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

I converted my dingo to a jeep just before they released the first licensed scx10 jeep..

I really wish I went with ANYTHING ELSE now. Really ruins a good thing when the markets WAY over saturated with it.
Intashu is offline   Reply With Quote

Its the scx10....NO.....its another damn JeeP??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
scx10 converted to leaf springs.. why do these things break so damn easy?? m1009cucv Axial SCX-10 25 08-29-2018 09:00 AM
SCX10 Jeep Rubicon transforms into Camp a Girls Jeep CodesEmpire Axial SCX-10 32 05-23-2014 02:19 PM
SCX10 Based Jeep JK & Jeep Comanche FattyMcJ Scale Videos! 0 03-17-2013 03:59 PM
damn parts jeep b2bomber General Crawlers 5 07-03-2006 01:04 PM