Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Spare parts budget build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2018, 04:12 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Spare parts budget build

Ordered a Proline Bug body for my daughter for Christmas last year. Was in LHS couple weeks before Christmas and asked her what she thought of the body........she turned her nose up and said "yuk" it's been laying around all year.

Bought an SCX10.11 Honcho several months ago to update my G6, so my old chassis been sitting idle too. Finally decided to put all the spare parts together and make something of them. Just got it finished today.

The chassis has LURC FI spools, OT shafts, narrow XR mod with DIY brass tubes, wildboar drive shafts, a 60T motor and rear links from a Redcat Everest 10 to stretch the WB out, DIY stainless front links and steering links, Big Bore shocks, and take-off 2.2 tires / wheels from my son's Wraith.

Painted the body from the inside with Tamyia silver, white, and gloss black. Then sprayed the outside of the hood and inside of the windows with Spaz Stix no shine matte. Made inner fenders from sandwich bowls we had laying around and the front bumper from a U-bolt I found at lowes.

I think it turned out pretty good for a pile of spare parts. I REALLY like how the windows turned out. I don't like clear windows without an interior and just seeing all the internals. I'll use this method from now on for any truck I build without an interior.

number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2018, 04:57 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Spare parts budget build

Looks great, nice to get something up and running from leftovers.
alexleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:09 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Spare parts budget build

I have parts too, but don't have enough to make a complete rig
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Spare parts budget build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tncrawler's spare parts budget f250 build TNCrawler Axial SCX-10 8 08-10-2013 11:20 PM
Dr.Frank's spare part budget Pro build Dr.Frank Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 8 07-08-2011 09:07 PM
...spare parts build... Leprasol Axial SCX-10 14 05-25-2011 08:45 PM
Spare parts budget build: Clod Racer 2WD PaulEZK Non Crawler RC's 17 08-15-2008 11:20 AM