Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: DT's UGC Viper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #21
RCC Addict

I got the Hotwire, see ya after work tomorrow!
Tydl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2010, 12:04 AM   #22
Tossin' Salad

Sick! Subscribed.

Richard, your 7950 looks tired.

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:03 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_JoNeS View Post
Sick! Subscribed.

Richard, your 7950 looks tired.

Casey
Looks are deceiving, it works fine! But the case is beat up from being exposed on my AX10...

Last edited by DickyT; 10-05-2010 at 07:05 AM.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:25 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tydl View Post
I got the Hotwire, see ya after work tomorrow!
Hey wade or richard, just what does the Hotwire change, compared to the on board settings?

Last edited by billj; 10-05-2010 at 07:30 AM.
billj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by billj View Post
Hey wade or richard, just what does the Hotwire change, compared to the on board settings?
The Hotwire gives more advance tuning option on throttle curve and other features. I'm unsure which as I have not plugged one in yet.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:30 AM   #26
RCC Addict

The hotwire really is great for the tekin but I must say I was less than impressed with the braking on the tekin. I went through two of them before coming to the conclusion that the only real way to run a tekin is set up with a super high quality motor. The CC MMP and Castle link are so much more impressive, well and larger.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:48 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
The hotwire really is great for the tekin but I must say I was less than impressed with the braking on the tekin. I went through two of them before coming to the conclusion that the only real way to run a tekin is set up with a super high quality motor. The CC MMP and Castle link are so much more impressive, well and larger.
I have two very high quality motors!

Holmes matched pair 35 turns
Old 10-05-2010, 09:54 AM   #28
RCC Addict

My only problem with the HH motors is it does nothing for my instant gratification/impulse buy shopping style. Having to wait on the Postman every day sucks!
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:59 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Everyone who has access to a hotwire and runs fxr / 's should update their speed controls with hotwire .
First, download the vegas version 208 from website :
http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire.html
Follow the instructions because you have to completely uninstall all files to do this. Just read the "How To".

Then after you have the new vegas 208 version of hotwire installed, plug in your esc. Then you will get a little box pop up in the lower right corner that says newer versions of esc software are available. Update to the newest version, version 30.

The reason to do this is that you will get a lot more steps in your throttle curve like a Holmes ESC. This will make it much easier to "creep" instead of that first few steps of throttle curve being so radical. You won't have to tune out throttle with your radio anymore.

Most of the other advantages of hotwire 208 are for brushless and on road, but as stated above, it really helps with crawlers too!

The update also gives you more steps of adjustment with hotwire
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rocker View Post
Everyone who has access to a hotwire and runs fxr / 's should update their speed controls with hotwire .
First, download the vegas version 208 from website :
http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire.html
Follow the instructions because you have to completely uninstall all files to do this. Just read the "How To".

Then after you have the new vegas 208 version of hotwire installed, plug in your esc. Then you will get a little box pop up in the lower right corner that says newer versions of esc software are available. Update to the newest version, version 30.

The reason to do this is that you will get a lot more steps in your throttle curve like a Holmes ESC. This will make it much easier to "creep" instead of that first few steps of throttle curve being so radical. You won't have to tune out throttle with your radio anymore.

Most of the other advantages of hotwire 208 are for brushless and on road, but as stated above, it really helps with crawlers too!

The update also gives you more steps of adjustment with hotwire

Great info thank you sir! I am a new Tekin convert, have been a Castle guy in all forms of RC for years, but they do not make anything this tiny
Old 10-06-2010, 01:43 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
Tiny goodness showed up today, buh bye Mamba Max

Too funny I was just thinking about ditching my MM too and getting a tekin for my FB... I gues great minds think a like!
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:47 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

A new final gear and my HR gears showed up today. Here's hoping this spool holds up a bit longer and the the HR gears do not crumble. I have had bad luck with their product in the past, but like testing things to see if they can hold up.

I will put the rig through the ringer on Saturday and hopefully come home intact.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

HR gears? I hope for your sake the XR gears are better than all there others
losichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:06 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by losichris View Post
HR gears? I hope for your sake the XR gears are better than all there others
They could not be any worse that the stock cast gears As I posted above the day I ordered them, they are a bandaid solution until a more reputable company comes out with a gear set. I'll find out Saturday if they can hold up to the abuse I can dish out.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:35 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Ooo curious to see where you go with this one. (auto subcribed)

I followed your lead with my ax10 FB, but I think it might be a bit before I decide to run an MOA...lol.
Nerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:50 PM   #36
No idea what I'm doing

Had to stop by and check out your wild links

Do you have problems with the ends of your motors exposed like that? I started beating mine up pretty quickly, and went with the 35mm film can cover. It covers the exposed end of the motor as well as the body.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:05 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

yea, protect you motors.....

i broke the endbell, bent a hood, crushed a brush and destroyed the brush wire.....

I got some of Cruzin's guards on order, and i also picked up some 5hr energy bottles.

they are perfect for now.
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Had to stop by and check out your wild links

Do you have problems with the ends of your motors exposed like that? I started beating mine up pretty quickly, and went with the 35mm film can cover. It covers the exposed end of the motor as well as the body.

Where do you find 35mm film cans anymore
clarkrw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:37 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

I have 5 hr energy bottles on them.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
A new final gear and my HR gears showed up today. Here's hoping this spool holds up a bit longer and the the HR gears do not crumble. I have had bad luck with their product in the past, but like testing things to see if they can hold up.

I will put the rig through the ringer on Saturday and hopefully come home intact.
My new spool and a spare showed up last night. My HR gear set hasn't showed up yet though. If I don't get them by Sunday, I will be comping with the Fastback again, glad she is still on the shelf.
If the gears show up, I am going to get them in the cases as soon as possible, as well as new Avid bearings, and I am going to go throttle happy. I figure if I break something it doesn't make me think about how much money I have already spent. Keep up the updates..
bigstu is offline   Reply With Quote