Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: New Axial "working on something fast"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2014, 01:07 PM   #81
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Default Re: New Axial "working on something fast"

if its a vehicle, i think thats one bet we can all make money on. that it will be RTR first.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2014, 01:32 PM   #82
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
The masses want RTR, so I'll bet that is what we will see.

im very sure RTR will hit the market first, no doubts there!
im saying ill be all over the KIT `when`it is released.

I hate RTR models.
SwampDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:32 PM   #83
RCC Addict

Traxxas has an amazing marketing idea...."offer an affordable, 'tough as nails' RC car that everyone could drive"....they have been making money for decades now. Hobbico is not in the market of losing money so you can bet there was a marketing move when Axial was bought. Do you think its fiscally sound to continue to cater to a small group of drooling diehards or target a much larger market....say, one that has yet to buy RC cars? There are WAY more people that do not have RCs than those who do. Makes sense that we will not see something WE want.

Consider who Axial is in bed with....so to speak. Jeep and a few off race companies. If ties are severed with Jeep, who else will foot the bill? The wraith was a great introduction into a new culture of RC fanatics, now that niche has been introduced and WIDELY exploited, I don't see another "solely off-road" vehicle being born simply based on the limited companies willing to pay for a representative RC in their chosen Sport....Then again, perhaps there were/are many contributors or a sanctioned body willing to fund a representative RC version of said sport to garner support from the mainstream spectators.

Granted, I thought SCT when they started to sponsor Casey Currie, but, they just made him a cool looking Jeep. Since Parker hit a home run with the RECON G6 series, its pulling in plenty of "common" folk as an introduction to the sport - great gimmick by the way....I'm sold! But then again, I always have been. With the "new hobby enthusiasts" market doing well, its not completely out of the realm of plausible to think Axial has freed up a little time and money to exercise their creative juices and freedoms on a smaller "Comp" style RC....existing sport, of course. Its apparent that the companies Axial is integrated with in the outdoor world get first choice when it comes to new products....heck, that's how deals are made and money is made/saved. I foresee more advertising for the current off road technologies than I do for an RC that emulates, in scale, the sport specifically. In other words, its cheaper and easier to build a product to advertise for companies in existence than it is to build a Ultra4 or KOH vehicle. More groups are reached through technologies than specific sport classes.

I have to agree it would be easy to create a U4 chassis and cage, heck, perhaps that should be a side project for Axial - bolt on parts from your existing RCs and boom - Wrexo/U4

So, where does that leave us? Wanting more? You bet....expecting more?! YUP! Only time will tell. All this being considered, I have no idea what is coming out of the stable, but I sure hope is one brutish STUD!

I'm tired now, I'm gonna take a nap
redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:04 PM   #84
Quarry Creeper

I hope its a 2.2 "Bro-Dozer" with tow mirrors, exhaust stacks, low profile tires, rockstar rims, too much lift and a giant drop hitch
1tonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:50 PM   #85
Quarry Creeper

hmm with those colors...Telluride like truck with a 2015 Renegade body...could fit the color sheme!
rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:25 PM   #86
www.ottsix.com

The only parts that are original on my EXO are the front diff case, skid, and body...it's very likely that I'll do same thing with their new offering.
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

I'm thinking that whatever it is, it will run those new 1.9 BFG's. They didn't make those tires just because they were bored in the office.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:29 PM   #88
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
I'm thinking that whatever it is, it will run those new 1.9 BFG's. They didn't make those tires just because they were bored in the office.
What about the Falken Wild Peaks they showed off before?
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:37 PM   #89
Rock Crawler

I'm hoping an SCX10 based IFS scale desert truck/prerunner.

Most likely it will be a Wrexo/U4 though lol.
KillerBlackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:42 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

No matter what it is I won't likely own one till some fan boy that pre ordered one gets bored and slaps it in the classifieds for less than half price with a bunch of upgrades.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:24 PM   #91
www.ottsix.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
good point
Old 04-08-2014, 10:32 PM   #92
www.ottsix.com

it'd be nice if they made their products to the same standards as, say, Team Associated....top shelf right out the box. Sure, lot's of upgrade parts, but at the end of the day, they're really not needed.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:37 PM   #93
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
No matter what it is I won't likely own one till some fan boy that pre ordered one gets bored and slaps it in the classifieds for less than half price with a bunch of upgrades.
I see the four-figure price tags fully equipped VP rigs have on them in the classifieds. But that's another story.

I'm still sticking to an Ultra 4, King Of Hammers type rig. Most likely since it's relatively easy to stick an Exo front on a Wraith and use parts that are already made, I'm going with that. Maybe a slightly different Wraith cage to change up the body panel style a little.
KillerBlackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:45 PM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBlackbird View Post
I see the four-figure price tags fully equipped VP rigs have on them in the classifieds. But that's another story.

I'm still sticking to an Ultra 4, King Of Hammers type rig. Most likely since it's relatively easy to stick an Exo front on a Wraith and use parts that are already made, I'm going with that. Maybe a slightly different Wraith cage to change up the body panel style a little.

Pay attention some more then. Heck a wraith roller just got posted with a pile of VP parts for under $400. There is more than that in just VP pieces so if you're in the market for a wraith that's a steal.

I think a wrexo type rig is the most likely candidate due to current parts availability.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:33 AM   #95
Rock Stacker

My bet is that it will be an ULTRA 4 rig, almost surely. On their facebook page they're posting a lot of pictures of U4/KOH rigs, stressing the attention on that kind of vehicle. I don't think it is casual.
Skullsplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #96
~THE SCALE SHOP~

also remember this "one off" they posted. those tires have to be going on something....
Axial Racing - Falken SCX10™ Jeep® Wrangler G6 build

Old 04-10-2014, 10:09 AM   #97
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
also remember this "one off" they posted. those tires have to be going on something....
Axial Racing - Falken SCX10™ Jeep® Wrangler G6 build

I assume that is an RTR G6 that's coming out.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:35 AM   #98
~THE SCALE SHOP~

no one cares about that. all we want is a damn preorder date for them damn tires! haha
Old 04-10-2014, 11:48 AM   #99
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
I assume that is an RTR G6 that's coming out.
If so wouldn't they have announced it already?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:50 AM   #100
RCC Addict

cant be this model...
wasnt one of the announced selected colors they were looking for?
SwampDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
braaaap, worthless without pichers

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti/490320-new-axial-working-something-fast.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Thema anzeigen - Axial Yeti - Resteverwertung pur... This thread Refback 06-16-2014 01:23 PM
Axial rumors...... - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 04-07-2014 12:38 PM
Axial rumors...... - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 04-07-2014 12:22 PM

New Axial "working on something fast" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM
Project "working class superduty" true scale Diesel-tech 1.9 Scale Rigs 10 05-21-2011 09:36 PM
Axial Scorpion Lizard Tires "In Stock" and "Shipping" 6/26/07 **RCP Crawlers** Rockpiledriver RCP Crawlers 6 06-27-2007 10:33 AM
wasnt someone working on a "Tater" scaler? (disney/pixar CARS) STANG KILLA SS General Scale Talk 5 05-07-2007 07:33 PM