Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Its the scx10....NO.....its another damn JeeP???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 03:14 PM   #41

Default Re: Its the scx10....NO.....its another damn JeeP???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intashu View Post
I converted my dingo to a jeep just before they released the first licensed scx10 jeep..

I really wish I went with ANYTHING ELSE now. Really ruins a good thing when the markets WAY over saturated with it.
Convert it back to a Dingo?
DynoXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2014, 03:54 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88RRC View Post
What I think is messed up is the $60 price increase over the Silver Jeep for a bunch of crap that doesn't improve functionality out of the box.
Quote:
The servo's also no reason for an increase since a high torque servo should have been on there originally.
Quote:
Really, I'd be happy if Axial were to fix what has been wrong with the stock RTR since the OG Dingo. They need to: 1. Strengthen the stock steering link(thicker plastic or Metal) 2. Come with an external BEC so the servo isn't so weak. 3. thicker stock Links. 4. Shocks that don't leak.
I agree with the above. I could see the price if they fixed all those issues along with the upgraded servo. There is no excuse for the plastic links at that price. The lights are neat, but I could do without them.

I pretty much agree with the rest you said. I personally hope they never quit making the SCX10 in it's current form. It is an excellent platform with no major flaws that only needs a couple upgrades to be perfect. I wish Axial would offer the SCX-10 at maybe 3 or 4 different levels in both kit and RTR form. At the low end, you could get a basic SCX10 with all plastic parts. They could offer a mid range model with metal links, entry level beadlocks, and some lights. At the high end, it would be all metal links, high end servo, aluminum beadlocks, water proofing, lights, and other bells and whistles.
GLHS592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:10 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4x4 View Post
Don't take my word for it though. You should let Tom Wayes know IFS cant handle the rocks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar7iJbWbiRU
It can handle the rocks but can he?
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:19 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
It can handle the rocks but can he?
I dont think the rocks can handle Tom Wayes and that stache. He man handled Backdoor. He was the unofficial winner of KOH, but got off course in the desert and ended up being penalized for it. Had he stayed on course he still would of won the race barring a massive breakdown. He absolutely hauled the mail Came in with a "flat"
alpine4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:44 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

I know this is a pissing match that's based on opinion much the same as the Chevy vs Ford vs Dodge debate that guys have had for since the start of the big 3. An I am fairly confident there is no changing your mind alpine. An my mind is not being changed owning 2 jeeps both with full axles. I am dropping this debate now as it totally off topic of what this thread is about. But I will leave you with a picture, which is said to be worth a 1000 words.

johnfm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:59 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Yay you grabbed a picture of a solid axle rig. Cookie? You obviously dont understand why people are asking for an IFS Ultra-4 car.

By the way PSC didnt even run that rig this year. They ran a new rig with a straight axle and DNF'd

First IFS rig in KOH and only one to race that year, I'll let to podium do the talking. This is why people want Axial to make an IFS Rock Racer

http://ultra4racing.com/press-releas...f-the-hammers/

Last edited by alpine4x4; 03-26-2014 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:48 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I dont think the rocks can handle Tom Wayes and that stache. He man handled Backdoor. He was the unofficial winner of KOH, but got off course in the desert and ended up being penalized for it. Had he stayed on course he still would of won the race barring a massive breakdown. He absolutely hauled the mail Came in with a "flat"
Yeah I know I was referring to him going of course. Lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2014, 08:39 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
He did finish strong, and it was cute that he finished with a flat (crowd pleaser for sure). But if you watched the whole race, even the announcers that didn't know what happened knew he missed a LOT of the race.
So I don't think it would be fair to say "Had he stayed on course he still would of won the race barring…" just my thought on THAT comment.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
fatroofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:34 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatroofus View Post
He did finish strong, and it was cute that he finished with a flat (crowd pleaser for sure). But if you watched the whole race, even the announcers that didn't know what happened knew he missed a LOT of the race.
So I don't think it would be fair to say "Had he stayed on course he still would of won the race barring…" just my thought on THAT comment.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
He had a large physical lead (in first place) as he went off course and finished 7th overall with the penalties. Highly probable he would have kept his lead and taken the win had he learned to read a compas It was exciting to watch live as well, definitely didnt get anything done at work
Old 03-26-2014, 09:54 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

It makes absolutely perfect sense to keep putting Jeep bodies on scx chassis. The scx is exactly the same as a Jeep once you start modifying it with bigger tires more power etc you are forced to replace everything but the body and frame so it's reliable.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:03 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
It makes absolutely perfect sense to keep putting Jeep bodies on scx chassis. The scx is exactly the same as a Jeep once you start modifying it with bigger tires more power etc you are forced to replace everything but the body and frame so it's reliable.
At least it's not a throw away frameless wonder like a Cherocar
Old 03-26-2014, 11:00 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
At least it's not a throw away frameless wonder. like a Cherocar
Get it right jr that's called a frameless wonderwagon around these parts.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:24 AM   #53
Quarry Creeper

The manual is now available! Well the exploded view and some setup instructions as they have done away with the full build instructions to possibly save on print and paper costs.

