Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Best shocks? What to choose

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2018, 11:00 PM   #1

Default Best shocks? What to choose

Pro Line Pro-Spec vs vanquish incision ?
What you think is best?
Or what else? icon, big bore ...
I run the stock that come in the kit

Pixel 2 XL ... Tapatalk

Last edited by NoRCoRyX; 05-05-2018 at 11:06 PM.
NoRCoRyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2018, 12:54 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Best shocks? What to choose

When I put my scx10-2 kit together it was one of the early kits with the leaky Icon shocks. There wasn't much out there yet. Asking questions like you. I received quite a few responses of Traxxas big bore shocks the Axial 1.4 springs. I him hawed around and finally bit. I bought 4 Traxxas big bore shocks. 20w oil. Axial 1.4 springs. I did not like the 1.4 springs in the rear. Sat too tall and too stiff. I found a 1.2 spring didn't like it either. I found another article where a person was using the stock springs with the big bore shocks. I'm now running Traxxas big bore shocks. 20w oil. Axial 1.4 front springs. Axial scx10-2 rear springs. I'm very happy with the set up. The rest of my rig is pretty much stock with exception of an aluminum rear diff housing to add a little tail end weight. An rc4wd Atlas transfer case housing just because. I don't comp mine just fun trail days in the local rock river beds.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk
jeeptec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:35 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Trx-4 shocks FTW!
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 01:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptec View Post
When I put my scx10-2 kit together it was one of the early kits with the leaky Icon shocks. There wasn't much out there yet. Asking questions like you. I received quite a few responses of Traxxas big bore shocks the Axial 1.4 springs. I him hawed around and finally bit. I bought 4 Traxxas big bore shocks. 20w oil. Axial 1.4 springs. I did not like the 1.4 springs in the rear. Sat too tall and too stiff. I found a 1.2 spring didn't like it either. I found another article where a person was using the stock springs with the big bore shocks. I'm now running Traxxas big bore shocks. 20w oil. Axial 1.4 front springs. Axial scx10-2 rear springs. I'm very happy with the set up. The rest of my rig is pretty much stock with exception of an aluminum rear diff housing to add a little tail end weight. An rc4wd Atlas transfer case housing just because. I don't comp mine just fun trail days in the local rock river beds.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Yes jeeptec !
I read your post! When I try to buy the big bore I see the incision and pro line is just release! On the Harley scale news on YouTube
So this is why I ask for if maybe better option is now available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
Trx-4 shocks FTW!
Yes I agree ! I have the trx4 bronco,so maybe is shock will finish on the scx10.2 And get better shock on it....
The trx4 offer better funfactor, but the scx10.2 still the best crawler...

So anybody try or think the incision or pro line are better than the big bore with jeeptec setup?

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 XL en utilisant Tapatalk
NoRCoRyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:47 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Another vote for TRX4 shocks, have them on mine and they're great. Far superior to the leaky Icons.
pullstarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:20 AM   #6
Go Buckeyes!

I also run the TRX-4 GTS shocks. I have them on three of my rigs. They are super smooth and they do not leak. Can get a set of four on Ebay for under $50.00. Love them!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:40 AM   #7

The Incision shocks are nearly as expensive as the Proline shocks. Proline has proven to make amazing shocks. Incision doesn't have a track record yet. I went with Proline.

Traxxas makes good shocks as well.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:40 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I am going to toss out a curveball. Dravtech makes the best working shock to date IMO. These shocks hold oil, look killer, and allow amazing tuning options. I just built a set of GTS shocks and they feel really good. I just don't have any drive time on them to offer feedback.
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaclip View Post
I am going to toss out a curveball. Dravtech makes the best working shock to date IMO. These shocks hold oil, look killer, and allow amazing tuning options. I just built a set of GTS shocks and they feel really good. I just don't have any drive time on them to offer feedback.
But this is the scale section (SCX10 II) and the Dravtech shocks don't look scale at all IMO because of the short springs.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:36 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
But this is the scale section (SCX10 II) and the Dravtech shocks don't look scale at all IMO because of the short springs.

I run them on my scale rigs... I run the black shocks with dravtech black springs. I think they look killer. Everyone knows that the super scale LOOKING shocks are inferior.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:39 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaclip View Post
I run them on my scale rigs... I run the black shocks with dravtech black springs. I think they look killer. Everyone knows that the super scale LOOKING shocks are inferior.
Eh. I'm sure the Proline shocks will give them a run for their money. Even standard Traxxas Big Bores would.

Shocks aren't all that critical on scalers.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:01 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Jato.... I think you did bump your head. I only build scale rigs. I want my scale rigs to be consistent/predictable on the trail. I like nice shocks on my nice scale rigs....
Old 05-07-2018, 04:25 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Eh. I'm sure the Proline shocks will give them a run for their money. Even standard Traxxas Big Bores would.

Shocks aren't all that critical on scalers.
Between this and the no glass bed you're just digging the hole deeper

Properly setup shocks are the 2nd most important thing on any truck, right behind tires.
whitrzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
Between this and the no glass bed you're just digging the hole deeper

Properly setup shocks are the 2nd most important thing on any truck, right behind tires.
What hole?

Agree to disagree about the shocks.

You take perfect shocks and a crappy, jerky ESC and I'll take crappy shocks with a good ESC.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:29 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

I'll take good shocks and a good esc. I like the rsd piggybacks with rc4wd rock krawler springs, sawback aluminum top mount ball thingies, and beef tubes spring cups.
monster 550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:09 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
What hole?

Agree to disagree about the shocks.

You take perfect shocks and a crappy, jerky ESC and I'll take crappy shocks with a good ESC.
Why would anyone take a bad esc when the WP1080 is $40 and WP1060 half that? Bad ESC's should only be in RTR, and then just long enough to break the seal on the box and rip them out like a beating heart like in so many movies (Indiana Jones, Frankenstein, Terminator). Better yet, RTR should just come with WP1080's!
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:44 AM   #17
RCC Addict

My vote will be Traxxas big bore shocks and TRX4 shocks or Pro-line shocks only.
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 05:37 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
Why would anyone take a bad esc when the WP1080 is $40 and WP1060 half that? Bad ESC's should only be in RTR, and then just long enough to break the seal on the box and rip them out like a beating heart like in so many movies (Indiana Jones, Frankenstein, Terminator). Better yet, RTR should just come with WP1080's!
He said tires and shocks are the two most important items on a crawler. I disagree and was just making my point. I think a good ESC is more important than shocks.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:48 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Try the Dravtech shocks
Traulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 10:41 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traulus View Post
Try the Dravtech shocks
I promise if you do you will be pleased.... Don't overfill, and enjoy some extremely well mannered shocks. I wanted to note that I am also a bigbore kinda guy. I love how my rigs sit static at mid shock stroke allowing plenty of up and down travel. I have tried proline shocks a few different times over the years. Honestly I was not impressed. They leak and don't allow mid travel stroke. If the new prolines are the same internally I wouldn't pay for them. Looks wise all options fall short.....

Best shocks? What to choose - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help me choose a set of shocks Bucktallica Axial AX-10 Scorpion 12 03-17-2010 12:30 AM