Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Taller tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Your welcome drv krawler, I like to help but if someone starts acting whiny and rude, I don't tolerate it
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Power is out here, will someone share their popcorn?
BAWLER CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Default Re: Taller tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRV KRAWLER View Post
I have to chime in here. Pabust, first of all don't ask for help and shoot down the information you receive. Take it graciously, weather you choose to take that advise or not is your choice. One thing you should never do is "BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU". Common courtesy goes along ways with everyone. I have read this entire thread, and you got exactly what you asked for.

Now honestly, I love to build Rigs and I like to build them to a high level. No matter how great I build a Rig, if I can't drive it, it won't perform. There are people on here who could take a stock rig and out perform the highest level of build being driven by a "ROOKIE". Money won't solve your problem, time and practice will. Now go put on your Big Boy underpants and go play with your toy truck.

Oh ya, Everyone who brought Great information to the table for Pabust. THANK YOU !
Thank you Dan This is exactly (part) of what I'm saying, now we just need to see if he gets it through his thick skull

Last edited by ScaleFreak93; 03-02-2012 at 08:30 PM.
ScaleFreak93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:26 AM   #44
Rock Crawler

A different truck and another forum is also a very good idea. You clearly want a clodzilla type thing that will go up stairs etc.
crazee horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #45
Rock Stacker

I`ve tried to read most of the posts and cat fights . But now for a real question or remark .. On full size vehicles when bigger tires go on and hard wheeling with stock running gear , things start breaking , is that true in scale rigs too ? I`ve had my wheels off and that hub thats held in place by a set screw and driven by a small pin through the axle , then on up the line what breaks next ? So is it really worth it ? I have a taller set of tires here that I thought about putting on the Wraith , but I can`t find wheels that fit to these Mickey Thompsons so I have to make an adaptor so I think I`ll put them on the Summit ,it has bigger axles and hubs with larger tires .

Last edited by Hards1.6; 06-02-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Hards1.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #46
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards1.6 View Post
I`ve tried to read most of the posts and cat fights . But now for a real question or remark .. On full size vehicles when bigger tires go on and hard wheeling with stock running gear , things start breaking , is that true in scale rigs too ? I`ve had my wheels off and that hub thats held in place by a set screw and driven by a small pin through the axle , then on up the line what breaks next ? So is it really worth it ? I have a taller set of tires here that I thought about putting on the Wraith , but I can`t find wheels that fit to these Mickey Thompsons so I have to make an adaptor so I think I`ll put them on the Summit ,it has bigger axles and hubs with larger tires .
Everything else breaks.

Knuckles
C's
Stub axles
Lockers
Ring gears
Bearings
Driveshafts
Trans gears
Spur gear
Axle housings even

Anything 6"+ is going to be a bad idea for reliability.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #47
RCC Addict

you were offered several suggestions and shot them all dowm. just another ignorant teenie with an attitude, what a suprise
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:38 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=DRV KRAWLER;3605332]Now go put on your Big Boy underpants and go play with your toy truck.QUOTE]

Love it!
snicklefritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:08 PM   #49
RCC Addict

You all think 6" is big...
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:46 AM   #50
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabust View Post
Swampers may be huge on a scx10 but on a Wraith they look normal. Hopefully somebody comes out with a tire of 6" or more
HMMmmmmmmm...... Just search for it..... or you can always make your own tires if you don't like the 5.5. When ever I can't find what I am looking for I make it.

Crawler Innovations sell a foam set-up for a 6in tire. RC4WD makes a set and then someone posted a pic.... You than post "Hopefully somebody comes out with a tire of 6" " ????? WTF are you kidding me!

WOW!!!!! Ok.... Go drive and practice and then practice more and then even more. Then read all the NOOB post's you can find. Learn how to do this "search" thingy everyone's been talking about...... Then after all of that.... DO NOT! post stupid questions like this again.... Sorry for being "that guy" the asshole..... But it gets old.

There is no such thing as a stupid questions. Just Stupid people asking them.

Maybe you ought to re-post this in the tire and wheel section. Your outcome may differ. But that would've made way too sense.
redrokin00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

whaaaaa whaaaaa my tire is to small whaaaaaaaaa! if you don't like drag gin your pumpkin, stay on the pavement. or put it away!! sissy
trig n tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #52

Have you looked into picking your line and driving it not bouncing off everything throttle pinned? Cry baby

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
ughlee52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:49 AM   #53
RCC Addict

this thread has turned into nothing but trash talk. i think the guy got the clue. he last commented on 3-1, its now 6-5.

Last edited by crawler nut; 06-05-2012 at 03:35 AM.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

What a bunch of rude boys, who would imagine that a lot of dorks that play with toys would be so rude
Pabust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:44 AM   #55
RCC Addict

Quote:
What a bunch of rude boys, who would imagine that a lot of dorks that play with toys would be so rude
hey you play with them to. just take it as lesson learned and leave it at that. not going to get a whole lot of love in this forum asking for a 6" plus 2.2 tire. most are going to tell you to go buy a super. just how it is. i have more fun on 4.9's than my 5.5's.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:22 AM   #56
Old guy

Quote:
Unfortunately if i want to climb a stair for example i can't do anything if i can't increase ground clearance, i know that driving technique is very important but there are ocassions that even that won't work. Besides i like big tires so if i can get them, why not?
Unfortunately i can't get them
You can get them, but you don't want to pay for what you want. So don't say you can't.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:25 AM   #57
Old guy

Quote:
School is out for summer.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:40 AM   #58
Quarry Creeper

I would love to have a set of 6" tires too. You guys make it seem so wrong to want bigger tires.
Duramarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:45 AM   #59
Quarry Creeper

If you want bigger tires buy 17mm hex adapters and run 40 series tires and wheels.
SkinInc69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:36 AM   #60
RCC Addict

They make 9" Rok Lox. hahahahaha.... Well at least they used to. I had a set on my old super. Is that big enough for you guys?

Taller tires - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Standard foams for taller tires..(2.2) Biscuit Tires and Wheels 5 04-07-2009 07:00 PM
Taller 2.2 tires .... thoughts? Locked Up Tires and Wheels 15 10-26-2008 09:35 PM
making shorter tires taller yukon635 Tires and Wheels 1 06-01-2007 08:46 PM
Need taller tires fireexplorer19 General Crawlers 19 07-16-2006 09:20 PM
Taller tires for free!!!! SR5Dave Tamiya Clod Buster 2 04-25-2004 09:29 PM