Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

View Poll Results: What combo is perfect for scale and slow crawling?
Tekin FX-R + 35T Combo 3 30.00%
Tekin FX-R + 45T Combo 0 0%
Holmes Hobbies ESC + 35T Torquemaster Expert/Pro 6 60.00%
Holmes Hobbies ESC + 45T Torquemaster Expert/Pro 0 0%
Tekin FX-R + 35T Pro Combo 0 0%
Tekin FX-R + 45T Pro Combo 0 0%
Novak Timbuk2 ESC + 18.5T Sensored Brushless 0 0%
Traxxas VXL3S + Novak 21.5T Sensored Brushless 0 0%
Different Combo 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: SCX10 Wrangler G6 wanna build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2014, 08:12 PM   #1

Default SCX10 Wrangler G6 wanna build

I'm looking to start into crawling. I really want to build a kit because I think it is the next big step in the hobby for me. I've done tons of research and I think I can do it. I know crawlers are expensive, so I have a budget of about $700-$750, that's tops. I don't like plastic gears in general, so the hardened gear set that is available for the tranny is on my list. I'm also going to purchase a stainless hardware kit for all the screws/bolts for everything. I really want a winch, so I've decided on going with the RC4WD wireless winch controller and the RC4WD Warn 9.5cti Winch. I have one question on the winch voltage though. It says I can run between 6v-11.1v, a fully charged 3S is 12.6v. Do they just mean 3S then? I figured I could just wire the wireless winch controller to the battery, but if it has to stay below 11.1v, I would need a Castle 10A BEC, right? I want to use this bumper: http://store.rc4wd.com/Tough-Armor-W...10_p_1083.html to mount the winch because I rather it be attached to the chassis by steel, not plastic.

So those are a couple of little extras that I wanted, since I'm spending $700. lol

For electronics, I have a FlySky Radio so I would just pick up a $8 receiver, no biggy. I plan to use a HiTec 5645MG servo and run everything off a Gens Ace Hardcase 11.1v 40C 5000mah battery. Here is where I run into a tough decision. (for me anyways) I can't decide which brushed combo to use. When it comes to this part of the build, I'm looking for high quality. The best I can find (without going sky hi prices) is the Tekin FX-R ESC and 35T crawler combo. Either the regular or the Pro version. I don't really know the differences, so that's another question. I want to go pretty slow but still be able to punch it out up to at least walking pace. I am close to completing a custom trailer to haul this thing around too. I want to be able to do some videos and precision crawling through tough trails.
DieHarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2014, 08:31 PM   #2

Default Re: SCX10 Wrangler G6 wanna build

On all the poll options I would run 3S for the brushed setups and 2S for sensored brushless.

I forgot to introduce myself.

Hi,
My name is Nate and I came here from the RCU forums. I want to start crawling,... like really excited! I have some idea of what is available for this category of RC from when I built a plow truck last winter out of a Tamiya TL-01 converted monster truck. I was challenging and fun. I have so many places to crawl it's awesome! I want a somewhat scale rig for some scale photography, but a lot of capabilities and top performance are my main focus point. I hope I have this in the right section.

Thanks to everyone who read my long first post and responds. Also, if someone could tell me how to put an avatar in, that would be helpful.

Plow Video URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3O1xlpmLgI
Old 08-24-2014, 08:55 PM   #3

Default Re: SCX10 Wrangler G6 wanna build

Hey, thanks for voting guys! I think the results show best, so a Holmes Hobbies combo it will be!

What shock oil weight should I run in the Icon shocks? Like 30wt?

SCX10 Wrangler G6 wanna build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WYD's STRC SCX10 Jeep Wrangler build wyd Axial SCX-10 57 01-28-2016 09:48 AM
***Chicklet's Jeep Wrangler SCX10 G6 Build*** chicklet Axial SCX-10 67 03-12-2015 06:03 PM
scx10 G6 2.2 Wroncho/Wrangler Build (AKA The Sleeping On The Couch Build) Irishchamp 2.2 Scale Rigs 45 10-09-2014 10:26 PM
DMS1 SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 Falken to Hilux Build dms1 Axial SCX-10 14 09-30-2014 10:13 PM
ScaleFreak - Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 Build Joe Ferguson Axial SCX-10 27 06-07-2014 04:42 PM