Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: chassis issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2016, 10:17 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default chassis issue

ok for those of you reading I just bought a new dominator 2 chassis from 5th dimension and while its awesome I also bought a link set from dlux fab for it and while it was for the bully 2.2 rtr I have I was wondering if i would be able to put the bully 2.2 rtr chassis on the xr10 since I would otherwise just have a chassis lying around if it did not fit and whether I would be better off putting which chassis on which crawler looking for feedback might should have posted this in the bully section but kind of a confusing topic either way I'm trying to put the 5th dimension chassis on the bully and the bully chassis on the xr is it would fit and how it would fit but the chassis links I bought from dlux look good on the lower links the upper are rather thin and wonder if that is normal for the uppers from dlux I have only done the one purchase and don't know from experience how they are any feedback is good feedback thanks.
Foxracer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2016, 04:47 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: chassis issue

Yes that's a normal thing fox...it's to shave some weight. All you need to do if things don't line up perfect is adjust or play with the rod ends. If they are too long cut them down....not long enough get a set of traxxas revo rod ends and replace them (I think that's what Erik uses) and you should be good. On what chassis goes where IDK what to say on that cause I don't have either :( but I know that they are both good!!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
dasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 06:01 AM   #3
Custom Carbon Fiber

I really cant make heads or tails of what your saying or asking but Ill try .........

Yes.

Any chassis will fit on any axle. You may have to do some link tuning by bending a little or using different rod ends to get to legal 12.5'' wheelbase if you plan on competing with it. Theres no certain way you have to build these trucks
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 09:29 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

ok you both answered my question it was more or less if i swap the bully chassis over to the xr10 would things line up for the most part i know link wise i might have to re fit or change a little but yea i knew the 5th dimension chassis would fit on either just hadn't seen any one really do it before and wasn't sure and the bottom links i got from dlux are the nice thicker ones that fit with the jato rod ends no problem but the upper are so thin or narrow that i don't know really what ends to buy for it i was kinda shocked they were so thin thought maybe they were for steering instead haha
Old 12-07-2016, 10:15 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Get the Traxxas rod end part #1942. They will work perfect for the Dlux uppers and give you options for length.
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:33 AM   #6
WAM
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
I really cant make heads or tails of what your saying or asking but Ill try .........
Yeah...now I know why they teach punctuation in school.
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 02:07 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Well as to the above^comment ha look at the time i posted this and think how does one sound at that time of day, but on another note i think i have figured out what i will do with both and try and post something on the two or at least show pictures.

chassis issue - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gcm jk chassis steering issue mtgrizzlymn General Scale Talk 0 12-10-2013 07:52 PM
Gelande Chassis Issue bryco13 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 10-10-2013 09:51 AM
TCS Edge Chassis Issue CountryChevy15 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 21 12-08-2011 09:45 AM
servo/chassis issue-please help pantablo 1.9 Scale Rigs 8 07-19-2008 08:59 AM
Stick with 4 link chassis to clod axle issue DrasticSports.com Tamiya Clod Buster 3 04-30-2007 11:40 AM