Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Krawl's "SECRET AGENT" turned "DOUBLE AGENT"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #301
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Krawl's "SECRET AGENT"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTRDDZL View Post
I am surprised that the Violater hasn't referenced to any comparisons? He's usually pretty quick....
I thought there was already a build thread on that rig.... Del Monte's XR10 Build #1
I think you're missing a bit of information about this situation....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #302
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I am surprised that the Violater hasn't referenced to any comparisons? He's usually pretty quick....
I thought there was already a build thread on that rig.... Del Monte's XR10 Build #1

oh...wait,

your from utah

and i assure you that you might not want entice him to start putting folks in their place!

the chassis are nothing alike, if the side profile is what your trying to refer to, try this on for size.

its funny, yet sickening to me when i am at a comp and cant tell the difference between my chassis and others....

like i said i will have picks up soon.
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #303
RCC Addict

I've not had one of these Secret Agent's in hand, but I can assure you guys that its different for CDW's chassis. CDW doesn't hold the patent on a low slung chassis. Anyone is welcome to design one. Why does it seem Krawl is constantly under attack and there is a ton of bickering about who came up with what first. Go back and look at who was around first. Why don't you guys search Krawl's thread history and compare them to the imitators. The dates speak for themselves.

And for those of you who think I'm defending a friend, I've never even met the guy, just an active observer on RCCrawler.

Last edited by TC09mini; 03-02-2012 at 01:49 PM.
TC09mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #304
no talent hack

The tall cab is what is throwing everyone off. Jake, Rob, and I talked a bunch about possible cab designs for the rt. The big thing is that with such a low profile chassis you end up having to design a 2"+ tall cab just to meet legal dimensions. That is where most of the similarity comes from. I know Rob and Jake sent me multiple different cab designs and I replied to all of them "too pope mobile-ish". I personally think Jeremy did a great job with this getting the proportions to look right. Once everyone can look past the general shape, there are a lot if cool features he incorporated into it.
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #305
Pebble Pounder

I am only going off general side profile like you stated. I have always known Krawl to be the inventor of the bodiles and know his level of design and product testing is second to none. I am a firm believer that people want what performs well.... So obviously people are going to make there own versions of chassis that work. I am not one to usually post or start anything (usually just search build threads for info) just was thinking visually I seen similarities. That being said take it how you want. I think it looks awesome and most likely performs better. I am sure you will lay down a beating in St. George as usual this month. Just was making an observation of side profiles.
HTRDDZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #306
I wanna be Dave

thanks TC and nabil.

here are some pics. this is mine using the 1/32" lower plate.
first off you will see the double sheared upper link monts. this adds extreme rigidity to the sub section.

the next thing was to get the standard 3.5 chassis to the legal length. i added doublers to all the shock mounting areas to strengthen the mounting surface while addid minimal weight.

and the true inspiration( no offense jake) to the cab design. it is no secret that the x-citer rolls over better than anything.

i minimized the roof area and it is the xact height i ran it on the standard 3.5 chassis.

individual pieces...kinda shitty pic.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #307
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabil View Post
"too pope mobile-ish"

that's what I think when I saw Jake's cab, and this one too...

I really don't like the look, but if it perform more than a BJ, why not
I'm a huge fan of the Beetlejuice, it perform really well and it look nice (I'm waiting my 4.2 ) but next step, maybe a secret bodyless
dude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #308
I wanna be Dave

NICE, DAMN I WANT ONE!

Don't let the haters get you down, long live YTC!
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #309
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Don't let the haters get you down, long live YTC!
tackle'n fuel!!
Old 03-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #310
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabil View Post
"too pope mobile-ish".
I still remember at nats 2010 when we were ragging on eddies super and you coined that term....first thing I thought of also.

Oh ya and that means Jake and Jeremy must be copying Greg.

Super T1E Moonbuggy
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #311
I wanna be Dave

Looks awesome Jeremy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
I still remember at nats 2010 when we were ragging on eddies super and you coined that term....first thing I thought of also.

Oh ya and that means Jake and Jeremy must be copying Greg.

Super T1E Moonbuggy
God, that thing was ugly! LOL
TURBOFEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #312
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOFEST View Post
God, that thing was ugly! LOL
YES it was

Your chassis design elements and aesthetics are right on Jeremy
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #313
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I just thought of a game that works for some that may help you.

