Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: New Scx10.3 couple questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2020, 06:54 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default New Scx10.3 couple questions

Hey guys / gals,

Just finished my first kit build a Scx10.3 ( always had RTR before this ). The build went smoothly as I did some research before starting and reading Rich's very helpful tips thread. ( Thanks Rich, little things like that show bigger companies can care about the end user )

I just have a couple questions now that I've ran the rig a little bit.

1) The front tires will catch on the wheel wells at full flex with the steering full turn, normally this is usually solved by a) trimming the body, but with the flares its not possible and b) raising the body up a bit, but with the body mount system this is not possible.

Whats everyone doing to remedy this?, I have installed 6mm worth of fuel tubing at the bottom of the shocks to limit upward travel some ( think OG Scx10 RTR setup )

2) Has anyone figured out a way to run a full size servo for shift and or dig function ? Im only running dig now with the suggested Spektrum micro servo. But id swap the micro to shift duty and put a full size servo for dig if possible. Ive googled and YouTube but came up empty thus far.

All day today ive been chasing the dreaded clicking noise these seem to make. The pins are all in the round slot ( both transmission and portals ), ive re-greased everything and watching almost every youtube vid I could find about it, ive taken the play from the shaft to gear clearance. ( I haven't ran this yet but looks promising ) is there anything im missing?

It works fine just seems very noisy to me, im used to the 3 gear Scx transmissions so maybe this is just the nature of this one being all metal gear and im sure the metal spur probably has some inherent noise with it.

Wow I wasn't going to type this much lol

Thanks
Damion10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

New Scx10.3 couple questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
a couple of questions Baggednissan88 Axial Yeti 4 01-18-2015 09:51 AM
Got my first scx10, couple questions Jeepguy19 Axial SCX-10 43 11-23-2011 06:15 PM
couple questions about the scx10 mycrors7 Newbie General 5 09-02-2010 08:55 PM
New here and got a couple questions OEFCrawler Axial SCX-10 17 07-16-2010 01:54 PM
Couple Questions VOODOO1 Newbie General 3 02-25-2009 12:07 AM