Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: New wraith turns on but wont run. Please help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #21

Default Re: New wraith turns on but wont run. Please help

im confused. can you explain that again? what is rx? is that the esc, the transmitter that the battery hooks up to? its hard to see inside there to see any lights at all but what i thought i saw was a yellowish light blinking
4RUNNERMARC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

The reciver in the box in the truck
chizmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:26 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

The radio is what you hold in your hands. Inside the battery compartment is the battery tray that holds the 4 AA batteries. Make sure that battery tray is plugged into the radio. There's a small red plug. The Rx is the receiver which is inside the box under the hood. When you turn your radio on, a red light should light up on the receiver. If there's no light, make sure the two wires going into the receiver are plugged in correctly. You should have one coming from the speed control that goes into the throttle slot and one coming from the servo that goes to the steering slot. Are you getting a solid green light on your radio or is it flashing?
dunerinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

On the transmitter turn thro arrow pointing left turn everything off and and back on see if that works
chizmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #25

thnaks again for the helpful advice. yes i would imagine the the tray is plugged into the radio otherwisw i wouldnt get any light on right?? ill have to take that box off to see if that red light comes on or not. im guessing your asking me if that green light is coming from the vented little box sitting on the back towards the firewall. isnt that the servo or im i an idoit? lol if so, its a flashing light
Old 03-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #26

again ill have to try all of this when i get off work in about 20 mins
Old 03-23-2012, 09:47 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RUNNERMARC View Post
thnaks again for the helpful advice. yes i would imagine the the tray is plugged into the radio otherwisw i wouldnt get any light on right?? ill have to take that box off to see if that red light comes on or not. im guessing your asking me if that green light is coming from the vented little box sitting on the back towards the firewall. isnt that the servo or im i an idoit? lol if so, its a flashing light
The vented box in the back near the firewall is the ESC

OK, remove the 4 screws from the hood, and set it aside.
See the black box with the antenna sticking out?
Take the rubber cap off of the antenna.
Turn the truck over.
Looking at the bottom side of that same black box, remove the 3 1.5mm screws.
Turn the truck back over.
Lifting the front of the box so that the antenna post can slide under the cross tube, slide the box toward the front of the truck and into the open.
Remove the 4 1.5mm screws from the top cover.
Lift up the cover so that you can see the RX (receiver)
Turn on your transmitter, and then the switch on the truck.
The LED light on the RX should light up green.
If it does not light up, or lights up red, there is a problem.
If it does not light up, it is not getting power.
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #28

wow awesome step by step. I do appriciate that, very helpful indeed. ok when I get off work in 10 mins thats what ill do. will you be up if I need to contact you, or can I?? Is that ok??
Old 03-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #29
Rock Stacker

Quote:
wow awesome step by step. I do appriciate that, very helpful indeed. ok when I get off work in 10 mins thats what ill do. will you be up if I need to contact you, or can I?? Is that ok??
Yeah, thats cool. I dont like to talk on the phone much as Im usually listening to music and such, but I will PM you my number and you can text me.
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #30

ok wow great. ok im leaving to go home to work on this dam thing now. lol thanks for everyone help again
Old 03-23-2012, 11:22 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Oh boy...........Hey don't call me tonight, call me tomorrow. I'll pm ya my #...
ridepate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #32

Just a thought...What type of battery are you using? The RTR's come with the lipo cutoff turned on. If you are using the miHm battery with the lipo cutoff turned on, you will get lights but it won't move. It's what I experienced with mine. The easiest way to turn the cutoff off is with a castle link. At one time there was a post here that showed how to do it without the castle link but I couldn't find it.

Hope it helps.
Dusty_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_G View Post
Just a thought...What type of battery are you using? The RTR's come with the lipo cutoff turned on. If you are using the miHm battery with the lipo cutoff turned on, you will get lights but it won't move. It's what I experienced with mine. The easiest way to turn the cutoff off is with a castle link. At one time there was a post here that showed how to do it without the castle link but I couldn't find it.

Hope it helps.
I have a nimh battery that I throw in from time to time and it works perfectly fine with the lipo cutoff turned on.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:12 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Have you fixed it yet? If not lmk what color lights are on. I need to know what color light is on in the esc and if it is blinking or solid the esc is the vented box at the firewall I need to know what color light is on on the receiver which is in the sealed box under the hood middle of the front. Also what battery are you useing what voltage how many cells and lipo nimh or what. There have been issues with them not being binded from factory like they should be and there have also been issues with people putting the wrong batteries in them and causeing issues along with a few other things.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:55 PM   #35

no i have not fixed it yet. it soo frustrating. spent like a few hours last night messing with it. with help ive come to the conclusion that theres somthing wrong with the transmitter. i tried binding it, the reciever blinks red, and the esc is blinking either yellow or green. im slightly color blind so that dosnt help.lol im using a nimh battery and i was told that it should work just fine. it works perfect for all my other axial rigs
Old 03-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
no i have not fixed it yet. it soo frustrating. spent like a few hours last night messing with it. with help ive come to the conclusion that theres somthing wrong with the transmitter. i tried binding it, the reciever blinks red, and the esc is blinking either yellow or green. im slightly color blind so that dosnt help.lol im using a nimh battery and i was told that it should work just fine. it works perfect for all my other axial rigs
As long as it is a 7.2v nimh that shouldnt be the problem. I know of other people that have had issues with running bigger batteries without a bec on stock electronics. If the light is red on the receiver you are not binding it correctly or there is a problem with the receiver or the transmitter which you said you think it is the transmitter. I would be calling Axial first thing Monday and go ahead and send them an email now. Hopefully that won't take as long as the stuff I have been waiting on from them for well over a month now. You could probably refer this thread in your email to help them speed up the process and not try to do more troubleshooting with you.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #37

thanks for the help man. I do appriciate that. yes i think ill email them now. I left them 2 voice mails yesterday but noone called me back. go figure right? i assume there closed on the weekends? how is there customer service btw?
Old 03-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
thanks for the help man. I do appriciate that. yes i think ill email them now. I left them 2 voice mails yesterday but noone called me back. go figure right? i assume there closed on the weekends? how is there customer service btw?
Customer service has been pretty good its just the fact that they don't have any parts to send out right now cause of the change over. Here is the number and the guy I have been dealing with.
Scott Kerkes

Phone: 949-600-8642 Ext: 4
Fax: 949-600-8645
Old 03-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #39

WOW, great!! thanks again for all your help. I do appriciate that.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

I've found in the last two weeks that if you call Axial and try to get customer service, it won't happen. You can leave all the voicemails you want, but forget about getting a call back because it isn't going to happen. This is my experience at least. If you're going to call, just use Scott's extension. I'm waiting on a receiver. Hopefully that doesn't take forever to get.

New wraith turns on but wont run. Please help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawler wont run.. help please Jbone Axial AX-10 Scorpion 6 07-15-2011 11:46 PM
My mongoose wont run!! RickM Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 4 06-11-2010 11:45 AM
1/16 e revo overheated, now wont run..help BRUSHLESSAX10 Non Crawler RC's 6 02-03-2010 06:13 PM
Nylint wont run MIDZUKI General Crawlers 1 04-18-2006 02:10 PM
2 wont run at the same time we3jeepers General Crawlers 9 03-19-2006 09:57 PM