Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Yeti XL Single Lipo Mod Advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2016, 09:03 AM   #1

Thumbs down Yeti XL Single Lipo Mod Advice

I've read though several pages of threads on mods for my YXL and sifting through the keyboard-commando comments has finally forced me to create my own thread to find others like me needing advice in this area. With that said, PLEASE leave your attitude and immaturity for other threads. I'm 46 years old and over 20 years in the RC hobby and have no time and/or tolerance for personal attacks on others.

Now, on to the issue at hand....

I have piles of 6S lipo batteries from use in my 12S helictopers and I would like to use some of these 6S packs in my YXL. I see that there is plenty of room just in front of the ESC location to fit most all of my packs ranging from 2000 to 5000+mah packs that I already own. Has anyone devised a method of containing a single pack in this area already? And if so would you please share with me how you accomplished this?

Your input and advice is much appreciated. And once again guys, please keep this thread clean and sane so others may find it and help them in a modification of this type on their rigs.
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2016, 03:38 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Yeti XL Single Lipo Mod Advice

I run a aluminum bar (basher bar) under the front clip that I tapped out for shock tower supports.. a tray could be fastened to it and the weight box in the rear could be used to balance it out...
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 04:04 PM   #3

If you don't mind posting a pic of your rig I'm sure I can work out the rest with a shop full of $40K in Miller equipment and enough tools to supply a mechanic's shop.

Last edited by Savvy; 08-22-2016 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:23 PM   #4
I joined the Band!

Why wouldn't you just run two in parallel? balanced weight, Bonus run time, less voltage drop on hard launches.. All around a win if you ask me..
Capwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 05:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capwn View Post
Why wouldn't you just run two in parallel? balanced weight, Bonus run time, less voltage drop on hard launches.. All around a win if you ask me..
Availability of options. I have about 15 6S packs and I'd like to use them. But excellent question that is already covered in the OP.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:13 PM   #6
I joined the Band!

Dude, 6S in parallel with 6S is still 6S..

Learn the difference between series, and parallel..
Capwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:10 PM   #7
RCC Addict

This is a picture of my XLX tub but it shows the Basher bar... It could be modified for a battery tray... I plan on using two 6s packs as well lol
Old 08-22-2016, 07:15 PM   #8

I'm only looking to use 6S on my rig as it has been using up to this point. I'm just looking for ideas, etc on options to use all my 6S packs instead of the 2 x 3S packs up to this point.

I watched one of your videos and it seems that you have done a HUGE amount of work, machining and investing in yours and I'm looking forward to seeing the end result. Thank you for your input and I look forward to possibly leaning on you for other ideas after I've had a chance to watch some more of your YT videos.

You have my thanks.

Last edited by Savvy; 08-22-2016 at 07:16 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 08-22-2016, 07:30 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Thanks ! I'm so close I can taste it ... I had the OBA,4WS and other surprises all ruffed in and decided to buff out a few scratches and through on one more clear coat.. Long story short the LHS had the clear sitting on the shelf for 10 years that completely ruined my parts.... I've got everything back to square one... and better than ever... After experiencing the steering and sound come to life I can't express how happy I am with the outcome... I got the panels at the graphics shop for the Youtube tribute to the builders that truly power the industry...
Old 08-22-2016, 07:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarHarborBasher View Post
Thanks ! I'm so close I can taste it ... I had the OBA,4WS and other surprises all ruffed in and decided to buff out a few scratches and through on one more clear coat.. Long story short the LHS had the clear sitting on the shelf for 10 years that completely ruined my parts.... I've got everything back to square one... and better than ever... After experiencing the steering and sound come to life I can't express how happy I am with the outcome... I got the panels at the graphics shop for the Youtube tribute to the builders that truly power the industry...
Being the proud daddy of your own creation is a wonderful feeling indeed. Congratulation on getting near the end of your dream and I wish you nothing but smiles and good times ahead my friend.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:35 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Ive been contemplating on welding my latch closed and making a drop slot through the top of the battery compartments for accepting 4s / 6s for parallel or series ..

Last edited by BarHarborBasher; 08-22-2016 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:09 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Pro Mod Steve PM me the same gracious offer the other day as well !! Thank-you very much for the offers guys !! I'll defiantly keep it in mind ! What a great community ! Most of the time...
Old 08-22-2016, 08:15 PM   #13

Cool Re: Yeti XL Single Lipo Mod Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarHarborBasher View Post
Pro Mod Steve PM me the same gracious offer the other day as well !! Thank-you very much for the offers guys !! I'll defiantly keep it in mind ! What a great community ! Most of the time...
The community of this hobby as well as the comradery of good people are all around us my friend. Stumbling across those of similar interests and skill-sets should be precious and celebrated by everyone. I wish you nothing but the best and there are others like me out there who may, sometimes quietly, feel the same way.

If you ever need me or just want to hang out here's an easy way to find me. https://www.facebook.com/dale.spaulding.75

Tags
yxl single-lipo mod

Yeti XL Single Lipo Mod Advice - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Body and cage mod advice needed RABIDFOX Axial Wraith 4 04-19-2015 10:47 AM
Evx2 (non lipo) run 2 motors on a single 3s Greenie Newbie General 3 02-19-2015 07:07 AM
ax10 mod advice gixrsixr Axial AX-10 Scorpion 15 03-25-2011 07:51 AM
Single cell lipo question The Door Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 5 11-03-2010 03:07 AM
Simple Single Battery Mod thunderwagn Duratrax Cliff Climber 5 01-08-2009 09:10 AM