Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Paves Cherokee, G6 and F250 parts builds... my first time.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2015, 09:53 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Paves Cherokee, G6 and F250 parts builds... my first time.

Im new to crawlers. Cant really even tell you why I decided to try them. Tower hobbies had the dingo on sale and after my discount it cost me like $200 or something. Seemed like a fun build, even if after it was done I didnt like it... the build itself would be fun so I went for it. After I got it, I was hooked. Building it was fun but modifying it to be unique was even more fun. So, I bought a G6... then I picked up a used truck that was full of upgrades but not in the best shape and mostly unassembled. Now I have 3 SCX10s... here they are. Comments welcome.

First up The Cherokee
I bought this Cherokee body years ago hoping to use it on a totally different truck. It didnt fit but I just kept it around. When I bought the dingo kit I knew immediately this was the body I was going to use. After I searched around a bit I saw people using the dingo fenders on the jeep body and that was it... exactly what I wanted. Ive spent alot of time building and re-building this thing with different setups, but I think this is the one I'm going to stick with.

-Axial DIG transmission, traxxas 2075 servo
-STRC Lockouts, hubs and knuckles
-Jevne Battery plate
-Proline Scale shocks
-RC4WD steel wagon rims
-Poison Spider rear bumper/tire carrier
-Stock Dingo front bumper
-Currently has the 4 LED Ridgid light bar up front and will be getting the 8 LED bar on the roof in place of the 4 lights on there now.
-Integy roof rack (light bar section is being cut off)
-Stock motor, Castle SV3 ESC, Hitec HS5646WP servo
-Traxxas waterproof RX Box, airtronics RX
-GCM Panhard/3 link setup up front
-Axial 4 link the rear

The transmission has been flipped around so the DIG setup wouldn't interfere with the battery placement. Not sure if this is called "mirroring" or not... but it was easy and works great.

Only driven it in the snow 3 times... but it works great.

Pavmentsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2015, 10:03 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Paves Cherokee, G6 and F250 parts builds... my first time.

This one started as a G6... but I wasn't crazy about the jeep body so I didnt both with it. I picked up an axial flat bed rear and and Proline F-250 front end. I like the Honcho Bumper with the skid plates so got that as well. Its otherwise, mostly stock.
-Ebay lift kit
-RRP Steel trans gears
-RC4WD rear bumper
-ACE waterproof servo, Axial ESC, Airtronics RX
-Axial aluminum 4 link front and rear
-Aluminum battery, electronics plates
-Traxxas waterproof RX box
-Its got some proline LEDs up front, an Axial light bar on the roof and I used the 2 single Ridgid lights on the rear for brake lights.
-I have a set of aluminum rear lockouts, knuckles and knuckles to go on it as well.

It currently has 2.2 wheels and tires, but I'm not sure if I'm going to keep them. I wanted the "big lifted truck with 44's" look... not %100 sold yet.

Old 02-08-2015, 10:12 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

This 3rd truck was bought mostly to scavenge parts. I got it used and it had lots of nice stuff on it that made the purchase well worth it. At first I figured id just keep it all in parts to use as spares. But once I was done with the other 2 trucks I realized I had enough stuff left over to build a complete truck so I did.
I had already painted the G6 body as an experiment so it was all ready to go. I think it turned out pretty good. It has some unknown shocks on it right now that are way too stiff... Ive got a set of stock shocks to put on instead. The rest of the truck is mostly stock as well. Ive got a 2nd radio in it so I can either sell it or keep it as a truck to let friends run when I go out. Probably do the 2nd one. Crawling alone is a bit lonely.

-Ebay battery/electronics plate
-Novak ESC
-steel trans gears
-Vanquish 313mm titanium 4 link front and rear
-ACE waterproof servo, stock Axial RX box, rear mounted with a servo plate re-cycled into an ESC mount in the rear as well.

Parting shot of all 3, one in each wheelbase axial offers:

I have 2 more SCX10's coming now, Another Dingo ill probably just sell and a deadbolt RTR I may keep and replace the G6 with. Not really sure. They aren't overly expensive in RTR form so theyre easy to just keep around. I also have a Dodge ram body ready to paint up in the 313mm wheel base so I may turn the deadbolt into a ram with the Ti links from the G6... who knows. Possibilities are endless.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:17 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Just got a new Deadbolt and another Dingo from a buddy in the US. They were too cheap to pass up. I think I'm going to sell he Jeep Rubicon now and replace it with the deadbolt. Then build up the dingo with a Dodge Ram body and 313mm wheelbase. Already have it painted up and ready to go. Just have to plan out the parts for that truck before i get started. Ill post some pics later tonight.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:49 AM   #5

I'm glad your having as much fun with these guys as you do with your traxxas rc's. Nice builds Pave!!
Biggdogg1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:12 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Nice fleet of rigs you built up.I have 2 SCX's now and am wanting a third one as a spare for a buddy to play along with.
RiderZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:31 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Thanks guys. Just started working on my deadbolt. The Jeep is up for sale. Have another Dingo kit I'm debating about building or not building. Still not %100 sure what to do with it.

Paves Cherokee, G6 and F250 parts builds... my first time. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 builds at the same time! Rox4life Axial SCX-10 6 12-08-2013 08:16 PM
LR3 Builds a 1:1 - 2003 Grand Cherokee LR3 Chit Chat 131 03-22-2013 06:47 AM
a new spin on the cherokee builds farakai 1.9 Scale Rigs 34 07-17-2007 09:41 PM
First time tuber builds. Booger Tamiya TLT Crawlers 4 07-11-2007 01:38 PM
first time here in awhile. blown away by the builds... badhoopty Chit Chat 8 02-11-2007 12:29 PM