Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: yeti 1 week review/ build thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2014, 12:49 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default yeti 1 week review/ build thread

So i have officially had my yeti for a week now and im completely happy with it! I did just as the manual suggests with applying loctite to some of the bolts and guess what, they never backed out, what a concept!! I gave it a good look over and adjusted the mesh between the pinion and spur gear because it seemed too loose to me. So far i have ran 4 2s 5000 packs through it, and 5 3s 6500 packs after swapping the pinion for a 13p unit to keep motor temps down. The tires have stayed on the bead through all of this, and no i don't drive easy by any means. After every run i checked the wheel nuts and hubs to make sure everything is still good. The hubs have a tiny bit of deformation from the pin, but probably have at least 10 more packs of life left in them! The only down time i have had with this truck is when it ate a bearing in the rear axle lockout but luckily I had a spare and was back on the trail in 10 minutes. I'll try to have a carnage pic up tomorrow sometime, but its nothing too exciting, just a tore up bearing. So far im very pleased with this truck!! My plan is to only upgrade parts as they break but we will see if i can actually stick to that plan haha!
db450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

yeti 1 week review/ build thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exceed Mad Torque - Extensive Review and build thread monkeyracer Superclass Crawlers 96 06-25-2016 07:55 AM
Exclusive Review Axial Yeti ax90026 badger Axial Yeti 558 09-18-2014 07:06 PM
Real Honest Review of the Axial Yeti Tin Soldier Videos! 4 09-08-2014 04:21 PM
Big Squid RC Yeti Video & Review thisdougsforu Axial Yeti 28 07-14-2014 08:16 PM
After review many thread about the 1:6 scale willy jeep, I wanna to build one also ice_sonic Large Scale Rigs 5 04-15-2010 05:45 AM