Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Yin & Yang XR Build...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Yin & Yang XR Build...

Well... It's up to you.. lol... I run the vp xr stage one kit.99.99. it was cheaper then axial parts.. the steering has been awesome!

As far as the tie rod.. depends on ur chubs.. if you run them in the middle area.. bent tie rod

If you run the chubs the furthest clocked.. straight tie rod. This is my setup, its worked great an can't even see the chaotic ti tie rod when you look under the rig sitting level..

If you are goin to mod ur chubs to clock them even more, both work, bent is read to be good to turn the bend up into the motor/axle area, to stay out of the way
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 12:16 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

I followed JeremyH's setup since I'm going to be using Nordic's knuckle weights along with VP XR/Wraith Chubs and Wrath knuckles for more steering. Just put in an order for chaotic's bent tie rod. About to get some new D Lux wheels and I should be all set to begin the build!
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #23
E.Y. Designs

IDK if the Chaotic Tierod will work with the Wraith knuckles... I might be wrong but what I'd say is also get the Nordic Crawler design steering kit for the Wraith knuckles it has the tierod included with the kit.... just my $.02
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

It will work.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

For those of yall running Rowdy Racing's battery mounts I'm sort of on a toss up between if I want it behind the motor or directly on the axle front guard to offset the weight of my Hitec 7950 + Robitronic 1" servo arm + Rowdy's left notch servo guard. What do yall think?

I plan on using CBP 3s 850mah or the ever popular Gens Ace 3s 450mah packs. CBP's have treated me well on my sporty...Gens Ace has treated me well on my Losi M8 and also my 1/8 ebuggy.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:33 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Get both! Mount the battery on the axle and your electronics on the motor mount.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Get both! Mount the battery on the axle and your electronics on the motor mount.
Yep, that's my setup as well.. I got the front guard axle mount an bent the top over a little bit an my 450mah comp batteries just fit in the bend... I like it anyways..
Old 11-19-2012, 07:39 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Yep, that's my setup as well.. I got the front guard axle mount an bent the top over a little bit an my 450mah comp batteries just fit in the bend... I like it anyways..
Totally agree. Get both. I actually have the flat and front guard battery mount and 2 electronics mounts.
losiking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Uh ooohhhh....the power plants have arrived! Holmes Team Pro Flow 35T's w/upgraded bearings and BWD motor savers. Now waiting on the D Lux wheels, Nordic weights, and CC bent tie rod.

Still need to order VP chubs, Wraith knucks, different color rear lock outs, RR servo armor, robitronic arm, RR front guard battery tray, and either CBP or Gens Ace 3s lipos....help me decide on the packs!

The tranny cases, front/rear link mounts will run stock for now. However the CC Switch chassis I picked up off here might have had the uppers meant for the VP front/rear link mounts. How do I tell?
Old 11-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

This is goin to be one sick Switch! Nice motors... As far as the links, they may be the old special links.. but.. the fronts look like the stock ones an that's what I run with my front vp link mount. More room for ur electronics on the rr motor mount. The tears do look like the vp link mount links but should an will work just the same without.. lol, I have tested all these setups with both kinds of uppers an both link mounts, stock an vp.. ur good to go...
Old 11-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Great idea guys! Especially since my smashed mamba micro pros should fit easily on that plate. I guess the motor mounted electronics/battery plate without the notches for the velcro should be fine.

I'll run the front guard battery plate too and grab a left notch servo guard while I'm at it I guess. Hopefully he's got inventory!!
Old 11-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Son of a gun!! Hobbypartz sold out of their Gens Ace 450mah 3s packs!! I should have snatched up a few when I had the chance. $4 a pack?! Can't beat that!!

Anyways my Robitronic 1" arm, D Lux CF BL's, and VP stuff came in along with the CC bent Ti tie rod late last week. RR hasn't PM'd me back yet so I guess he's out of a lot of inventory. Waiting on the Nordic knuckle weights to throw on the VP Wraith knuckles I ordered.

I have not disassembled the rear gear box yet but the previous owner of this roller only did the 9mm bearing mod with what looks like sealed Avid bearings. I took apart the front gear box looks like he did the 9mm bearing mod in the front plate as well. Downside is all the front tranny gears are stock except he had an Axial Machined Lightweight 36T final gear. Is this stronger than stock or just lighter??

He has a bunch of stock tranny gear replacements still NIP I will probably sell. Just ordered 2 sets of rc4wd's steel tranny gears. Turns out the seller was wrong he said he had upgraded the rear tranny gears and not the fronts. Ah well still one hell of a deal on that roller!

Onto the pics:

Working on the D Lux CF BL's on Sedonas....previous owner had some sort of two stage foam setup in there definitely not CI. I'll try em out.

That's one sexy motor....

And her evil twin.........and so the Yin & Yang begins!

F'in VP.....parts why must everything look so sexy?! Even their freaking packaging is top notch! Is this where our money goes?! Lol.

That chassis is just too sexy not to post it again!

Now how am I going to do the Yin Yang symbols....there's gotta be some sort of decal you can apply to the inside of r/c lexan bodies....eBay time!

Last edited by alexchen86; 11-26-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

There is a vender on here that makes really good I side skins for lexan, she does amazing work. Well worth hitting up for something special

Check out
Krawler konceptz

Look in the vender section,in paints and bodies I think.
filotr14lsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:47 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Yup JeremyH highly recommends them as well...I've only contacted Rock Thrasher so far....how are skins any better than actual paint behind lexan? Won't the skins scratch and rub off if applied on the outside panels? And even if I put them inside is it difficult to get the air bubbles out since the side panels of the Chaotic Switch have a couple of sharp bend lines....
Old 05-26-2014, 09:39 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Wow can't believe I never completely finished this build before parting it out....kinda sad pulling out of comp crawling now. Just no time these days...might just hang onto my 2 Wraiths a 1.9 scx10 short course KOH setup and a 2.2 rock brawler.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:29 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexchen86 View Post
Wow can't believe I never completely finished this build before parting it out....kinda sad pulling out of comp crawling now. Just no time these days...might just hang onto my 2 Wraiths a 1.9 scx10 short course KOH setup and a 2.2 rock brawler.
This is sad. Seems like this segment is dead. I'm just going from shafts to XR and I love it. I'm running a switch chassis and love this thing. Just wish there was more interest.

Sent from a device I've used on the toilet.
jollyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Yin & Yang XR Build... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Yen, The Yang, The Bang Bang Fastback!! RickM Axial AX-10 Scorpion 67 06-05-2013 03:20 PM
S&R Pajero Build FuriousCal Tamiya XC/CC01 28 02-01-2010 01:18 PM
RcBros LCC Build, Hi-Res pics & More Build!! RcBro Team Losi Comp Crawler 30 06-03-2009 07:26 PM
New P4 chassis R&D build-up freetimecrawler Tamiya TLT Crawlers 23 06-23-2006 04:15 AM