Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Carwling with a Yeti

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2014, 10:50 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Carwling with a Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboggs View Post
I come from a comp crawler back ground and to me that is crawling, going slow over technical obstacles on rocks. G6 and Ultra4 is where the Yeti will be best at.
Now I agree with that statement but comp crawling is a whole different bird, I don't think a Wraith or SCX10 would fair any better in that environment.
SteveC6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2014, 03:06 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

I feel like "crawling" is slower than "running" and using those words may be dated at this point. I try to use "climbing," "on the rocks," or other descriptions, just to avoid needless semantical debate.
Turtlejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:45 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlejon View Post
I feel like "crawling" is slower than "running" and using those words may be dated at this point. I try to use "climbing," "on the rocks," or other descriptions, just to avoid needless semantical debate.
I agree with your definition and that's what I do with my Yeti, others results may be different from mine.

Our club is mainly what your definition is, we have places we go that are insane IMO that have crazy hills and rocks that we crawl. There are some awesome drivers with awesome rigs in our club and I can hold my own with the Yeti and then some.

Let me be clear here, I'm not trying to argue with anyone, the OP asked a question, can the Yeti crawl? I disagree with those that say it can't, it's not a comp crawler and I'm not trying to compare it to one and I believe that's a whole other category anyway. Can it compare to a Wraith, so far mine has for the most part but once again, your results may vary.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:19 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Technically, it appears he asked about "carwling" lol! I just read the title. I think we should call it that from now on, hehe!
Call it what you like, yeti is a monster and can cover serious terrain!!
Turtlejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:40 PM   #25
Jus
I wanna be Dave

I've never even seen a Yeti in person but I'm willing to bet it'd be pretty decent with a little work. I've even seen an Exo turned into a pretty decent crawler (saw it with my own eyes) so anything is possible. It's basically a huge Twin Hammers which I personally did some crawling with and that was impressive on the smooth natural ledge formations.

Isn't half the point of the hobby to take something and turn it into something else for the fun of it?
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:57 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post
Isn't half the point of the hobby to take something and turn it into something else for the fun of it?
100% I would consider my Wraith closer to an airplane than a rock crawler.
Crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:10 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post
Exactly.

Carwling with a Yeti - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti, Set, GO!!! FastEddy Bearings for the Axial Yeti FastEddy Axial Yeti 13 04-21-2015 07:33 AM
water yeti.. calling all yeti owners going2fast Axial Yeti 11 11-02-2014 05:43 PM
Yeti Jimbow Axial Yeti 6 08-29-2014 12:54 PM
Yeti CKRC Hobbies CKRC Hobbies 0 07-30-2014 11:11 PM