Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: C0bra's IFS wraith build!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default C0bra's IFS wraith build!

With all of the ifs wraith builds on here and wanting to do something to my wraith, ive decided to convert it to ifs using an exo chassis!

i got a list of parts that i would need to purchase seperately to piece it together, over 30 different part trees! while going to the lhs i decided that i would see if they happened to have an exo kit and what kind of deal they could give me. well they didnt have one, so they tried to order one. no luck, because axial discontinued them! so i grabbed my parts list and went through the axial box to see what parts they had that i could use, they only had the toe blocks and shock tower! However they did have arms. i was able to start ordering the parts before they closed.

since they close at 6 on tuesdays i decided to drive out to hobbytown which is 20 minutes further away to try my luck there. when i got to the rc area they just happened to have a kit! it was listed at $255 though so i asked what kind of deal they could give me. the guy dropped it down to $212 after tax. so i put it on layaway so that they would hold it for until i can get the money to pay it off.

Now to the wraith. its just a plan boring kit wraith that i got used for a good price. the only upgrade it has are strc c hubs and i modded the cage to make it look like a fast back. not much has happend to it since the pic was taken other than i painted it blue

im planning to make my wraith look similar to brandons but with less bling and closer to stock rear suspension. the reason i want to do it this way is just to make it look diferent. most of the ifs wraiths ive seen have both bumpers, and i think it looks cleaner with just the exo one.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: C0bra's IFS wraith build!

Hmm, I might be interested in some of those extra Exo bits and pieces you're going to have if you're interested in dumpin them.
forty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:03 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty2 View Post
Hmm, I might be interested in some of those extra Exo bits and pieces you're going to have if you're interested in dumpin them.
sorry im going to keep them and build the exo back up when money allows me to

Old 10-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
RCC Addict

well with winter coming up im going to build the exo and use the stock screws and bearings for the ifs and piece the ifs together. im going to try and get the chassis cut soon though so its done before it starts to snow

Old 11-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Default C0bra's IFS wraith build!

not much of an update but i took the light bar off of the exo and put it up front, still needs leds though which will come later.

also i moved the front axle out back. i still need to flip the axle itself and cut the chassis brace to regain the travel i lost

also i will be getting a proline bronco body for this within the next month or so

Last edited by c0bra; 11-26-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Looking good now u need a psycho looking driver kike from resident evil or something
Mr Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hyde View Post
Looking good now u need a psycho looking driver kike from resident evil or something
yea it will need one. im getting a good deal on most of the exo parts that i need for the conversion, and a set of foams that will work in pitbull rock beast tires.

hopefully they will be able to send it up here soon so i can get this beast closer to being done.

im going to run strc knuckles and hubs, hopefully in gun metal to match the c hubs on the rear axle, as well as a set for my exo.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #8
RCC Addict

i was told they were getting the stuff ready to ship today, and it should be on its way in the next day or 2 so i should have it by sometime late this week or early next week

Old 12-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #9
RCC Addict

still waiting on the parts to get here but i did find a servo wire extension that is long enough to reach the rx. i wont know for certain though until the exo front end is on and the electronics are mounted.

if anybody has an under the hood shot of an ifs wraith can you please post it or a link to it?

Old 12-18-2013, 05:55 AM   #10
RCC Addict

i finally got the parts in from florida. i will take the wraith apart today if i have time and get it ready to drill the holes to mount the exo chassis. tonight i will try and mount the tires and foams ti the lcc wheels.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Are you gonna make rear steer selectable or exponential. Or is it gonna be always on and same steering as the front?
Tgates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgates View Post
Are you gonna make rear steer selectable or exponential. Or is it gonna be always on and same steering as the front?
it will be selectable and the same as the front. im using a 4pl and futaba receiver

Old 12-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #13
RCC Addict

there is a big update coming when the rims come in! for a sneak peak if you have a slash 4x4 or stampede 4x4 slipper diff sitting around the parts for the slipper and spur gear will fit the wraith trans

C0bra's IFS wraith build! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mad Skinz Terra-Wraith IFS Build scottanthony Axial Wraith 38 03-06-2014 01:59 PM
ifs wraith build question c0bra Axial Wraith 8 02-13-2014 03:03 PM
Szczerba's IFS Wraith Build #2 Szczerba Axial Wraith 22 01-16-2014 11:59 AM
Real-time IFS Wraith build. JasonInAugusta Axial Wraith 66 10-12-2012 01:59 AM
c0bra's.......wraith! c0bra Axial Wraith 32 08-18-2012 09:16 PM