Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Hot Racing Bellcrank failure

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2017, 05:55 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Hot Racing Bellcrank failure

So this happened this weekend:

This is the Hot Racing Adjustable Steering Bellcrank for the Yeti XL, part YEX4801, next to a stock plastic bellcrank. As you can see there is a slight cant to the Hot Racing steering post and its the same on the other steering post as well. The symptom was the steering seized while I was living it up on 6S. Upon inspection the center braced was pressed up against the front bulkhead. Could not move it at all. Couldnt figure out what moved to caused this until I broke it down and compared the two next to each other. I put the stock bellcrank in and I have that normal clearance from the bulkhead. Never really took a crash to deserve this just been doing a lot of jumps.

So now I am in need of a new one. Forget Hot Racing this time... I used them because of the adjustable side of it and it worked until now. Everything else I have with them has been holding up. I had a GPM one before but the servo saver was to soft and it wasnt letting the YXL make a tight left turn. Also with GPM I had to to shave some of the center brace to get that to fit with my Hot Racing front bulkhead. Anybody have a reputable recommendation? Was looking at the DHAWK but is that the same as the GPM? Anyone have any experience with the STRC bellcrank? Integy? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
mtr1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2017, 09:41 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Hot Racing Bellcrank failure

Just doing a lot of jumps... I bet you landed every jump perfect too eh? I willing to bet there were some good forces placed on that thing. A front clip brace probably will help save the next bellcrank that you get.
Lavaheadache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:39 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I have done a tad less bending but the same thing with my GPM, it was cause by a solid tree and large jumps. I just straightened it out and game on. I also bent the track bar too.
MaxxPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:19 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I use the DHAWK but better check mine. Never really looked at it after the build except to check side to side movement. Sorry about the damage but thanks for the heads up.
pro mod steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:29 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Yeah there were many many jumps for sure. So maybe I will try to bend it back. I initially thought the HR bell crank was inferior but perhaps it would of happen with any brand. Another conclusion is that with all the upgraded parts, my YXL is a big fatty. My front suspension has never been optimum with stock shocks and yellow springs. Something I did with my yeti 1/10 scale is upgrade the shocks to Losi shocks and that made a big difference. So thats what I'm going to do with the YXL. I ordered Losi XXL2 shocks with Raven progressive springs, a combination that was recommended in an earlier thread. Hopefully this will help in continuing my launch addiction.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:23 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Hot Racing Axial Yeti XL RC Car upgrades and Hop-ups

look into that part
Lavaheadache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:27 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Thanks Lavaheadache. I actually do have that installed. Everything up front is aluminum as well.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:01 PM   #8

Another option is the BHB basher bar plus extra bracing from basher bar to the top shock mounts. So far I have had no problems and I am running the GPM steering set up
Axial6768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 01:53 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

The bracing across the top shock mounts is definitely something I can do, thanks.

Hot Racing Bellcrank failure - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Racing Steering Bellcrank vs. GPM dempy Tamiya XC/CC01 15 03-07-2016 05:26 AM
opinions? HOT-RACING YET48G01 Aluminum Graphite Steering Bellcrank AXI Yeti 8000ft Axial Yeti 24 09-21-2015 12:58 PM
Hot Racing BellCrank Fried Servo after 5 min themacguru1 Axial Yeti XL 5 03-31-2015 12:45 PM
Hot Racing Links are hot mess!! Sethmetal Axial Wraith 53 04-12-2013 12:27 PM
GH Racing by Golden Horizons - *NEW* Steering Bellcrank GH Racing Vendors Miscellaneous 0 02-11-2008 07:41 PM