Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: wraith problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #1

Default wraith problems

first, hello to everyone.

took a bit too talk the wife into it but i got my kids(well teenagers) some wraith's rtr's for x-mas, after some research they looked like they could take a beating. it really was a win - win for me cause im able to drive them when they are not

one car seems to be great, the other one has been one issue after another. to start i couldnt get the tranmitter to pair up with the reciever when it did it only had reverse, went to the shop i bought them from. they said something about reverse lock out not being programed, then when my kid would'nt quit hitting stuff at full throttle after i drove it i realized the throttle was wierd, off to the shop again something with the programming again. then this last sunday i crawled the rocks in the yard(really mild small rocks) went to lunch after a bit my nephew wanted to play so went to show him and watch him run it i noticed something was wrong the left front tire was not working, after lookig at it for a min. i noticed the dog bone it gone.

im not quite sure why all the problems are on one truck(yes both my kids have one) and im not sure what to do, go back to the shop and demand a different car(doubt that will happen) get ahold of axial and see what the will do (if anything) or just deal with it.

my biggest issue is i can not find replacement parts! everything is "out of stock" 2 cars 1 broken front link...cant even get a stock link...and the other car...i couldnt find stock dog bone let alone up graded. axial has part numbers for them but no parts. where are the replacment parts hiding?

2nd issue is listening to my wife" you paid how much and they are broken" bla bla bla.

ill take any sujestions you feel like giving other than that i guess im venting wondering if i just got a truck "built on a friday" or if others having the same problems
popeye123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: wraith problems

pretty much, i buy ALL my parts for al]]my rigs online, you get the stuff you want, so convenient and easy.
joelKID984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:44 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

when Aussie is worth $1.03 US it makes it even better !
Make hay while the sun shines.

Regarding your Wraith woes , welcome to offroad RC ! Its perfect if you like repairing things all the time , luckily I do.
northkona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #4

Well unfortunately most everyone that got a Wraith for Christmas has probably broken parts already too. I've been acquiring parts since before Christmas and have noticed that within the last couple of weeks the parts supply has been steadily dwindling and becoming very hard to find. I'm sure the suppliers are working to get the much needed parts back in stock at the shops as quick as they can.

I think I've finally received all of my parts that I ordered and will start building mine this weekend. . . if nothing comes up.
GreenGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Has anybody been getting stuff back in stock, or is it still pretty slim pickins?
SamuraiTrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
RCC Addict

I have dog bones and links if you are interested. I actually have them in the for sale section with some hits on them but no money in hand yet. As for the rest of it there have seemed to be a few bad ones come through but most people do upgrades to them as soon as they get them so they kinda bypass any factory issues if there were any.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by craddock35 View Post
I have dog bones and links if you are interested. I actually have them in the for sale section with some hits on them but no money in hand yet. As for the rest of it there have seemed to be a few bad ones come through but most people do upgrades to them as soon as they get them so they kinda bypass any factory issues if there were any.
i understand things breaking, but its just a little irritating that the thing is busted in a few weeks being run pretty easy(iv seen them being hammered on youtube) than when i try to find the stuff to upgrade im not able to, let alone try to find stock parts. yes iv searched on-line and the local shops.

i might be intested in the dog bones send me a pm with cost i already have this kit https://www.ckrccrawlers.com/ax30797...it-p-4142.html on order thru the local shop, and still trying to find some axial universals
Old 01-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #8

even with my whinning my girls and i do love the wraith they are a blast
Old 01-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

egaY...
for parts..
lots of people selling or parting out kit parts...
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Here is another option for some parts . They are cheap and the quality is not guaranteed but they are cheaper than stock or STRC/ Vanquish/ Hot Racing.
http://www.asiatees.com/model.php?Axial-Wraith-Upgrades-Parts-Hop-Ups&brand=Axial&model=Wraith&c=main
Old 01-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #11

Smile Re: wraith problems

From my point of view hot racing parts sucks. The links are very nice but the heim joint falls apart. The knuckles and c's are nice but u have to run a spacer on the wheel hex due to them hitting the stock wheels or run off set beadlocks. And the axles are just plan junk. The stock dog bones have more strenght and material than the hr's. Save ur moeny and buy the other brands. Hot racings parts are cheaper and just me u get what u pay. Has for the axial axles. If u find some order to sets and I will pay u for the extra I xant find them any where
bbungard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

LOL hey man, when you buy plastic it breaks. I bought my wraith on monday after new years. 20 min later on the trails with all the guys. I ran it just as i would my jeep, so 15 min broke a front link(replaced it with a honcho scx10 link) , 35 min later broke a rear link LMAO replaced that one. 1hour into the run doing hill climbs in our usaual spots smoked the motor until it siezed.LOL Changed it with a 27t axial and kept going. Lost both front light mesh covers, stripped out a hex in the rim, and last but not least at the end of the run broke right from steering knuckle.

That just goes to show how easy it is to break stock parts. That's why the after market upgrade companies do so well on sales.
Just do what i did. Order yourself a bunch of stock replacement parts but don't put them on till you need them, that way your not always waiting for parts when they break.
Hope all goes well in the future. Oh and the wife, show her this thread and let her read what others have said then she will understand. It's your fault.

Cheers
Ray
chopperray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbungard View Post
From my point of view hot racing parts sucks. The links are very nice but the heim joint falls apart. The knuckles and c's are nice but u have to run a spacer on the wheel hex due to them hitting the stock wheels or run off set beadlocks. And the axles are just plan junk. The stock dog bones have more strenght and material than the hr's. Save ur moeny and buy the other brands. Hot racings parts are cheaper and just me u get what u pay. Has for the axial axles. If u find some order to sets and I will pay u for the extra I xant find them any where
I agree with you about the hot racing , I bought one of those steering links and it is crap , bent like wet spaghetti.
Have you tried any of that Topcad stuff tho ?
Old 01-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #14

I just bought and installed a bunch of Top Cad parts from AsiaTees.com. They are inexpensive and look good, but the quality is not great.

Once again it all comes down the heim joints (the swivel joints at the ends of the links). The links themselves are really nice, but they become essentially useless when the press-fit heim joints pop out after installation. Also, the interior diameter of the heim joints are too small for the stock hardware. You either have to fight to force the stock screws and bolts through them... like I did, or wait and order a bunch of new hardware.

I "fixed" this problem with the Top Cad links by bracketing each installation point with small rubber o-rings, but I shouldn't have needed to do that.

The Top Cad steering links seem to be working fine so far, but I'm expecting the heim joints to fail on those as well.

I also bought a pair of Top Cad shocks for $14. They look nice and function very smoothly, but they don't hold a seal very well. I have them installed and they are working well enough, but I expect problems eventually.

The Top Cad c-hubs and other solid aluminum parts appear to be perfectly acceptable, and they fit well.

Last edited by Skadar; 01-13-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Skadar is offline   Reply With Quote

wraith problems - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wraith throttle problems sixhundred71 Axial Wraith 4 12-31-2011 08:53 PM
new wraith esc problems mrallen0 Axial Wraith 3 12-03-2011 09:02 PM
Wraith drive line problems Moparguy Axial Wraith 26 09-23-2011 10:57 AM
Wraith Speed Problems!! WarTrader Axial Wraith 12 08-29-2011 10:59 AM
Problems problems problems hope it's worth it in the end TJcreeperJEEP Venom Creeper 9 12-22-2009 04:54 PM