Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Brushless vs brushed scx opinons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2014, 11:17 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Brushless vs brushed scx opinons

So my current setup on my g6 is a HH crawlmaster pro 13t and I do enjoy it a lot. I was just wondering the opinions from you all who have brushless swapped your scx's if you felt if it was worth it or just a bit too much for the scx. I know the driver has a lot to do with the control and I have brushless wraith's, but I haven't got to experience it in a scx10 yet. So let me here your testimonials!!!!
JDIRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2014, 11:38 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Brushless vs brushed scx opinons

It really all depends on how you are going to use your SCX10 and how much you are willing to pay to upgrade the drive train in your SCX10. If you are doing mostly crawling, I would stay with the HH crawlmaster pro.

I have an SCX10 with a MMP/Rock 412 3100kv. It really goes with 3S. However, I ended completely replacing the transmission with bomb proof parts and the stock drive lines with MIPs.
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:48 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7zpj View Post
It really all depends on how you are going to use your SCX10 and how much you are willing to pay to upgrade the drive train in your SCX10. If you are doing mostly crawling, I would stay with the HH crawlmaster pro.

I have an SCX10 with a MMP/Rock 412 3100kv. It really goes with 3S. However, I ended completely replacing the transmission with bomb proof parts and the stock drive lines with MIPs.
I agree with everything 7zpj has stated. I have both a Brushed and Brushless SCX10 and in order to build a reliable brushless rig ,youre going to need to spend some money. A sensored setup and beefed up drivetain will be needed.

My brushed setup is very basic with MIP drivelines and Robinson gears. My brushless setup has a complete supershafty bomb proof transmission since I was going thru gears and drivelines.
ProjektONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:30 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

So basically the same as with a wraith. My go to brushless wraith has the super shafty bombproof setup as well. I didn't know if it was just too fast and too much harder to drive considering the skinnier will base smaller tires etc. Guess I will stick with the crawlmaster for a while. it does great and I don't feel like having another money pit rc lol. still trying to recover from the other day when I added up all I had in one wraith.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:39 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

If brushless motors were capable of creeping down hill I would use brushless in all my trucks. Until then I'll keep the brushless in my wraith and handwound brushed motors in everything else.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:40 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderwood View Post
If brushless motors were capable of creeping down hill I would use brushless in all my trucks. Until then I'll keep the brushless in my wraith and handwound brushed motors in everything else.
Yeah id say the same myself. Ive tuned and retuned and tuned some more on my mmp trying to aid my downhill descents in my brushless wraith's. Its manageable but still not as good as a brushed motor.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:56 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

I've had both setups. The brushed motor setup has a lot better low end control compared to the BL. Though, my BL system is also sensorless. A sensored system will yield better results. I destroyed my transmission on the second run with the BL system. Not sure how long I'll run this setup but the next will be a 45T/4S and BRXL in my short wheelbase rig. I went brushless because I go in water and mud, a lot. It started becoming costly to keep replacing brushed motors. The brushless motor excelled in the mud and water. It has a few drawbacks though. As far as cogging is concerned. I was geared 87/14 48P, with OD/UD. I haven't had any cogging. My Super Shafty trans will be geared 56/11 32P. I'm assuming the cogging will be almost undetectable. I'm running 3S too.Gear down and volt up!
OhioGuy82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Brushless vs brushed scx opinons - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brushed or brushless Paul1234 Axial SCX-10 10 02-03-2014 05:35 PM
Brushless/Brushed tbacon38 Newbie General 3 02-03-2013 12:24 PM
Brushed vs. Brushless goodvibessa Newbie General 3 01-25-2011 04:39 AM
Brushed .vs Brushless Shaun Electronics 14 08-17-2008 03:58 PM
Novak Releases "The Goat" brushed/brushless esc and sintered brushless motor Rockpiledriver Electronics 70 09-26-2007 05:59 PM