First, try this to warm up.

Sesame Street: One of These Things - YouTube

Then answer the same question with these...

Old 03-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #314
TSK
Shelf queen

Individually, the pieces look odd (minus the main sideplate) but together they look "WOW"

Decisions decisions. buy one of these, or make something for the Chimp?

OR

Buy one of these AND make something for the Chump
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #315
Rock Crawler

Quote:

michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #316
RCC Addict

Quote:

I don't bother to read the Xr section. I look at chit chat, for sale, and maybe the berg section. Besides I have learned that the guys who copy other peoples work are going to do it even if they do look like douche bags to the rest of the country. I guess they are just utarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawlfreak View Post

I don't hang out at your shop for a week and you go and do something like this. WHOOOO. I guess its like all parents think their kid is cute.

Proof not all kids are cute in case you were wondering. I am sure it works well, and I am also wondering when I need to drop my Berg off for you to update my car to this one. If you can't copy them, join them.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #317
RCC Addict

Quote:

It comes down to there are only so many ways to cut delrin, or carbon fiber. The CC is a copy of the BJ. The BJ (along with everyone else) copied the T1E slanted skid. Of course the T1E Rockshow was a hole for hole copy of the Kamikaze 3.5. The CDW copied the stock Losi shock standoff, which I believe is a copy of the gatekeeper chassis, which CC copied to make its mini chassis. WTF.

I will say Krawl was the one I saw to bend his links all over the place. Now everyone does it. He went the extra mile with a machined skid on the OG BJ, and mini BJ. I know the skid has been copied, but at least not the mini skid ( I guess since the people whom copied the 2.2 skid copied someone elses 1.9 they did not need to copy the bj mini skid.)

It just comes down to driver, and who you like more. I live closest to Krawl. I get lots of BJ's, and run a BJ chassis. If I lived near Nabil, I would use one of his throw away chassis like Tom. If I lived in Utah I would......pack up my magic underwear and move. Its all personal preference.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #318
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
It comes down to there are only so many ways to cut delrin, or carbon fiber. The CC is a copy of the BJ. The BJ (along with everyone else) copied the T1E slanted skid. Of course the T1E Rockshow was a hole for hole copy of the Kamikaze 3.5. The CDW copied the stock Losi shock standoff, which I believe is a copy of the gatekeeper chassis, which CC copied to make its mini chassis. WTF.

I will say Krawl was the one I saw to bend his links all over the place. Now everyone does it. He went the extra mile with a machined skid on the OG BJ, and mini BJ. I know the skid has been copied, but at least not the mini skid ( I guess since the people whom copied the 2.2 skid copied someone elses 1.9 they did not need to copy the bj mini skid.)

It just comes down to driver, and who you like more. I live closest to Krawl. I get lots of BJ's, and run a BJ chassis. If I lived near Nabil, I would use one of his throw away chassis like Tom. If I lived in Utah I would......pack up my magic underwear and move. Its all personal preference.
I agree, just thought comparing this car to the chump r/t was a bit of a stretch. It is funny when you put in on a timeline like that though...
Old 03-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #319
Pebble Pounder

I will be honest and say my main basis for comparison was the original skunkworks chassis. I thought that chassis dimensions was similar to the chump. I agree that this newset version is more compact and lower slung. It was the addition of the cab that had me seeing "visual" similarities. The similarities "visually" seemed to be the original debate about chassis. Do they all C.C./BJ and Jakes rig/3.5 have visual similarities... I personally think YES. Do they all have various differences that make them unique YES.
HTRDDZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #320
Rock Crawler

Enough already! Lets just see who can figure out how to drive these damn toy trucks on the rocks.

See you on the rocks.
winkscrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carbon fiber ftw, excellent machining, fanny packs rule!, purple baw sax, rc-trim, s.i.s.u** brood, smw, y-town crawlers

Krawl's "SECRET AGENT" turned "DOUBLE AGENT" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Secret Agent in Boston BC-Brian Axial XR10 21 01-16-2013 12:10 AM
My Secret Agent 3.5 luxenberg Videos! 7 11-13-2012 05:42 PM
Jakesy's Secret Agent 3.5 jakesy Axial XR10 76 06-16-2012 08:09 AM