Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Mip thread!!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #21

Default Re: Mip thread!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckgnx View Post
Hi Eutace,
Been using your products since the Frog Diffs and Cox car diffys, and even the 4whl drive RC-10 conversions!! If you build them, we will come!! I'll take a set for sure. Ron Burgess, from Tehachapi.
This is Matt, wish I was the owner hahah but Eustace should be making an account to check everything out I'll tell him you said hi
MIP MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

I myself haven't broken any center shafts or cvd from MIP, people in here are breaking stock axles. Its always abuse or over power, I see it all the time at the store with any rig! I've talked to the local "guru's" in my club, they haven' t broken one yet either. I just want MIP to make axles for the wraith , I'd be happy. I'm not bashing MIP, I love your stuff! Its just hard getting a noob to eat $45 x 2 , when he or she just spent $400 on a rig.
Thanks
strykerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerjoe View Post
I myself haven't broken any center shafts or cvd from MIP, people in here are breaking stock axles. Its always abuse or over power, I see it all the time at the store with any rig! I've talked to the local "guru's" in my club, they haven' t broken one yet either. I just want MIP to make axles for the wraith , I'd be happy. I'm not bashing MIP, I love your stuff! Its just hard getting a noob to eat $45 x 2 , when he or she just spent $400 on a rig.
Thanks
so you are saying the stock motor is overpowered? and turning the wheels on flat ground is abuse?

Last edited by sloppy; 03-17-2012 at 11:57 PM.
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Nice to see a company taking the initiative to get some real feedback. Respect that.
Soulo747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #25

Matt just bought your drive shafts very well made bro.i would buy 3 sets of axles today if you had them.
diggers money pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:36 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

I would take 3sets myself
mtgrizzlymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulo747 View Post
nice to see a company taking the initiative to get some real feedback. Respect that.
x2!
cdnhobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:37 AM   #28
Rock Crawler

First of all I'd like to say thanks for coming on rcc to see what we have to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIP MATT View Post
Ya we figured out real quick that people were busting the AX10 axles really quick, it wasn't our design but axials platform we had to conform to and it just wasnt going to hold up like our name has always represented. Thats why we discontinued the project. We do have Wraith and AX10 drawings completed to replace the everything on the front including billet hubs, steering arms, CVDs, and everything that has to do with the front end would be MIP. The thing is we never went into production because the kit would have been around 165 retail and we didn't think they'd sell very well. We have also thought about changing the bearings in our traxxas models but with much discussion we decide that people would go through bearings because of the speeds they put them through. BUT these things arn't to fast so thats a great possibility .
My question is where do you draw the line between trying to work within someone else's platform or simply designing your own axle from the ground up?
spookyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:10 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulo747 View Post
Nice to see a company taking the initiative to get some real feedback. Respect that.
+1

I've owned MIP's for nearly every one of my 2wds since the RC-10GT was originally released! Glad to see I may be able to get them for my Wraith now!
Turn'Nburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Hi Matt. I bought some used driveshafts that were cut down shorter by the previous owner. Whats the minimum engagement between the male and female shafts that will function well? 1/4 in or better ok? Thats where Im at now, between a 1/4 and 3/8 inch. Thanks. - Jared

Sent from my Galaxy S using Tapatalk
J.DUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #31
Pebble Pounder

i hope you guys can make these as bulletproof as your driveshafts.

here is my hot racing uni. after 2.5 packs through it with 3500kv of brushless on 3s.
gabehunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookyseven View Post
First of all I'd like to say thanks for coming on rcc to see what we have to say.

My question is where do you draw the line between trying to work within someone else's platform or simply designing your own axle from the ground up?
We draw the line when we see a design flaw in anothers platform and we cant fix their problem even if we tried . Wraith and axial platforms are a specific example of this. We can slap in MIP axles but people will still break them thats why we discontinued the Axial axles.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.DUKE View Post
Hi Matt. I bought some used driveshafts that were cut down shorter by the previous owner. Whats the minimum engagement between the male and female shafts that will function well? 1/4 in or better ok? Thats where Im at now, between a 1/4 and 3/8 inch. Thanks. - Jared

Sent from my Galaxy S using Tapatalk
Yes a quarter inch should be fine.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabehunt View Post
i hope you guys can make these as bulletproof as your driveshafts.

here is my hot racing uni. after 2.5 packs through it with 3500kv of brushless on 3s.
We broke out the Wraith last week and are taking some measurements and brain storming some solutions for you guys.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:03 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:
We broke out the Wraith last week and are taking some measurements and brain storming some solutions for you guys.

That is the best news I herd for axles for the wraith. If MIP makes the axle for the wraith. You all will be flooded with order for this axle. Cant wait for this axle
mp3ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #36

officially my first reply.... to anything

i'm trully just a noob that just got into crawling 6 weeks back even though i wanted a crawler since the ax10, i now have the Wraith (From brand new) and i have to say this truck takes AMAZING abuse if anything you can make holds up like the stock stuff to the things i have put the Wraith through i'd be honoured to put your products on the beast

the only things that are stock that i broke were the bumper in 3 places a bumper support and the back left hand side of the cage, let alone the servo, all this happened before i got into doing simple mods on it
b_t_savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
We draw the line when we see a design flaw in anothers platform and we cant fix their problem even if we tried . Wraith and axial platforms are a specific example of this. We can slap in MIP axles but people will still break them thats why we discontinued the Axial axles.
the only reason the ax10 axles were breaking so bad is due to the metal being way to brittle. quality heat treated steel will hold up fine for most. i dont think you will have a problem with quality, as you guys machine some amazing high quality products. there is always something out there that has enough power and torque to break axles. even if they are equal to the axial uni's, if you can build them and keep them in stock you will have more orders than you can handle. your drive lines are second to none, made with good steel if you build shafts im sure they will be to. im hoping you guys start building these soon.

Last edited by crawler nut; 03-25-2012 at 12:38 PM.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Matt, I would love to see you guys do this. Could you possibly just make a bevel upgraded gears with locker added to what you guys mentioned? Possibly make the axles larger than the stocks out to the knuckles? I would upgrade front and rear if you guys offered it.
JasonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Ive got a question about the shafts. Im needing to switch over to the longer shaft and need to know if the pin just drives out to change the universal. Wanted to ask before I started beating on them.
offroad1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad1911 View Post
Ive got a question about the shafts. Im needing to switch over to the longer shaft and need to know if the pin just drives out to change the universal. Wanted to ask before I started beating on them.
Wouldn't recommend pounding em out

http://www.MIPONLINE.COM/pdf/inst/mip-inst-10145.jpg
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote

Mip thread!!!!!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which MIP stub axle will fit MIP AX10 center driveline cups ?? sweli General Crawlers 2 11-08-2011 06:59 PM