Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Its the scx10....NO.....its another damn JeeP???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 10:55 AM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Its the scx10....NO.....its another damn JeeP???

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4x4 View Post
I build on Axial products and will continue to do so. It is the best out there, it's just getting stale. With no competition theres no reason to improve though.
I'm not exactly sure what there is to improve on. It works great the way it is. The only "Improvement" would be to start adding aluminum hop ups which would drive price up and tbh I don't want aluminum hop ups. I want to be able to choose which brand of hop ups I get.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2014, 11:38 AM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
I'm not exactly sure what there is to improve on. It works great the way it is. The only "Improvement" would be to start adding aluminum hop ups which would drive price up and tbh I don't want aluminum hop ups. I want to be able to choose which brand of hop ups I get.
If there wasnt room to improve there wouldnt be a ton of mods and aftermarket parts. I agree it's nice to be able to choose aluminum hop ups and wouldnt want Axial to build a bulletproof rig from the factory. Stock CMS, better steering, lower COG transmission, better electronics mounting, different bodies, better bumper and slider designs, 2-speed trans, theres always room to improve on the next platform. I will say the Axial is the best stock platform out there bar none.

I still think an Ultra-4 rock racer IFS buggy would be awesome, give the Twin Hammers some competition.
alpine4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:50 AM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Junk the axle housings and simply make a narrowed ar60. The junk housings housings are my number one complaint with scx's.

Last edited by WHITE-TRASH; 03-27-2014 at 12:03 PM.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:58 AM   #64
Scale Detail Engineering

bunch of whiny bitches!
You'll drive the Jeep and you'll like it!
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:02 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Junk the axle housings and simply make a narrowed ar60. The junk housingshousingsare my number one complaint with scx's.
A more scale housing thats less bulky would be nice. Narrowed scaled AR60's would be tits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
bunch of whiny bitches!
You'll drive the Jeep and you'll like it!
I'd sooner die than drive a heep
Old 03-27-2014, 02:22 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Junk the axle housings and simply make a narrowed ar60. The junk housings housings are my number one complaint with scx's.
I agree with this one

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2014, 04:07 PM   #67
RCC Addict

Why is it everyone keeps stating improve apon??

I ask for a nrw platform such as IFs or KOH in this thread.
SwampDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:10 PM   #68

how bout a unicycle with a jeep sticker on the seat!! did i say that outloud.
DORM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:10 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

I was wondering the same thing dawg...
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:28 PM   #70

Argh seriously?? I just saw this today.

First, I have to say it's a nice looking truck. I like it better than the first Rubicon RTR. If I was looking for my first SCX10 or a RTR scaler I'd buy it! The tires look better than the Trepadors and I like the led bar. But already owning a couple of Axial trucks, one being an SCX10 I'm not interested in buying one obviously. At this point I prefer kits and was hoping Axial came out with something all new. Like a comp crawler or anything different. But I understand the scale market is hot and out doing other markets so they are capitalizing on that. Axial basically owns the market besides a few other models out there so why not keep producing these ever so tried and true popular trucks.
gforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:30 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gforce View Post
Argh seriously?? I just saw this today.

First, I have to say it's a nice looking truck. I like it better than the first Rubicon RTR. If I was looking for my first SCX10 or a RTR scaler I'd buy it! The tires look better than the Trepadors and I like the led bar. But already owning a couple of Axial trucks, one being an SCX10 I'm not interested in buying one obviously. At this point I prefer kits and was hoping Axial came out with something all new. Like a comp crawler or anything different. But I understand the scale market is hot and out doing other markets so they are capitalizing on that. Axial basically owns the market besides a few other models out there so why not keep producing these ever so tried and true popular trucks.
You must be out of the loop.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:12 AM   #72
RCC Addict

Quote:
Valid argument. An IFS SCX10 style rig would be pretty hard to do unless you're and accomplished builder though. It's nice to see new different bodies to help with the variety of bodies available on the market. Whats custom about a Hilux nowadays? Not much, it's been done to death. Same with a Jeep. How about a 3rd gen hilux, or even a 2nd gen? How about someone makes a good Dodge Ram body again? A scout? A zuki? The accessories people want like a CMS are avilable in the aftermarket, but it never hurts to have more options.

I build on Axial products and will continue to do so. It is the best out there, it's just getting stale. With no competition theres no reason to improve though.
That is true, if you wanted IFS that's a lot more work and most won't have the tools or materials to give it a try. I'd bet you they are working on something over there at Axial that is different from the latest offerings.

BTW I wasn't directing any of my comment at you or anyone specifically, I still see lots of custom builds on here including your own.
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:37 AM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin View Post
That is true, if you wanted IFS that's a lot more work and most won't have the tools or materials to give it a try. I'd bet you they are working on something over there at Axial that is different from the latest offerings.

BTW I wasn't directing any of my comment at you or anyone specifically, I still see lots of custom builds on here including your own.
Don't feel like you offended me, no offense taken This is a discussion ripe with opinions, which not everyone will agree with.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:59 AM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
If there wasnt room to improve there wouldnt be a ton of mods and aftermarket parts. I agree it's nice to be able to choose aluminum hop ups and wouldnt want Axial to build a bulletproof rig from the factory. Stock CMS, better steering, lower COG transmission, better electronics mounting, different bodies, better bumper and slider designs, 2-speed trans, theres always room to improve on the next platform. I will say the Axial is the best stock platform out there bar none.

I still think an Ultra-4 rock racer IFS buggy would be awesome, give the Twin Hammers some competition.
Yes, an Axial version of Twin Hammers that is not a cheap replace everything pos would be nice.

Quote:
Yes and tighten up the sloppy tolerances in the transmission, shafts, gears and bearings fit are an embarassment sooo sloppy. Front stub shafts fit to bearings and knuckles is supah sloppy too.

Last edited by Natedog; 03-28-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:04 AM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampDawg View Post
Why is it everyone keeps stating improve apon??

I ask for a nrw platform such as IFs or KOH in this thread.
Improve upon current vehicles AND build us a good quality KOH type of rig with ifs front solid axle rear!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:50 AM   #76
Quarry Creeper

If Axial built a 1.9 rock racer to compete with the twin hammers, maybe we could get a 1.9 ultra-4 class going for scale comps
Old 03-28-2014, 10:51 AM   #77
I wanna be Dave

I cannot believe this thread is still going. If your not gonna buy it then move on.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:08 AM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I cannot believe this thread is still going. If your not gonna buy it then move on.
I like to bitch
Old 03-28-2014, 11:14 AM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I like to bitch
Yeah I can tell.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:15 AM   #80
Rock Crawler

I guess someone's got to do it...
micro racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Its the scx10....NO.....its another damn JeeP??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
scx10 converted to leaf springs.. why do these things break so damn easy?? m1009cucv Axial SCX-10 25 08-29-2018 09:00 AM
SCX10 Jeep Rubicon transforms into Camp a Girls Jeep CodesEmpire Axial SCX-10 32 05-23-2014 02:19 PM
SCX10 Based Jeep JK & Jeep Comanche FattyMcJ Scale Videos! 0 03-17-2013 03:59 PM
damn parts jeep b2bomber General Crawlers 5 07-03-2006 01:04 PM