Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: M_ENERGY's -- Remedy 3.5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #201
Rock Stacker

Default Re: M_ENERGY's -- Remedy 3.5

Did you make your own links ? and if so would you make another set ?? I want to order a Remedy and would like a tried design over just getting a set made from someone who might not have the same experience with chassis as you do .
thanks for your time
ThompsonPerogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #202
I wanna be Dave

Send BDN a message...he can probably help you out with the links.
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #203
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
Send BDN a message...he can probably help you out with the links.
He directed me to try M_ENERGY's and I really like the bends he has and if it works from him it should be good for me. and at this point I need to love my crawler again lol. I bought a special opps and I used it 5 times and the chassis broke in 2 places and the panels have almost no scratches. the remedy looks a lot more stout with the geometry looking leaps and bounds better. and at this point I have all top shelf running gear and a chassis that has failed me it all looks brand new still so so frustrating but my addiction is flaring up again so lets buy myself some Christmas gifts and start loving crawling again.
ThompsonPerogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #204
I wanna be Dave

Gotcha...only thing is M_ENERGY isnt a vendor...so thats why I directed you to BDN. They work together on these so figured that was the best route for you.
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #205
BDN
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThompsonPerogie View Post
He directed me to try M_ENERGY's and I really like the bends he has and if it works from him it should be good for me. and at this point I need to love my crawler again lol. I bought a special opps and I used it 5 times and the chassis broke in 2 places and the panels have almost no scratches. the remedy looks a lot more stout with the geometry looking leaps and bounds better. and at this point I have all top shelf running gear and a chassis that has failed me it all looks brand new still so so frustrating but my addiction is flaring up again so lets buy myself some Christmas gifts and start loving crawling again.
PM sent
BDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #206
Rock Crawler

Well I got to see a set of BmachineRC's links he is making for the Remedy 3.5 and they are nice!!! I have a set of lowers pretty much identical to what he will be offering

NOW! To my favorite part!! BDN dropped me off some real bling and performance that I am really excited about using! The one piece rear axle is one of my favorite upgrades.....I can't stand all the slop in the xr's especially the rear! They get better once they are shimmed out, but there is nothing to do about the locker engagement. These babies are virtually slop free! I will let the pics speak for themselves

Now for those who have seen my rig personally always comment on my fancy servo so here is a real nice pic of what a 7950 looks like when it gets broke in my rig is completely dirty from comping in the rain all day! So I definitely gotta tear it down and clean it up a little

M_ENERGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #207
RCC Addict

That rear axle looks fantastic. Very nice work there.
paystin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #208
Rock Crawler

Yes BmachineRC does very nice work!! He doesn't like any imperfections.....trust me!! Thats why I like everything that comes my way...I never doubt anything he lets me run
Old 12-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #209
Rock Crawler

Looking great Derrick have you gotten your new panels from David? How much does it weigh again. I do believe I've got the lightest Remedy now!!!
Monstergt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #210
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstergt View Post
Looking great Derrick have you gotten your new panels from David? How much does it weigh again. I do believe I've got the lightest Remedy now!!!
Yes I still gotta put my panels on and I do need to weigh it again. I have made a few more changes! BmachineRC cut me some CF beadlock rings and machined out the SLW's so add that with the 7075 rear axle not sure where I am at anymore. I do believe you have the lightest Remedy thats why I am bringing a fan to the next comp not even a big fan just a little pocket fan to blow your rig off the rocks J/K I wanna see how it performs being so light!!
Old 12-24-2013, 12:38 AM   #211
RCC Addict

More info on the axle? Does the gear need to be modified? I'm guessing it does. Got any pics of it without the gear on it?
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:21 AM   #212
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedtoRC1 View Post
More info on the axle? Does the gear need to be modified? I'm guessing it does. Got any pics of it without the gear on it?
Yes the gear has to be modified. I am not 100% sure, but BDN was looking into supplying the modified gear with the axle. Not sure on that so he may chime in.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #213
BDN
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Yes, The gear is milled out so the Straight Axle is a press fit into the gear. Then the gear is drilled and tapped for a 3mm set screw under each bearing.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:07 PM   #214
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDN View Post
Yes, The gear is milled out so the Straight Axle is a press fit into the gear. Then the gear is drilled and tapped for a 3mm set screw under each bearing.
Will the gear be offered with the axle?
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #215
BDN
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Will the gear be offered with the axle?
Well, Because of the press fit, it's almost gonna have to be. Once the testing is done and I'm sure it's going to be a reliable product, I'll work on sourcing out gears.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:02 PM   #216
Rock Crawler

Well I finally installed the rear one piece axle. Which is very simple and straight forward, but here is some pics

Everything came out to perfect dimensions. I slid the lockout on and it stops at the bearing and it is fully engaged on the axle housing. You can see the little brass bushing that is used to take pressure off the pin when tightening the wheel.

Ready for the wheel. The wheel hexes have to be drilled out to slide on the axle. Can't wait to comp this weekend and see some improvement in those tedious moments of crawling. I am sure at the spot we are using this weekend there will be several moments of near rollovers. So every little bit counts

Old 01-20-2014, 05:44 PM   #217
BDN
Quarry Creeper

Is that a NEW 1/4 drive ratchet i see in the background...
Old 01-20-2014, 06:16 PM   #218
Rock Crawler

Why yes it is :-) you wouldn't happen to have a spare one you wouldn't mind parting with would ya?
Old 01-20-2014, 06:44 PM   #219
BDN
Quarry Creeper

Old 01-27-2014, 11:28 AM   #220
RCC Addict

hey derrick the rig is looking really good has come a long way sence the last time I seen it
lowridinjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote

M_ENERGY's -- Remedy 3.5 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Rockbiter" (German, "steinbeisser", "stone biter") CarterFab General Scale Talk 54 06-10-2013 11:19 PM
BADDMANS C1 called 50Cal """XR10 up grade""" baddman 1.9 Scale Rigs 21 08-27-2012 11:56 PM