Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Taller tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Taller tires

Unfortunately if i want to climb a stair for example i can't do anything if i can't increase ground clearance, i know that driving technique is very important but there are ocassions that even that won't work. Besides i like big tires so if i can get them, why not?
Unfortunately i can't get them
Pabust is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabust View Post
Unfortunately if i want to climb a stair for example i can't do anything if i can't increase ground clearance, i know that driving technique is very important but there are ocassions that even that won't work. Besides i like big tires so if i can get them, why not?
Unfortunately i can't get them
depending on the stairs they can be quite difficult for anything. also just trying to increase your ride height can cause many other problems. i have been able to get my old ax10 up one and almost 2 steps back when i had it and can nearly do it with my honcho. it actually did better on that when i lowered it. one thing you may want to try is a longer shock run at partial droop. will give more down travel without an increase in ride height. but trust me bigger tires are not needed. most comp crawlers use tires that are actually smaller than the super swampers and the same sise as the stock wraith tires.
foproy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Well, all but you
You really have no clue what you're doing or talking about do you?

And what's the rise on the stairs you're trying to climb? 2'?
ScaleFreak93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

If you need tires larger than what is available right now in 2.2 scale maybe you should step up to a Super or the like. The Wraith is supposed to be scale looking, the Crawler Innovations 6.5 RipSaws throw the look off big time.

Or, try your hand at making your own cut n shut tires.
GaBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:26 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

I like the RC4WD Boggers:

NFA Fabrication is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:43 AM   #26
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFA Fabrication View Post
I like the RC4WD Boggers:

X2 great look on wraiths
Carlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Yea they're awesome and really tall but this guy says he needs a tire at least 6" tall Apparently his driver "skill" is too much for anything less.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleFreak93 View Post
Yea they're awesome and really tall but this guy says he needs a tire at least 6" tall Apparently his driver "skill" is too much for anything less.
What if i just want a tall tire, is that a problem? Jeez. there are several smartasses over here
Old 03-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Think we're bad then don't go to pirate lol we're just trying to tell you that instead of getting taller tires to get over stuff, try practicing and learning how to pick your lines
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
i'm tired of dragging the axles over every little obstacle,
this doesn't sound like you just want tall tires but because your having difficulties driving your rig. There won't be axle dragging if you choose your lines well. If that's to hard for you, then get some losi axles because that's the only axle that'll fit your bill
Old 03-01-2012, 09:57 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post
think we're bad then don't go to pirate lol we're just trying to tell you that instead of getting taller tires to get over stuff, try practicing and learning how to pick your lines
^^^^^x2^^^^^
JCSXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:57 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
this doesn't sound like you just want tall tires but because your having difficulties driving your rig. There won't be axle dragging if you choose your lines well. If that's to hard for you, then get some losi axles because that's the only axle that'll fit your bill
this is what i have been saying from my first post. he also says he cant climb stairs with it. though i do not know of a scale rig that could. and trust me my little blue ford has taken some near vertical climbs.
foproy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Think we're bad then don't go to pirate lol we're just trying to tell you that instead of getting taller tires to get over stuff, try practicing and learning how to pick your lines
No joke Demonoid, I've been there (pirate4x4) for 6 years and we eat noobs for breakfast And yea, if you pick your lines right you won't need taller tires....most people that actually know how to drive could use a 5" tire with minimal dragging. And the only smartass here is you, people have gone above and beyond to give you links and ideas for tall tires and you don't seem to like any of them, you shoot them all down. What do you expect people to say when you're just being so negative

Last edited by ScaleFreak93; 03-02-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
. And the only smartass here is you,
why thank you I try, I try
Old 03-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
No joke Demonoid, I've been there (pirate4x4) for 6 years and we eat noobs for breakfast
Wow you're so tuff, your mom must be so proud
Old 03-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
At least his mom is proud of him...... Got to say it, you took the first swing by saying that. It's all down hill from here unless you want to correct it now.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #37

Popcorn is in the microwave
JCSXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
why thank you I try, I try
You know who I was talking about

Quote:
Really? Thats what you resort to? And you do realize you're on a computer where you can look up how to properly spell a word (i.e. tough) I personally think you're quite sad and pathetic if you're resorting to those sort of insults. No one brought others familys in this until you did. I'm not going to bring your family in this. Thats an unwritten rule of respecting others in general. You should feel ashamed of yourself after this comment.

Quote:
At least his mom is proud of him...... Got to say it, you took the first swing by saying that. It's all down hill from here unless you want to correct it now.
Thanks My mom is very proud for all I've acomplished so far in life. Theres still plenty of time to do more as well. And no, I don't want him to correct it, hence me quoting him. I want others to see how low he is. Thats something that we don't really even say on pirate, family is one subject you just don't touch, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSXJ View Post
Popcorn is in the microwave
You want regular or movie theatre butter?
Old 03-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
You know who I was talking about

Really? Thats what you resort to? And you do realize you're on a computer where you can look up how to properly spell a word (i.e. tough) I personally think you're quite sad and pathetic if you're resorting to those sort of insults. No one brought others familys in this until you did. I'm not going to bring your family in this. Thats an unwritten rule of respecting others in general. You should feel ashamed of yourself after this comment.

Thanks My mom is very proud for all I've acomplished so far in life. Theres still plenty of time to do more as well. And no, I don't want him to correct it, hence me quoting him. I want others to see how low he is. Thats something that we don't really even say on pirate, family is one subject you just don't touch, you know?

You want regular or movie theatre butter?
Oh I know, that's why I said what I said lol, oh and I'll take kettle corn
But on to subject at hand, if you can take anything from this(excluding the last few post) instead if taller tires, just have some patience and practice your lines better, you'll learn how quickly it becomes easier to see where you need to go and with minimum axle dragging
Old 03-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #40
RCC Addict

I have to chime in here. Pabust, first of all don't ask for help and shoot down the information you receive. Take it graciously, weather you choose to take that advise or not is your choice. One thing you should never do is "BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU". Common courtesy goes along ways with everyone. I have read this entire thread, and you got exactly what you asked for.

Now honestly, I love to build Rigs and I like to build them to a high level. No matter how great I build a Rig, if I can't drive it, it won't perform. There are people on here who could take a stock rig and out perform the highest level of build being driven by a "ROOKIE". Money won't solve your problem, time and practice will. Now go put on your Big Boy underpants and go play with your toy truck.

Oh ya, Everyone who brought Great information to the table for Pabust. THANK YOU !
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote

Taller tires - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Standard foams for taller tires..(2.2) Biscuit Tires and Wheels 5 04-07-2009 07:00 PM
Taller 2.2 tires .... thoughts? Locked Up Tires and Wheels 15 10-26-2008 09:35 PM
making shorter tires taller yukon635 Tires and Wheels 1 06-01-2007 08:46 PM
Need taller tires fireexplorer19 General Crawlers 19 07-16-2006 09:20 PM
Taller tires for free!!!! SR5Dave Tamiya Clod Buster 2 04-25-2004 09:29 PM