Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Mip thread!!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #61

Default Re: Mip thread!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorius View Post
Hi Matt,
I have been using MIP cvd's on my SCX10 for almost 2 years and they work great! Recently I want to extend my wheel base a little bit (20-30mm, or around 1"). The original rear cvd seems too short, is there a male bone that suitable for this mod?
We have a bone thats 104mm thats around 36mm longer than your male bone. 6mm aint much and if need be you can cut down the splines just as long as you have engagement and the bone doesn't bottom out on the end of female.

MIP Part # 9169
MIP MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #62

hi i am trying to find the functional lengths of the scx10 shafts. this is my first scaler/crawler and its all a scratch build not stock i think these would work for me but can not find dimensions anywhere. any feedback would be helpful.

Last edited by derowens88; 06-07-2012 at 08:32 PM.
derowens88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:39 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by derowens88 View Post
hi i am trying to find the functional lengths of the scx10 shafts. this is my first scaler/crawler and its all a scratch build not stock i think these would work for me but can not find dimensions anywhere. any feedback would be helpful.
What lengths do you need? Send dimensions and everything to matt@miponline.com and cc brandon@miponline.com
Old 07-30-2012, 01:51 AM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Apologies for going slightly off topic, do you have any distributors for your shafts in the UK?
Tonysmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIP MATT View Post
What lengths do you need? Send dimensions and everything to matt@miponline.com and cc brandon@miponline.com
Do you offer or thought about offering, a 'builders' kit for custom length drive shafts?
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:11 PM   #66
Pebble Pounder

I'd like to see possible extra holes for the pins in the ball cup of the bones so we can get a little more life out of them. I'm running your wraith center drive shafts in my custom truck with a Tekin Pro4 3300kv on 3s and my pins seem fine (haven't measured them with my calipers) but the holes in the cup are becoming ovals and developing a little slop. I'm going to rebuild them but I really don't want to have to replace the bones or the drive hubs yet.
I've only run them this summer. They are not too bad yet but I'd almost rather be breaking pins or wearing them out first.
I have to say great products, definitely worth every penny.
Glad to see you here....
LuckyDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonysmini View Post
Apologies for going slightly off topic, do you have any distributors for your shafts in the UK?
I asked our sales guy if we did and he said 'Yes'. LOL hope that helps.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
Do you offer or thought about offering, a 'builders' kit for custom length drive shafts?
We are working on sheets that show lengths of each bone and such so custom builders have a reference.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:03 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDevil View Post
I'd like to see possible extra holes for the pins in the ball cup of the bones so we can get a little more life out of them. I'm running your wraith center drive shafts in my custom truck with a Tekin Pro4 3300kv on 3s and my pins seem fine (haven't measured them with my calipers) but the holes in the cup are becoming ovals and developing a little slop. I'm going to rebuild them but I really don't want to have to replace the bones or the drive hubs yet.
I've only run them this summer. They are not too bad yet but I'd almost rather be breaking pins or wearing them out first.
I have to say great products, definitely worth every penny.
Glad to see you here....
Thanks for the input
Old 08-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #70
THW
Rock Stacker

I like the make your own kit idea and would it be possible and feasible for a teflon coating for new shafts?
THW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #71
RCC Addict

I just came across this thread and am in the process of trying to figure out what to do for drive shafts. Anyway, I also see you guys are also working on some CVD front axles? Is this still a plan now that some of the other vendors are providing some solutions as well? I was just going to go with Axial universals and then a set of MIP shafts MIP Spline Center CVD™ Kit, Axial Wraith but if there's a better option than the stock stuff, but not as expensive as the other option I would be more inclined to do that.
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #72
RCC Addict

You know what would be nice, A link/axle mount that didnt require the 2 3mm bolts to go all the way through the axle housing. Thus enabling use of bigger axle shafts.

I<3 my MIP drive shafts.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #73

Hello Matt. The biggest issue I've had with MIP CVDs is the pin falling out. Other than that I love them. Really hatted twisting shafts all the time and the MIPs solved that.
JKJEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:39 AM   #74

Love these driveshafts they are best in the biz but what can i do to stop the squeaking, without making grinding compound or slinging grease.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:42 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKJEDI View Post
Hello Matt. The biggest issue I've had with MIP CVDs is the pin falling out. Other than that I love them. Really hatted twisting shafts all the time and the MIPs solved that.
Red Locktite on set screw!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Red Locktite on set screw!
That and/or grinding a small flat on the pin if it doesn't have one already (old stock). Recently picked up a set of dig shafts with the old shiny pins not the darker, hardened pins with a flat machined in the center.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Love these driveshafts they are best in the biz but what can i do to stop the squeaking, without making grinding compound or slinging grease.
What works for me is when building them, do them dry but add the red loctite for the set screws after a bath in alcohol. Let it cure overnight at the least. Then add your lubricant of choice.

Initially I liked the resistance to dirt of the silicone based stuff but it seemed to wear parts more. Now I'm partial to just squirting 3-in-1 in the joints after a thorough cleaning with electrical motor cleaner every other run or so.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
What works for me is when building them, do them dry but add the red loctite for the set screws after a bath in alcohol. Let it cure overnight at the least. Then add your lubricant of choice.

Initially I liked the resistance to dirt of the silicone based stuff but it seemed to wear parts more. Now I'm partial to just squirting 3-in-1 in the joints after a thorough cleaning with electrical motor cleaner every other run or so.
Thanks for the feed back. Ill try that. Guess just cant get around endless cleaning. but still cant beat them...love em'

Mip thread!!!!!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which MIP stub axle will fit MIP AX10 center driveline cups ?? sweli General Crawlers 2 11-08-2011 06:59 PM