Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Too much articulation wtf?!!?!?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Too much articulation wtf?!!?!?

O.t. I dig trying different things A+ on this idea wonder how it would work if you could cross the shocks (front left and right rear)[/QUOTE]

I thought about that, but no real way to criss cross efficiently. I tried to use cantilevers with 4 shocks, but again space was a huge issue. I ended up running kicker shocks to the front levers. This helped, but again... A 2.2 Honcho would still pull lines I could'nt.

I hav'nt given up on this, just needed a break. My next try will involve swaybars. I just need to figure out how they will work effectively without limiting articulation[/QUOTE]

Interesting.. Could something similiar be setup using the wraith axles? I'm assuming they are wider than what was used there. Also, a lower COG might help in the stability?

Is there another thread for this build floating around?
Sevastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #62
Scale Detail Engineering

you should check out the old PTI forum, lot's of cantilevers: RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech - PTI Goliath at RCCrawler.com

Last edited by johnnyh66; 03-12-2012 at 07:55 PM.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevastra View Post
O.t. I dig trying different things A+ on this idea wonder how it would work if you could cross the shocks (front left and right rear)
I thought about that, but no real way to criss cross efficiently. I tried to use cantilevers with 4 shocks, but again space was a huge issue. I ended up running kicker shocks to the front levers. This helped, but again... A 2.2 Honcho would still pull lines I could'nt.

I hav'nt given up on this, just needed a break. My next try will involve swaybars. I just need to figure out how they will work effectively without limiting articulation[/QUOTE]

Interesting.. Could something similiar be setup using the wraith axles? I'm assuming they are wider than what was used there. Also, a lower COG might help in the stability?

Is there another thread for this build floating around?[/QUOTE]

I dont think my set-up would work in a Wraith. Here was a post I saw a few months back that looked interesting for a Wraith
Something different, Axial Wraith, very unique ... look

As far as my rig, not so much a build thread but lots of pics and reasons why I did what I did.

My "Rube Goldberg" edition LCC (lots 'o pics)
GiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:09 AM   #64
Quarry Creeper

My 05 poser shots

Now where are those chicks...

For the record I'm not much of a crawler, I went with more travel because I belong to the beloved Church of Big Air and was looking for more "time" to absorb impacts. I have a Scorpion for crawling, makes the Wraith seem like a big, high cog'd turd. With that said there are a few lines at my house that the Wraith will make that the Scorpion can't.

Mr Perfect at the helm

Personally I think shock setup and weight distribution are more critical than the shear amount of flex. Not saying having alot of flex is bad but uncontrolled flex is useless.

Just my .02$
Cheers!
Speedweigand is offline   Reply With Quote

Too much articulation wtf?!!?!? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wtf losi micro with dig and 4ws wtf richardgarrett56 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 15 07-21-2010 04:47 AM
how much articulation Losi man Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 23 11-15-2009 01:54 PM
Wtf Wtf Wtf Lathe?!?!?! Nova Electronics 2 08-19-2005 08:31 PM