Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2018, 03:07 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Wraith issue

I’m having a problem maybe someone can help with. Stock everything, except I put in an axial 27t to replace my toasted 20t and 7 cell Nimh. (I’m going to change gearing). When I pull the throttle, it intermittently goes great, doesn’t go, and creeps up to full speed. Reverse is the same. Also, when it is going good and I turn it loses power very quickly and stalls to a stop. It doesn’t have enough torque to even climb a curb either. I went through the drivetrain completely and found no issues. Now the big deal here I think is I removed the driveshafts and it acts exactly the same. Motor/trans only and it’s intermittent with nothing, creep up slowly, and full speed. I checked slipper and mesh 3 times. I can’t find anything wrong. Any ideas?
Nastyn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2018, 03:30 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Wraith issue

Obviously an electrics problem. Dying ESC? Motor brushes worn out? Try the other motor again?
Ninomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 06:32 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Try without the steering servo connected, if you have power, then you may be have brown outs, and may need a bec

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
Stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:32 AM   #4

Also check that the ESC is set for NiMh/NiCd not Lipo? Just a theory but easy to check

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
DeadboltCrawler25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:42 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

The brushes could be stuck inside the motor try tapping on tbe outside of the motor usaly a.light tap will free them up i have that propblem alot or maybe the esc is set.for lipo batterys and you dont have enuff juice to keep the esc happy in lipo mode the esc has a voltage cut off the nimh battery settings dont and the nimh batterys have a much higher voltage drop so if your running lipo settings at full throtle you could.be using enuff voltage that the battery voltage drops below the cut off then once the battery recovers it will go again
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 01:20 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Motor is brand new. I replaced it because one of the brushes in the old 20t was dislodged/physically damaged. I did disconnect servo and tried that. I’m going to get a bec but was hoping that wasn’t the issue since it was stock servo. I have a better servo, but was waiting until I had a bec to install. And I think you guys got it with Lipo mode. I never switched it to nickel. I need a castle to check it and program for nickel. The beeps were a pain for me. Is it easier than I think programming with the beeps?
Old 08-06-2018, 12:51 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

It was lipo mode. Running good now. I thought with a fully charged 8.4 volt nimh it wouldn’t be an issue until it was low, but it didn’t work right even fully charged. Thanks for the help fellas.

Wraith issue - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wraith issue - help gtstang03 Axial Wraith 3 08-19-2015 11:49 AM
wraith electrical issue ((RC4LIFE)) Electronics 16 04-17-2014 06:09 PM
Wraith steering issue crawler2.2 Axial Wraith 20 07-26-2013 05:15 PM
Wraith Issue My(2)Cents Axial Wraith 4 06-22-2013 06:30 PM
Wraith ESC/Rx issue lcbsc Electronics 1 11-14-2011 12:16 PM