The description on the Web site shows 4 link front and rear.....marketing pics and exploded view show 3 link but parts listing shows 4 link!

also noticed that all trucks pre the 2012 jeep have the female part of the drive shaft facing down (on the axle side) which would obviously stop it from binding and eventually breaking....
Why did they then swap it around with all the new models? Are they wanting them to break so we buy more spare parts???

Last edited by mr lee; 03-27-2014 at 12:46 AM.
mr lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:19 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr lee View Post
The manual is now available! Well the exploded view and some setup instructions as they have done away with the full build instructions to possibly save on print and paper costs.

The description on the Web site shows 4 link front and rear.....marketing pics and exploded view show 3 link but parts listing shows 4 link!

also noticed that all trucks pre the 2012 jeep have the female part of the drive shaft facing down (on the axle side) which would obviously stop it from binding and eventually breaking....
Why did they then swap it around with all the new models? Are they wanting them to break so we buy more spare parts???
Honestly does it matter....just flip them around yourself. lol Also no need for new exploded view, its a very slight change.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:31 AM   #55
Quarry Creeper

No it doesn't really.....

would just save a newbie some time, money and headaches...
mr lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:32 AM   #56
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLHS592 View Post
I pretty much agree with the rest you said. I personally hope they never quit making the SCX10 in it's current form. It is an excellent platform with no major flaws that only needs a couple upgrades to be perfect. I wish Axial would offer the SCX-10 at maybe 3 or 4 different levels in both kit and RTR form. At the low end, you could get a basic SCX10 with all plastic parts. They could offer a mid range model with metal links, entry level beadlocks, and some lights. At the high end, it would be all metal links, high end servo, aluminum beadlocks, water proofing, lights, and other bells and whistles.
I'm by no means an accomplished "custom builder" but would love it if they offered an scx10 roller. Chassis, axles, links, transmission, drive shafts, and maybe shocks. Not their blingy aluminum ones since they're just going to leak anyway but the basic plastic ones just to make mocking up the wheelbase and ride height easier. Maybe a "pro" roller with upgraded c-hubs, knuckles, cvd's and alloy lockouts for the rear.

I really like the look of the new kit and wouldn't be against picking one up to have around as something I can lend to people on outings if it were a little closer to $300. People who aren't already into rc really seem to be impressed by the lights, and this kit's got plenty of lights. Ooh, shiny!
khj94704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:36 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro racer View Post
Sure, scx10's are great, and the "new" rig has some pretty cool lights and stuff, but I really hope this isn't the big release I keep reading about. Come on Axial, just go and build an IFS truck, you already have the parts for it...
I was expecting a G6 ready to run. Wondering if it's still coming. Axial never seems to respond to any comments on their Facebook or Twitter accounts. Not that I would expect them to reveal something to me, but would like to at least get a response like "something else will be coming along" or whatever.
43YrOldRCFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:21 AM   #58
RCC Addict

Axial really has spoiled us and a lot of you are complaining. The SCX is a great platform and very versatile. What happened to people building the rig they want? That's how it used to be, built not bought. I'm sure the dudes at Axial are working on something awesome, they always are. Just because it isn't here yet doesn't mean they aren't listening to you all.

Personally I could care less what bodies come on the kits and RTRs. This hobby has always been about customization, so if you're sick of the "norm" or a billion JKs, be different and build something.
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:31 AM   #59
Rock Crawler

Axial provides a great platform. All these are custom built Axial rigs including the 6x6 using an extended SCX10 chassis and running gear.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395934184.168515.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  49.8 KB

Kling-On RC
"The Original Spot to Let Your RC Hang"
www.klingonrc.com
www.shop.klingonrc.com
Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:48 AM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin View Post
Axial really has spoiled us and a lot of you are complaining. The SCX is a great platform and very versatile. What happened to people building the rig they want? That's how it used to be, built not bought. I'm sure the dudes at Axial are working on something awesome, they always are. Just because it isn't here yet doesn't mean they aren't listening to you all.

Personally I could care less what bodies come on the kits and RTRs. This hobby has always been about customization, so if you're sick of the "norm" or a billion JKs, be different and build something.
Valid argument. An IFS SCX10 style rig would be pretty hard to do unless you're and accomplished builder though. It's nice to see new different bodies to help with the variety of bodies available on the market. Whats custom about a Hilux nowadays? Not much, it's been done to death. Same with a Jeep. How about a 3rd gen hilux, or even a 2nd gen? How about someone makes a good Dodge Ram body again? A scout? A zuki? The accessories people want like a CMS are avilable in the aftermarket, but it never hurts to have more options.

I build on Axial products and will continue to do so. It is the best out there, it's just getting stale. With no competition theres no reason to improve though.

Its the scx10....NO.....its another damn JeeP??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
scx10 converted to leaf springs.. why do these things break so damn easy?? m1009cucv Axial SCX-10 25 08-29-2018 09:00 AM
SCX10 Jeep Rubicon transforms into Camp a Girls Jeep CodesEmpire Axial SCX-10 32 05-23-2014 02:19 PM
SCX10 Based Jeep JK & Jeep Comanche FattyMcJ Scale Videos! 0 03-17-2013 03:59 PM
damn parts jeep b2bomber General Crawlers 5 07-03-2006 01:04 PM