Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Power wagon build up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2015, 02:22 PM   #61
RCC Addict

Default Re: Power wagon build up

At the moment I can not find any in stock. I know they are listed at $65 at Tower and all the other places. I'm pretty sure I saw a couple last week on ebay for that price as well. I'm trying to stay on a budget (I want a Yeti too) so when I saw the price I decided that I was going to wear this one out before I bought a new one to paint. I guess I'll snag one or two up next time I see them in stock somewhere if they are going to be hard to find.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2015, 02:47 PM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Im waiting for mine to come in, they are def a little pricey but I want to do a good looking 2 tone paint job its just to hard to keep it clean being painted on the outside.
Jfrisch01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:51 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Well after waiting about a week to fix my truck (wheel came off right as we were loading up after the trail run). Problem was only .475 or bigger hubs work for the scx10 /without modifications. And thats exactly what happened, when I ordered these wheels I bought .350 hubs, was so anxious to get em on I grinded 1/8 inch off the 4 ends. Stupid me lol I know but I have replaced them with the correct hubs and will swap all my shafts back to new, most likely stronger rear shafts and universals for the front. Just an fyi if anyone runs into that issue.

Got my jevne battery plate w/cms mount as well today so I figured id mount it up. I didnt mount it where it is predrilled as I wanted a little more clearance for the driveshaft.

The silver body did get a little more beat up than I realized so I swapped my honcho backed dodge body back on for now. I cant wait for the clear dodge body to be shipped!!

Finally have a spot to temp mount my winch controller and use my "land anchor" I dont think im gonna keep the winch controller from warn, most likely swap it out for a heyOk

Actually broke the rear portion of the bed from the front "shock"

JR plate mounts up nice and clean.

Old 02-26-2015, 05:52 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Well after the last beating the body took, I looked into others, this one really caught my eye and I knew I needed it, FAST! 92$ later it showed up in 3 days. Love it, fits perfect and wheel wells dont even run at full flex..awesome. I have a vanquish light bar I bought never took out of the package ill see how it looks. Might actually swap it for a gearhead bar, little lower profile and black.

Dont worry it will eventually go back to a dodge body, well I plan on it lets see if it changes. Still havent got my clear dodge yet so... trail pics will come this weekend with the new body
Old 02-26-2015, 09:29 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

And of course a shot of the vanquish bar

Old 02-27-2015, 08:54 AM   #66
Rock Crawler

That is a great looking and fitting body. What is it?
DowntownScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:55 AM   #67
Rock Crawler

Looks ford f650, hummerish!
Old 02-27-2015, 12:47 PM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Its from killer bodies. Based off a Mercedes suv. I love the thing totally diff look.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:05 PM   #69
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownScience View Post
That is a great looking and fitting body. What is it?
That's the Horri-Bull from Killer Bodies.

Scroll down to Crawlers and select it from the list on the left.
Killerbody - Specializing in RC model bodies! | killerbody.com
Eric0424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 02:56 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

That's awesome. Didn't even know about this company. Thanks. I'm guessing you bought yours finished? Does it come with all the accessories?
Old 03-04-2015, 12:25 PM   #71
Rock Crawler

i love this build! very clean and simple without just dumping money into parts !

great collection too! cant wait to see more posted !
ScGRaceR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:07 AM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Slight update on the truck.

Since the last trail run a fender actually snapped off the front, very slight tire tucked inside for a short period of time. Killerbody is sending me a new one, excellent customer service from them.

Also picked up a foff motor plate from Billet Works and its a beaut!

Might be wondering what thats for??

Well I have recently sold my yeti and I was running a 1/8 system from hobbywing. 150 amp esc and 2250kv motor. Sensored setup as well. I didnt want it just laying around so...now it is in my scx10. I know that its wayyy overkill but I dont care. If you want gobs of torque this is the system that will provide it. With the punch all the way down on 1, this bad boy should pull a sled aross the line with ease. Added to that even running on and off full throttle in the yeti I was getting about 1 1/2 hours or more from one 4000mah battery. "Crawling" or trailing I expect to have alot longer run times.

Little bit of cutting, about an inch, from the c-channel frame. Just the lip of it and smoothing out some bumps from the trans a small amount, this giant motor fits! I have some testing and tuning to do tomorrow to get everything dialed in but I am satisfied. The motor plare makes the install flawless.

To get the full effect heres a size comparison from the roc412 pulled out of the scx10.

Power wagon build up - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Power wagon build Rooster87 1.9 Scale Rigs 8 06-29-2010 09:55 PM
Project: Power Wagon 2.2 build. justinart24 2.2 Scale Rigs 71 10-11-2009 02:12 AM
Another POWER WAGON build 49B1PW 1.9 Scale Rigs 23 08-28-2009 12:25 AM
power wagon build XxPr3miumRid3rxX 1.9 Scale Rigs 14 08-23-2007 08:12 AM
Power-wagon Diaz Ds-1 Scale Build. rockcrawler505 2.2 Scale Rigs 9 07-11-2006 01:21 PM