Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Spawn vs. Poison Spyder?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2015, 04:51 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Spawn vs. Poison Spyder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomphish View Post
I looked for ages and went the spawn mainly because it had better electronics and was about $100 cheaper (in Australia)..
The electronics in the Spawn are inferior to the older Poison Spider. The AE-2 is a Castle product, with full programming via castle link. The AE-5 is throw away China junk.

The motors are the same. The Tactic TX/RX has one more channel, but feels terrible in my hand.
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2015, 10:47 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslin View Post
The electronics in the Spawn are inferior to the older Poison Spider. The AE-2 is a Castle product, with full programming via castle link. The AE-5 is throw away China junk.

The motors are the same. The Tactic TX/RX has one more channel, but feels terrible in my hand.
I don't need programing and as it's "china junk" and take all the wether abuse that its taking at the moment then for junk it seems pretty good and I like the fact if I needed to,, maybe just maybe change the drag I don't need a "link".. the controller feels fine in my hands and the last outing was 3 hours, but this would be personal as I had an original wraith RTR when it was released and didn't like the controller that came with that, in any case we're talking something that costs less than a 6 pack of beer so to complain about that is a bit............
as for the motors meh..
fantomphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 11:02 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

I like the Tactic controller, small, light, and only takes 4 batteries, cheap too. Mines taken a beating (and a swim) so far.

The AE-2 is a good ESC, I don't care for the AE-5 at all.
HahnsB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 02:39 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drm31078 View Post
I agree....I will have a better chance getting my permission slip signed by the boss with an RTR I think. Ha!
Go for it! Early last year, I bought an SCX10 Jeep Wrangler kit that ended up sitting under my bed for months, because my energy and focus was diminished by work and a hyperactive 2 yr old toddler. Seeing that I was going to miss out on the entire summer season if nothing changed, I sprung for an RTR Deadbolt, which allowed me to get out right away, and start learning the ropes. I had a blast for the following 4 - 5 months, and taking it apart for maintenance and upgrades really helped me prepare for building that SCX10 kit (stowed under my bed), which I did at Christmastime. RTR's are a great way to jump into the hobby and get a taste for it.

Speaking of Wraith selections and preferences, I, myself, will be opening up a Wraith Spawn kit tomorrow morning...Can't wait!!
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 07:55 PM   #25
RCC Addict

I have an original wraith kit under my bed. I already have another one that is built with 4WS
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Spawn vs. Poison Spyder? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poison Spyder or Spawn Horton1 Axial Wraith 23 02-03-2015 09:16 PM
Jeep JK poison spyder -Arctic spyder ver.- extremerc1 1.9 Scale Rigs 24 04-02-2014 07:11 AM
BB-51 Poison Spyder Red Rockcrawler 2.2 Scale Rigs 28 11-09-2008 10:51 AM