Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Introducing Hannibal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2016, 07:14 PM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Introducing Hannibal

Awesome truck man. This has gave me lots of ideas for mine thanks.
Ltd.yfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2016, 11:09 AM   #42
RCC Addict

Rock Beast XLs installed along with MIP driveshafts. I'm using the stock foams in them at the moment. The first run I really was not happy but I know that Rock Beasts need to be broken in before they start to grip. Today's run was about 3 hours and they are starting to break in some, but I am not getting the traction that I have grown accustomed to with my TSL XLs. I ordered some CI foams. I may be able to get one run in with them before comp season starts in a couple weeks, but I will most likely end up using my TSLs in the first comp.

I have a set of overdrive gears here for the front. Getting those damn screws out of the SSD diff cover is a PITA so I have been holding off on that install.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 05:41 PM   #43
RCC Addict

I installed 4.75" CI Lil Novas with soft outer up front and the rears got medium outers. I also installed a Scaler Fab rear bumper. We are two comps into the season now. I got 4th place in the first comp and 5th place in the second, and I am currently in 2nd place overall (out of 29 people).

Hannibal's current stance:

As happy as I am with everything, I am strongly considering building a Toyzuki SCX10 II to use as a comp rig and making this my G6/hardcore trail rig again.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:10 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Yesterday was Hannibal's first official G6, the Birthday Bash up in Reno. Hannibal did great, and while he finished the event under his own power, it wasnt without issue. The SSD winch gave up its magic smoke near the end of the first course while spooling out to help RuinX up a wet muddy bridge. Then with just a few gates left on the last course, it felt like the MMP was going into low voltage cutoff, so I popped in a fresh battery. This didnt help...I now had some surging and funny noises. While I avoided getting into any deep water or splashing, the sensor plug on the motor is low and pointed at the front tires. I'm hoping it just got wet and will be fine after drying out (I'll take it apart tonight). I knew I should have waterproofed it, but I normally stay out of the water so I just never did it.

I'll contact SSD about the winch.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:09 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
Yesterday was Hannibal's first official G6, the Birthday Bash up in Reno. Hannibal did great, and while he finished the event under his own power, it wasnt without issue. The SSD winch gave up its magic smoke near the end of the first course while spooling out to help RuinX up a wet muddy bridge. Then with just a few gates left on the last course, it felt like the MMP was going into low voltage cutoff, so I popped in a fresh battery. This didnt help...I now had some surging and funny noises. While I avoided getting into any deep water or splashing, the sensor plug on the motor is low and pointed at the front tires. I'm hoping it just got wet and will be fine after drying out (I'll take it apart tonight). I knew I should have waterproofed it, but I normally stay out of the water so I just never did it.

I'll contact SSD about the winch.
I've gotten my sensor port wet on my "waterproofed" MMP a few times and had it do funny things. I unplugged it and let it sit a few days and it was fine. Definitely a lesson for me in using dielectric grease in these locations.
DrewHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 08:13 AM   #46
RCC Addict

Such a good looking truck. Really like those Rock Beast on it.
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:04 AM   #47
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewHammer View Post
I've gotten my sensor port wet on my "waterproofed" MMP a few times and had it do funny things. I unplugged it and let it sit a few days and it was fine. Definitely a lesson for me in using dielectric grease in these locations.
I'm fairly sure its the motor. The ESC is pretty high up and out of the way. Even though I did not drive through deep water or splash into the shallow stuff, I'm sure the tires threw residual water and mud up on the motor. I'll get it taken apart tonight and while I'm in there I'll conformal coat the board. I need to dry out my foams too.

I think Hannibal has one more comp left in him before my new comp rig (Toyzuki SCX10 II) is ready. After that, he has some changes coming.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:42 PM   #48
Pebble Pounder

Any updates? I love Hannibal
Old 02-02-2017, 10:08 PM   #49
Pebble Pounder

This truck was the inspiration to build my first crawler
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2017, 09:25 AM   #50
RCC Addict

Hannibal is sitting in a box at the moment, but he will be back in action soon hopefully. I needed the shocks for my comp rig. I'm trying to figure out what shocks I'll be using for him, but leaning towards the Gmade RSD.

Introducing Hannibal - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hannibal Mo comp dates 09 lowloc Missouri 79 08-14-2009 03:39 PM
GTG @ Hannibal Rocks... RockAddict75 Missouri 2 04-24-2009 08:35 PM
Hannibal Rocks Pics!! JEFF THE JET Missouri 1 08-31-2008 12:43 PM
Hannibal Mo, Comp anyone? lowloc Missouri 35 06-13-2008 04:11 PM
XRRA Hannibal Photos tmyjeeper Chit Chat 34 07-25-2007 07:29 PM