Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Limited's Y-Town BJ4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2010, 06:27 AM   #41
Gold Star Baby!

when you get your 4pk,,and want to make the throttle feel the way you want..go back to the castle link look for the throttle curve..fix the curve to your desire and copy the curve,,then load it to the othe esc..sounds like alot to do..I have been running the mamba mini for at least a year..great little esc
I currently run 2 in my moa..1 each in both my kids pro moas and 1 in my MRC
CRAWLER-DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2010, 06:07 AM   #42
RCC Addict

Seem I am getting alot of PM's about the mamba micro's and where I got them for $52.00 each. Now, when you go to check out you have to redeem a 10% discount using this code: "YAHOO10". Then I took the free shipping option and I had then within in 3 days. So, instead of filling my message box up here is a link.

$52.00 Mamba Micro Pro
limited77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:20 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

How is the Drag brake on them?
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:42 AM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
Excellent! As good as the FXR or better. IttyBitty has been running his for several weeks now and I have yet to see any issues with them what so ever.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:47 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
Jarod...I've been lovin mine so far. These little beauties are like a hidden treasure or something. They are smaller than the FXR and don't have the external capacitor to get in the way and aggravate ya to death trying to solder it and the wires on the posts. They use the Castle Link software which most people have for their BEC's so it saves another $25 by not needing the Hotwire interface. I know you don't have to have the Hotwire, but we all know its easier to deal with if you do. I spoke with Castle about these ESC's before I purchased them. They wanted to stick with their specs saying they were recommended for a 55T motor on a crawler. They wouldn't provide a solid amp rating for them, but when you consider all of the variables that influence the amp draw its really unimportant to know what they can handle. Your battery pack will determine what the maximum amp draw "could" be from what I understand now. Just as my conversation with their tech line was wrapping up I just asked them "do you think they'll be ok with my setup?" (Brood LE 45T and either 1300 or 800 3S 25-30C packs). They replied simply saying they didn't see why not. Obviously I can't hold that against them, but after seeing Ol' Gravy's rig running these and a few others without issue...the $52 was a really easy choice!

Sorry for the novel...
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:44 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited77 View Post
Seem I am getting alot of PM's about the mamba micro's and where I got them for $52.00 each. Now, when you go to check out you have to redeem a 10% discount using this code: "YAHOO10". Then I took the free shipping option and I had then within in 3 days. So, instead of filling my message box up here is a link.

$52.00 Mamba Micro Pro
thanks for the links!!....sadly I was too late....I could only get 1...the other one was back ordered....
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:04 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
5x8, 5x9, and 5x10's have gone!!!

How many of each of these needs to be order to complete both axles?
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:07 AM   #48
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by saydee1800 View Post
How many of each of these needs to be order to complete both axles?
6 flanged 5x9x3
8 regular 5x8x2.5
ol' gravy leg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Ordered up the new VP cases. Also ordered the lockouts while I was at it.

Get them before they are gone!

Last edited by limited77; 12-23-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:59 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Been working on the steering here. I am trying to figure a way to move it back without jacking it up in the air. I did angle it for the time being kinda like Greg's.

I cut up some new panels. I still like the all white the best but I want to paint some up like my old moonbuggy. ittyyBitty also hooked me up with some motor guards.

Slight resemblence yet I believe my XR10 outperforms my old berg hands down.

Still on the to do list:
Move battery to axle
New wheels so I can install my VP knuckles.
Servo relocation
"Turkey Crawl"
Old 11-18-2010, 08:30 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Looking great! Have you made any attempts at moving the battery yet? I still haven't come up with something I like.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:58 AM   #52
RCC Addict

Quote:
Looking great! Have you made any attempts at moving the battery yet? I still haven't come up with something I like.
Thanks man! I am gonna work on the battery relocation today as I get some spare time here at work.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:30 AM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Looks good. I like the new panels and vinyl. You going to mount the battery on top of the axle? I tried attaching it to the motor but it hangs too far below the links for my liking.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:14 AM   #54
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Looks good. I like the new panels and vinyl. You going to mount the battery on top of the axle? I

Thats the plan. Probably something similar to the way Jeremy mounted his. That is the ideal location though I want some protection for the battery too.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:15 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

I had considered this idea...long winded I'm sure but follow me...

Use an AX10 servo mount or similar with servo mount posts along with one of the servo guards similar to what Crawler Innovations offers and then slide the battery in from the tranny side...I think that might be just the right size to kind of "clamp" the battery in there. There has to be a better way to go about what I'm thinking...and lighter too, but that's how I pictured it.

Whatcha think?
Old 11-19-2010, 08:31 AM   #56
RCC Addict

Quote:
I had considered this idea...long winded I'm sure but follow me...

Use an AX10 servo mount or similar with servo mount posts along with one of the servo guards similar to what Crawler Innovations offers and then slide the battery in from the tranny side...I think that might be just the right size to kind of "clamp" the battery in there. There has to be a better way to go about what I'm thinking...and lighter too, but that's how I pictured it.

Whatcha think?
Yep, sounds like we are on the same page. I have an older RC4wd dig servo mount I was thinking of trying in there. I have some delrin stock at home. Gonna kick around a couple ideas today and see what becomes of it; I will have this thing figured out today!
Old 11-19-2010, 08:50 AM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Well the key is to get the side of the battery closest to the tire as low as possible so that it clears the tire at full lock. If not, you have to mount it up higher on the tranny which kinda defeats the purpose.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Got some work done tonight with the battery relocation. I found something in my box that worked perfect. I trimmed it up a little bit and it mounted perfect. Still concerned with the vulnerability of the battery sticking out there but there again these are only $8 batteries so they can be disposable if need be. Still gotta sand the sharp edges down and then it should be finished. I thought it turned out pretty good myself.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:36 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

how much of an advantage is it with the battery there up front? ... a lot of people used to have that set up with the shafties cos of space limitations ....

for MOA's .... yes its easier to swap the batteries out but isnt the battery location of the beetlejuice somewhere upfront as well?

just curious if its that big of a deal with weight transfer?? balance???? etc??

thanks

oh ..... and the mounting looks real nice .... can you show pics of where you bolted it on??

thanks again
strawb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:25 AM   #60
Rock Crawler

The biggest advantage to moving it up there is all the unsprung weight you take out of the chassis. Allowing you to lower the center of gravity a tad as some chassis have it mounted pretty low. Moving the weight over the front tires which helps more on verts as well as allowing you to run a softer suspension on your truck since the weight won't be flopping around in the chassis causing weird affects.
ManiacMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote